Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 15:38   #1
BHPian

Fiat Linea Head-Unit Issues

I have used it in the past with an 8GB pen drive and it worked fine.

I tried using it this week with a 8GB and 16GB pen drives (both recent models, i do not have the older pen drive that worked fine in the car) and it does not work now. Source not available error.

I checked the manual and it sort of recommends pen drive with capacities of 1GB or less.

I would have to locate a pen drive of smaller capacity to see if the storage size is the problem.

My question...

1. What is a safe size to use in the USB drive of Fiat Linea. I want to be sure about the problem before I visit the Tata service center.
2. This is I believe the first time I am trying out the USB feature after getting the car serviced couple of months ago... Could this be related to it? USB port is charging my phone so it is connected to the power source at least.
3. Should I try updating the B&M component in the car? Where can I find the latest build that works on Indian edition of Linea? Should I ask the Tata service center guys to check if the version on my car is the latest one?

My Linea is 2.5 years old so it is the older version. I am currently in the process of locating an Audio CD to see if at least that is working in my car. I have been relying on Radio for the last couple of months and it's only now that I am noticing this problem.

I wonder what would be the possible solution if the problem is in the USB connector in the car. I have the extended warranty on this car (2+2 I believe) but I am not sure if the audio system is included in this package. I need to contact Fiat or Blaupunkt to get it checked/fixed?
Old 10th January 2012, 15:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea USB functionality seems to be not working

I think there may some issue with the Pen drive. Try testing with other Pen drives. I am using an 8 GB transcend on my Linea since day-1. Works wonder.
Old 10th January 2012, 18:32   #3
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
I tried using it this week with a 8GB and 16GB pen drives (both recent models, i do not have the older pen drive that worked fine in the car) and it does not work now.
Did you try resetting Blue&Me by disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery and reconnecting it after about 10 minutes? If not, please try this. It would solve most of the problems. If you do this, date and time details are to be reset again in the MID.
  (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 19:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am using 8GB pendrive in my car. I also know some Linea owners even using external hard drives too .

As said by Ravi sir, try resettting by disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery.
Old 10th January 2012, 20:02   #5
BHPian

Found the 'problem'.

Apparently newer versions of Blue&Me requires me to select media player from the steering controls. I am pretty sure earlier CD and Media Player used to work from the CD button (if CD was not present, it picked up the USB) on the dashboard. I tried updating the B&M firmware. Resetted the audio settings. In the end, while playing with the steering controls, I found the option media player and well my 16GB pen drive now works fine. Just that it does not seem to be available from the change source option which switches between different radio frequencies and CD.

Now, I feel like an idiot as I ended up listening to crap radio on my recent trip to Jaipur and Bhangarh while thinking that the new pen drive was not compatible with my car's USB port...

In any case, I am surprised that the car does not pick up the pen drive when I insert it in the USB port. It definitely used to pick it up automatically earlier. Definitely something a firmware upgrade has caused...

Last edited by Sushubh : 10th January 2012 at 20:04.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh
Found the 'problem'.

Apparently newer versions of Blue&Me requires me to select media player from the steering controls. I am pretty sure earlier CD and Media Player used to work from the CD button (if CD was not present, it picked up the USB) on the dashboard. I tried updating the B&M firmware. Resetted the audio settings. In the end, while playing with the steering controls, I found the option media player and well my 16GB pen drive now works fine. Just that it does not seem to be available from the change source option which switches between different radio frequencies and CD.

Now, I feel like an idiot as I ended up listening to crap radio on my recent trip to Jaipur and Bhangarh while thinking that the new pen drive was not compatible with my car's USB port...

In any case, I am surprised that the car does not pick up the pen drive when I insert it in the USB port. It definitely used to pick it up automatically earlier. Definitely something a firmware upgrade has caused...
If you set Autoplay OFF it won't read USB automatically. If you turn into ON, it will automatically play once you insert the USB in the slot. Setup is in Settings-> Mediaplayer->Autoplay. Check this option.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 22:52   #7
BHPian

FWIW (though you seem to have licked the problem) I have a 320GB drive connected to the B&M and it works fine. Except that to scan my 200+GB collection (after converting my 800GB+ collection into MP3 and WMA files) it was taking seven days and still not done, so I had to mercilessly chop songs. The drive has about 30Gb of songs on it and it seems fine. Takes two minutes after car starting to start playing as it checks the library integrity, though. Smaller drives start quicker.
cranky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 00:00   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
If you set Autoplay OFF it won't read USB automatically. If you turn into ON, it will automatically play once you insert the USB in the slot. Setup is in Settings-> Mediaplayer->Autoplay. Check this option.
Or say "Autoplay off" or "Autoplay On"and say "Play" to play your media player to B&M. Boy, don't we love our B&M.
RIC.BURNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 21:08   #9
BHPian

re: Fiat Linea Head-Unit Issues

cool. 2.5 years of owning this car and features still look like bugs to me! i would check that setting. thanks!

voice recognition has rarely worked for me. i blame my own crappy english accent for that though. it's fun when it works though.
Old 13th September 2013, 20:32   #10
BHPian

When a pen drive is used the tracks don't automatically go to the next track. It plays the same song over and over again until you manually switch. Any solutions!
Old 13th September 2013, 20:39   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelravin View Post
When a pen drive is used the tracks don't automatically go to the next track. It plays the same song over and over again until you manually switch. Any solutions!
You need to turn the track-loop "Off". Go to Media Player settings and you will find the option to turn it off. Read the Blue&Me manual if you are not able to locate the option.

All the best!
Biraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 20:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
You need to turn the track-loop "Off". Go to Media Player settings and you will find the option to turn it off. Read the Blue&Me manual if you are not able to locate the option.

All the best!
Easier option is to press Voice button and say, "Loop off".
Possible only if your Linea Understands your Accent.

Fortunately, mine has started understanding me
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 13:08   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
The drive has about 30Gb of songs on it and it seems fine. Takes two minutes after car starting to start playing as it checks the library integrity, though. Smaller drives start quicker.
Have you tried placing your music in subfolders? In the Lexus audio system, it takes a long time to read all the entries in a particular directory. Separating the music into folders means that there are fewer entries to be processed by it.

Some players don't work with folders at all whereas others support a certain number of folders. It's a hit-or-miss when I take a USB flash drive to play on a player, either car audio or those DVD players with USB ports, so I always keep 2 flash drives with the files organized differently. Besides, flash drives are almost as cheap as cassettes and CDs used to be in the early days when you buy them in pairs (1+1 offer).
Old 17th January 2015, 09:28   #14
BHPian

CD Error- Fiat Linea

Hi everyone,

The stock HU in my Linea is not playing CDs. When I insert the disk it shows, CD reading but after 3 or 4 seconds it shows CD disk error and spits the CD out. It has been a while ( like a month or so) since I last used it.

I suspect a burnt cd motor because no spinning sound is heard and the cd is ejected without any signs of rotation. It gets ejected the same way it went in. But i can hear the laser or the thing which reads the cd move.

Mine is an emotion( no pack), I came to know that the OEM HU is a Blaupunkt. Should I take it to the A.S.S or is there any quick fix or DIY. Also, Im not much bothered about the Cd, if I can get the aux in. Is there any place here at trivandrum where i can get the cd repaired or the aux in intsalled?
Old 19th January 2015, 17:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: CD Error- Fiat Linea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umesh Kumar61 View Post
... The stock HU in my Linea is not playing CDs. When I insert the disk it shows, CD reading but after 3 or 4 seconds it shows CD disk error and spits the CD out. ...

I suspect a burnt cd motor because no spinning sound is heard and the cd is ejected without any signs of rotation. It gets ejected the same way it went in. But i can hear the laser or the thing which reads the cd move.

Mine is an emotion( no pack), I came to know that the OEM HU is a Blaupunkt. Should I take it to the A.S.S or is there any quick fix or DIY. Also, Im not much bothered about the Cd, if I can get the aux in. Is there any place here at trivandrum where i can get the cd repaired or the aux in intsalled?
Get it serviced by A.S.S. - likely to be a dirty lens or faulty drive motor (less likely)

* One can't really hear the spinning sound in any CD player

* By the time the CD comes out, it has already been 'braked' - it is not sent out spinning

* Yes, all CDs get ejected 'the same way' the are inserted! If you mean the label print hasn't moved an inch, the possibility is that the drive motor has gone bad. Only the service guys can find out
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks