Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 13:35   #76
BHPian

Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
AFAIK, using a Bluetooth headset (of even a speakerphone) is illegal in India. In BLR when cops are trying hard to meet their month-end targets, i have seen cops target people talking on BT headsets. Anyone driving with a BT headset is flagged (though you may not be using it at that moment). Tracking BT Speakerphones on the other hand is not so simple.

source - Mumbai Traffic Police
read the section - FAQ REGARDING USE OF MOBILE PHONE WHILE DRIVING
If Bluetooth headset is illegal in India, then how come all these car/car audio companies are selling car audio systems with bluetooth, wont that be illegal as well?
Old 20th March 2012, 14:39   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouravsinha View Post
If Bluetooth headset is illegal in India, then how come all these car/car audio companies are selling car audio systems with bluetooth, wont that be illegal as well?
Technical loopholes in the rule.

If there is a single occupant in the car, legally his/her mobile phone must be switched off. Use of Bluetooth devices (speaker, headset etc) thus also is not legally permitted.

If there are multiple occupants in the car, the driver cannot use mobile with or without Bluetooth. The other occupants can very well do so. Automobile manufacturers use this premise to equip cars with Bluetooth systems, it is meant for the non-driver occupants.

NEEDLESS TO ADD - ALL THIS IS THEORY.
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 16:07   #78
BHPian

I have a Jawbone Era. Works amazing. Accelerometer based. Fits perfect. Audio is clear. Though if you keep it turned on, battery is a bit disappointing, comes for 4 days or so. But if you regularly turn it off, its good.

Last edited by snorting bull : 20th March 2012 at 16:09.
Old 29th April 2012, 09:08   #79
BHPian

Just bought a Jabra Cruiser 2 - from Amazon.com, home delivered for approx ~Rs. 3750. Took around a week to come, courtesy shopabroadonline.com

Works great and importantly, clearly reads out the caller name from the phone book.

The freeway was about $40 more (+ higher import duty) and I didn't really feel the need for the additional features.
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:16   #80
Senior - BHPian

Bought another beautiful Jabra Headset - Stone 2 white to compliment my newly purchased galaxy note, it really is a masterpiece

Jabra
Old 29th July 2012, 14:36   #81
BHPian

Just bought a Jabra Freeway for my wife's i10. Costed me 5.8k (Ebay India - with 10% ICICI Discount).

So, I have both a Freeway and a Cruiser in my cars.

My take: Freeway worth the extra 2K. Why?

a. Better sound quality than Cruiser2

b. Automatic switching on and off is awesome. In the Cruiser2, you have to manually use the power off switch. Easy to forget.

c. Voice Controls - the wow factor! True hands-off.

d. SMS reading suffered from low volume in Cruiser2. In the Freeway, it is loud and clear.

Issues?

a. Voice Control - BEWARE - a bit quirky! For instance, it doesn't recognize my wife's 'answer'. She's not too happy about that and feels dejected everytime that happens! Recognizes all my commands except 'battery'.

b. Noticeably bulkier than the Cruiser 2. Has two clips instead of one.

Hope this helps
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 20:25   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Recognizes all my commands except 'battery'.
LOL... yes, even my set sometimes needs to be told "Battery" 2-3 times before the lady inside would tell me the number of hours of talktime left!
Old 1st September 2012, 11:05   #83
BHPian

Quick feedback after 40 days of usage:

The Cruiser2 battery seems to last far longer than the Freeway. Maybe the Cruiser2 is the better bet after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Just bought a Jabra Freeway for my wife's i10. Costed me 5.8k (Ebay India - with 10% ICICI Discount).

So, I have both a Freeway and a Cruiser in my cars.

My take: Freeway worth the extra 2K. Why?

a. Better sound quality than Cruiser2

b. Automatic switching on and off is awesome. In the Cruiser2, you have to manually use the power off switch. Easy to forget.

c. Voice Controls - the wow factor! True hands-off.

d. SMS reading suffered from low volume in Cruiser2. In the Freeway, it is loud and clear.

Issues?

a. Voice Control - BEWARE - a bit quirky! For instance, it doesn't recognize my wife's 'answer'. She's not too happy about that and feels dejected everytime that happens! Recognizes all my commands except 'battery'.

b. Noticeably bulkier than the Cruiser 2. Has two clips instead of one.

Hope this helps
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:33   #84
BHPian

@d_himan: Cruiser2 does have an auto shutoff. I think it does it once the device has been out of range for 15-20 minutes. And the battery life - I simply love it. It easily lasts a few weeks on my WagonR which admittedly is driven very sparsely.
Old 11th September 2012, 11:40   #85
BHPian

I am seriously thinking of investing in it, seems like a good device, specially for someone who spends 3 hours daily commuting to and from work. But I also saw Parrot Minikit http://www.parrot.net.nz/minikit-plus.html

This looks smaller as compared to Jabra, did you consider Parrot? If yes, what made you go for the Jabra?
Old 11th September 2012, 12:09   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
...what made you go for the Jabra?
Cheaper than the Parrot, and more easily available in India. Also Jabra has a presence and service facilities in India.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 12:13   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Cheaper than the Parrot, and more easily available in India. Also Jabra has a presence and service facilities in India.
Thanks! This was definitely helpful, will be going for Jabra, the only problem, on infibeam it is out of stock, and even on flipkart :(
Old 11th September 2012, 12:18   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
LOL... yes, even my set sometimes needs to be told "Battery" 2-3 times before the lady inside would tell me the number of hours of talktime left!
Is it because of the pronunciation? As per dictionary, it is bat-uh-ree. Not 'bat-eh-ree' or 'bat-ree'
Old 11th September 2012, 12:54   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Thanks! This was definitely helpful, will be going for Jabra, the only problem, on infibeam it is out of stock, and even on flipkart :(
Shantanu, i also have Jabra freeway, and its really good.I saw a couple of them were available @ Croma near marathalli, you might be able to pick it up from there . Or let me know if you want me check it and if its available i can pick it up for you, if needed .

Cheers
Old 11th September 2012, 13:21   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Shantanu, i also have Jabra freeway, and its really good.I saw a couple of them were available @ Croma near marathalli, you might be able to pick it up from there . Or let me know if you want me check it and if its available i can pick it up for you, if needed .

Cheers
Thats great!
will check out the one in your Car probably on this weekend, and then go for the buy... if that is okay with you. I think you stay in HSR Layout....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks