Team-BHP - The Best Setup!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   The Best Setup! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/11306-best-setup.html)

Now i got a new swift and have narrowed down to fixing JBL speakers in it.

1. 4ch Amplifier (JBL 60.4)
2. Front Components (JBL 606)
3. Rear Coax (JBL 636) Maybe a 6.25" inch ones

with a JBL Bass Tube assisted with a MONSTER Cable (Am not so sure about this one though.)

Surely these accessories are going to be pumped into the car but now while i was browsing my catalogue of pioneer audio systems, i came across a model DEH-P4790MP priced at 9k (damn it looks hot!) and zeroed into it, but later i found out another one DEH-P5750MP priced at 12.5k, checking out the differences between these two i found out that the latter had Preout only for the rear while the other one 3 Preoutputs -Front + Rear + subwoofer/front + rear + non-fading (does not good at all as much as the other)

Now considering the amp, and the coax and stuff, which one is preferable?

I want a really good Head Unit but it must damn attractive too but not too expensive.

PS : You have seen all the components, now i dont think a subwoofer is necessary right? I want as punch that could be heard 3 cars down, are the ones i mentioned are they enough or i need to get a sub woofer?

My total Budget is 20 k -30 k

The 5750 comes with 3 preouts which you will need if you are planning to run front speakers, rear speakers and sub from an amp. The 5750 is a 2005 product and costs around Rs 8,000 in the grey market.

The 5850 and 6850 were released in 2006. I'm not too sure about the prices. The 5850 now has 2 preouts and the 6850 has 3 preouts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by furioussphinx
Now i got a new swift and...........

Congratulations on buying new car and welcome to the world of ICE.

And dont worry abt budget,we all will 'pool in' the money and make u buy the stuff with more budget.

For lot of bass,u must go for 6x9 2-way coaxial at rear tray made of 3/4"MDF and 2 subw in ported box.But then u will need higher budget which surely u r going to have now that u have joined this forum.lol:

Quote:

I want a really good Head Unit but it must damn attractive too but not too expensive.
5750 5850 are all good but IMHO u shud go for 8650 (16.5K) or 9650 (18K) grey market prices. both have 13B-EQ and 6.5V preouts and the Display is amazing. Plus u can upload ur own movies and pics on to the display.

guys guys, i have told you the speakers , etc etc,

1. Along with those is a sub necessary?
2. Which is the best head unit (gotta be good looking) to go for? (Guess 12k+ is too expensive)

I seriously have no idea of these things. Now what are these preoutputs?

If i put an 4ch amp, how many preoutputs are necessary to be there?

Help me because i am so so so confused please:

Now i want to ICE a swift. My budget? around 25-30 k .

Now i want the gurus and all to drop their advices about the most ideal and best head unit + front comps + the rears + amp + sub.

Only the most best that is available in this budget bracket. Please help me guys!

PS : I want the prices + The make and model

As iam a newbie, i have no idea of anything, so please explain everything in detail.

The bass effect must be sooo good that it should be heard well and clear 3 cars down the road! JBL looks good.

Quote:

guys guys, i have told you the speakers , etc etc,

1. Along with those is a sub necessary?
2. Which is the best head unit (gotta be good looking) to go for? (Guess 12k+ is too expensive)

I seriously have no idea of these things. Now what are these preoutputs?

If i put an 4ch amp, how many preoutputs are necessary to be there?

1. Its upto you if you want a sub. Very low frequencies can be handled by the sub. If you opt for a sub you will need a powerful amp with that. Either a monoblock amp or a 2 channel amp with the 2 channels bridged into one.

2. From my experience the Pioneer 5750 is really good. It does not have the dolphins usually found in the more expensive Pioneer head units. The sound is good, its packed with a lot of features and its very well priced in the grey market. If you want something with a bill and warranty you can look at units from Sony or Blaupunkt. I'm not too sure about the prices but an equivalent model in Sony will definitely cost more.

A preout is a socket on the head unit to which you connect amps. Its also known as RCA preouts sometimes. When manufacturers refer to 1, 2 or 3 preouts they mean 1, 2 or 3 pairs.

If you have a HU with one preout you can connect a monoblock or a 2 channel amp and run a sub off it.

With two preouts you can run your front speakers and rear speakers
or
front speakers and a sub

With three preouts front speakers, rear speakers and a sub can be powered by an amp.

Well i guess its the speakers which make all the difference in the sound and the HU has got nothing to do with it right?

and coming to HU's which are very good and wont cost a bomb? (Make)

Quote:

1. 4ch Amplifier (JBL 60.4)
2. Front Components (JBL 606)
3. Rear Coax (JBL 636) Maybe a 6.25" inch ones
with a JBL Bass Tube assisted with a MONSTER Cable (Am not so sure about this one though.)

front comps: 5.5K
rear coax: 3.5K
4 ch amp: 9K
that is 18K
leaves you 11K for the HU.
no sub.

if you want to include a sub in a budget of 20K

HU: 6K
4 coax: 7K
Sony 504 amp: 5K
Pio sub in box: 3K
-----------------

if you have 30K
get better sub say JBL 1200T for 6.5K
get better amp say JBL 60.4 for 9K
get comps for the front 5.5K

BTW furious you started 2 threads with the same topic so i merged them. please refrain from this in the future.

Heh parijnan, this is with reference to the post No.2 by you. Well, you mentioned that the pioneer 5750 has 2 preouts whereas the 6750 has 3 preouts. I think you are wrong on that bro. Infact its the other way round, 5750 comes with 3 preouts and the 6750 comes with 2 preouts. i have personally used both, 6750 has a OEL Organic Display with dolphins and stuff. Both are priced similarly in the grey market at around 7k.

Cheers

Head-Unit- Pioneer 5750/6750-7k
Fronts- JBL 606 Components -5.5k
Rears- JBL 636 Coax -3.5k
AMP- Alpine MRP-240 - 10.5k(pure SQ amp, worth every penny)
Wiring- Streetwires, JBL, Kicker -3k

Total-34.5k:Shockked: (arrange for 5k boss you will love this setup)

Add a sub and a mono/2ch amp later when you get the doughclap: .

Cheers

Hey that might just do my work

Head Unit 7k pioneer with 3 pair of RCA outs
Front components 5-6k pio,blau,Hertz,JBL,Infinty
Rear coaxials 3-4k " " " " "
A 4-ch Amp 7k pio6100,JBL
A 12" subw 5-8k JBL,pio,Image dynamics

Add few k more and buy good audison wiring for good result & later upgrades like adding sony 502 for subw.

Whatever is ur budget,buy less but good stuff now and u can alwyads modify/upgrade later when u have more budget.Here u can leave out subw now and buy better spk and amplifier.Dont buy HU >7-8k with ur budget.

dont forget big amp's
to support the woffer's,,

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Congratulations on buying new car and welcome to the world of ICE.

And dont worry abt budget,we all will 'pool in' the money and make u buy the stuff with more budget.

For lot of bass,u must go for 6x9 2-way coaxial at rear tray made of 3/4"MDF and 2 subw in ported box.But then u will need higher budget which surely u r going to have now that u have joined this forum.lol:

Here at hyd, HU pioneer start with 7k, that too a basic model. Good ones with 3 preoutputs are costing 10k+. Not in showrooms, at accessory shops, and what is a grey market?