Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 13:33   #16
PhX
BHPian

Re: Which ICE for 2012 Honda City Corporate Edition (Budget: 40k)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
If you get the GTO949 you'll have the get the rear tray cut.They are 6X9 speakers and can be installed on the tray only.I would suggest you installing a pair in the doors.If you don't have a chauffeur you can get any 6" coaxial speakers else you can get the component speakers installed in the rear doors.
Ah, you're right. There's no chauffeur, so I'll have to have 6.5" at the back.
So my options (in-keeping with the idea of keeping an all-JBL speaker set-up) would be:
  • GT6-S366
  • GT6-S266
  • Infinity REF6532I (I think this is not a JBL speaker, but was listed on the JBL website)
Between the top 2, the 366 seems to make sense because the difference in price isn't much. What do you say?
Quote:
I would Say ,Stay away from Sony be it anything in CarAudio!
Really? Hmm! I am generally ok with Sony for their audio...I have a 6 year old Sony Walkman (MP3) still in running condition and excellent sound output, and though their earphones/headphones are not sturdy, sound quality is generally good. But you specifically say in Car Audio, so I'll avoid Sony.

Thanks!
Old 19th January 2012, 14:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hello there,

What i would Suggest is you can get in:

7"Inch In-Dash Touchscreen
Front Stage : 2-way Component System
Rear Stage : 2/3-way Coaxials.
Honda City Harness
Spacer Rings.
Reverse camera 2.0mp with night-vision
Complete Installation

It will fit in the budgets you mentioned also you will not require any Amplifier if your just looking out for some cleaner smooth sound.

Ramie
ramie2400 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 14:56   #18
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Hello there,

What i would Suggest is you can get in:

7"Inch In-Dash Touchscreen
Front Stage : 2-way Component System
Rear Stage : 2/3-way Coaxials.
Honda City Harness
Spacer Rings.
Reverse camera 2.0mp with night-vision
Complete Installation

It will fit in the budgets you mentioned also you will not require any Amplifier if your just looking out for some cleaner smooth sound.

Ramie
Thanks for your inputs.

Couple of (possibly noob) questions:
  1. What are spacer rings? And what is a Honda City Harness?
  2. For the 7" in-dash touch, is there any particular one you recommend?
  3. Same question for reverse camera...any particular brand/model that comes to your mind?
Old 19th January 2012, 15:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

My answers in BOLD

Couple of (possibly noob) questions:
  1. What are spacer rings? And what is a Honda City Harness?Spacer Rings are used for installing components + coaxials in the doors.Harness is for installing after-market Headunit without voiding the warranty.Every professional Installer uses this.
  2. For the 7" in-dash touch, is there any particular one you recommend?There are many in the markets you can opt according to the budgets.Sorry cant reveal the model nos. as commercially affiliated with ICE markets.But just have a look what Honda has to offer you in your budgets.
  3. Same question for reverse camera...any particular brand/model that comes to your mind?there is no particular brands available for reverse camera,any camera with a minimun 1.3mp with night vision will work just fine
Ramie
ramie2400 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 13:52   #20
PhX
BHPian

I have now finalised everything, except that the HU I wanted to go for (Pioneer 3350BT) has been discontinued. Pioneer's launching its new product line-up

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...an-2012-a.html

Can someone help me find out the price and availability of these in Mumbai. The only thing that's now preventing me from taking delivery of my car is this.

Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 21:02   #21

Hi! So what is the installation you have gone for finally.

I have just booked my NHC CE edition and have started my research for the audio setup for the same. My initial budget is about 50K and i am looking for a touch screen panel. I drive the car myself and there are only 2 of us (my better half) and both like soft jazz, lounge and easy listening music. I was thinking of setting up a good touch screen HU with a front components & Amp if the budget allows. The rear of the car can be done later, or now if the budget permits.

My dealer unfortunately has very limited options and so i think i may need to go out to get the installation done. The dealer is offering me a Megaudio setup with reverse camera & map my India navigation and all for 44K (only the HU). I tried the megaudio setup on one of the demo cars they had prepared, its nice but the interface is really simple and tasteless though it serves the purpose. Any suggestions on HU's that can be installed without voiding the warranty?
Old 12th February 2012, 23:47   #22
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_o_hammer View Post
Hi! So what is the installation you have gone for finally.

I have just booked my NHC CE edition and have started my research for the audio setup for the same. My initial budget is about 50K and i am looking for a touch screen panel. I drive the car myself and there are only 2 of us (my better half) and both like soft jazz, lounge and easy listening music. I was thinking of setting up a good touch screen HU with a front components & Amp if the budget allows. The rear of the car can be done later, or now if the budget permits.

My dealer unfortunately has very limited options and so i think i may need to go out to get the installation done. The dealer is offering me a Megaudio setup with reverse camera & map my India navigation and all for 44K (only the HU). I tried the megaudio setup on one of the demo cars they had prepared, its nice but the interface is really simple and tasteless though it serves the purpose. Any suggestions on HU's that can be installed without voiding the warranty?
I haven't got anything installed yet because it's around February that most companies release their latest products for the year. In general, most people have recommended Pioneer touch-screen head-units. They have a new line-up of products coming out, announced here, but not yet available in the market. I'm thinking of going for the 4490BT. As for speakers, had settled on JBL components in the front and JBL coaxials at the back. But I might change this to go for Focus in the front and MTX at the back.

I'm not going in for an amplifier or a sub-woofer right now, because I don't think an amp would be required. If you listen to slow jazz, I would recommend focus more on quality speakers which would give you high fidelity rather than an amp. And for jazz music, doubt you would need a sub-woofer.

I will keep this thread updated with whatever I manage to finally get. My recommendation to you would be to look for either a 2-DIN or a 1-DIN with a pocket under it (to keep your USBs and other things), because the amount of space provided is for 2-DIN.
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:32   #23
PhX
BHPian

Currently, the non-Bluetooth Pioneer 1490 is apparently available in the market, but I'm not sure if I want to go for it.

I've begun to look at some other HU options:

Sony XAV-72BT DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

JVC KW-AVX846 7 Monitor Bluetooth DVD Player - $699.00

Would any of you have any kind of feedback on either of those models listed above? I'm finding the Sony quite interesting, but a little expensive.
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:42   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX

I haven't got anything installed yet because it's around February that most companies release their latest products for the year. In general, most people have recommended Pioneer touch-screen head-units.
If you are going for a touch 2DIN then I had any day recommend a MapmyIndia HU which comes with in built map service, BT, looks neat and has one of the best capacitive touch screens.

- Other brands HU cost 20+
- MapMyIndia 'Universal' HU is around 25k in Delhi - fits well.
- MapMyIndia City HU is 35k.
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:54   #25
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
If you are going for a touch 2DIN then I had any day recommend a MapmyIndia HU which comes with in built map service, BT, looks neat and has one of the best capacitive touch screens.

- Other brands HU cost 20+
- MapMyIndia 'Universal' HU is around 25k in Delhi - fits well.
- MapMyIndia City HU is 35k.
Hadn't thought of MapMyIndia as ICE, more like GPS. It's an interesting thought. I'm logging on to their website to check out the options...it's a really messy website. Do you recommend any particular model?

EDIT:
THe City HU seems to be 44k
http://www.mapmyindia.com/gps/products/car/buy.html#buy

Last edited by PhX : 22nd February 2012 at 19:59.
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:18   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX
Hadn't thought of MapMyIndia as ICE, more like GPS. It's an interesting thought. I'm logging on to their website to check out the options...it's a really messy website. Do you recommend any particular model?

EDIT:
THe City HU seems to be 44k
http://www.mapmyindia.com/gps/products/car/buy.html#buy
Am referring to quotes received in person when I was getting my CE ICEd. You may want to check out in person quotes. The 'Universal' definitely is in the 25k range and really nice SQ. Do check it out in person.
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:43   #27

The MMI unit that you are talking about I believe is a CASKA / Mega Audio unit. I have seen the Mega audio unit in a demo car at Ring Road Honda here in Gurgaon but was not really impressed. While it has blue tooth, navigation et all features are there, the interface seems a tad too old. Many of the people have been complaining of the units map reading ability and screen visibility issues as well. There complaints can be seen on consumer court forum websites if you search on the google.

While buying a touch screen interface do keep in mind that the visibility of the screen on an open road in the day time will be a major factor. Therefore do not finalize a product till the time you are able to see the product in a car in an open environment (road) or unless one of our Team BHP member has tried and recommended the product.
joy_o_hammer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:16   #28
BHPian

So ICE is some fancy music system in a car? Took me a long time to figure that. Why is it called ICE?

I thought it meant Internal Combustion Engine.
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:47   #29
Team-BHP Support

In Car Entertainment.
Old 24th February 2012, 00:15   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Currently, the non-Bluetooth Pioneer 1490 is apparently available in the market, but I'm not sure if I want to go for it.
The Pioneer AVH - P2490 BT is now available as well. It has BT and USB, basically all functions of a touchscreen DVD HU but a smaller screen (14.7 cm widescreen).

My accessories guy got a call from the company dealer that it's available for a price of 23,999/- (MRP I believe, CG price). I am trying to source it at DP or thereabouts.

Check in your area, buddy. You might find it at DP of around ~20-21K or thereabouts. Do check it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks