Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2012, 00:25   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which ICE for 2012 Honda City Corporate Edition (Budget: 40k)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
So ICE is some fancy music system in a car? Took me a long time to figure that. Why is it called ICE?

I thought it meant Internal Combustion Engine.
To add to what Naveen said, Internal-Combustion Engine is abbreviated to IC-Engines.

Here is a handy guide for you.
Old 24th February 2012, 02:03   #32
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Pioneer AVH - P2490 BT is now available as well. It has BT and USB, basically all functions of a touchscreen DVD HU but a smaller screen (14.7 cm widescreen).

My accessories guy got a call from the company dealer that it's available for a price of 23,999/- (MRP I believe, CG price). I am trying to source it at DP or thereabouts.

Check in your area, buddy. You might find it at DP of around ~20-21K or thereabouts. Do check it out.
I'll keep an eye out for it now. Earlier had my heart set on the 4490, but actually come to think of it, the 2490 has all the features I want (apart from detachable faceplate, which is something I'm beginning to realise is incredibly important in India). Now, it's a shootout between this or the JVC AVX series...whichever one I can get my hands on first wins. Will keep you updated.
PhX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 00:08   #33
BHPian

Hi PhX,

Another thing to note comparing JVC and Pioneer HUs. The Pioneer HUS have all QVGA resolution except the top model which has VGA. Whereas most of the newer JVC models have WVGA which is better. This relates to the crispness in text and menus onscreen and VGA/WVGA resolution screens look better than QVGA screens generally.

Cheers

Sunny
Old 5th March 2012, 01:01   #34
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster View Post
Hi PhX,

Another thing to note comparing JVC and Pioneer HUs. The Pioneer HUS have all QVGA resolution except the top model which has VGA. Whereas most of the newer JVC models have WVGA which is better. This relates to the crispness in text and menus onscreen and VGA/WVGA resolution screens look better than QVGA screens generally.

Cheers

Sunny
Sunny, thanks for sharing that info. As of right now, it's a straight up fight between whichever one I can get first, and right now, leading that particular race seems to be the JVC 846

I'll keep this thread updated. I am going to (hopefully) have everything done by the coming weekend.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:36   #35
BHPian

PhX,

How much are your getting the JVC 846 for and from where? Im interested since in my next car I shall be also looking into a JVC HU.

Thanks

Sunny
Old 5th March 2012, 14:32   #36
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster View Post
PhX,

How much are your getting the JVC 846 for and from where? Im interested since in my next car I shall be also looking into a JVC HU.

Thanks

Sunny
Haven't got it yet. If it works out, I'll send you a PM with some details

Wish me best of luck!
Old 5th March 2012, 14:43   #37
BHPian

PhX,

I wish you all the very best

Sunny
Old 17th March 2012, 13:29   #38
BHPian

I am getting JVC AX 846 for Rs. 21K with bill and two years warranty. I intend to install JVC In my Chevrolet Optra. I am not replacing the stock Blaupunkt speakers. Only the HU. I am also installing a Reverse camera - night vision (Rs. 900) and steering wheel adapter (Rs. 3500)
My requirement was of a 2 Din with detachable HU.
Is the quote given by the dealer good ?
Old 17th March 2012, 20:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

PhX - If you haven't sourced it already, looks like a fellow member Jay2009 is officially sourcing it from Mumbai as can be seen from his post below. You can try your luck to see if you can get the JVC 646/746 from this dealer too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Wish me best of luck!
I feel 21k for JVC AVX 846 is a pretty good deal, more so since it comes with 2 years manufacturer warranty. I dont think this HU was quoted any less elsewhere.

P.S - Better change your speakers too, to appreciate the change an good HU can make!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2009 View Post
I am getting JVC AX 846 for Rs. 21K with bill and two years warranty.
Old 18th March 2012, 09:47   #40
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2009 View Post
I am getting JVC AX 846 for Rs. 21K with bill and two years warranty. I intend to install JVC In my Chevrolet Optra. I am not replacing the stock Blaupunkt speakers. Only the HU. I am also installing a Reverse camera - night vision (Rs. 900) and steering wheel adapter (Rs. 3500)
My requirement was of a 2 Din with detachable HU.
Is the quote given by the dealer good ?
Dude, could you share from where you are sourcing it? I've been struggling to find it. For 21k with bill and warranty, it's an awesome deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
PhX - If you haven't sourced it already, looks like a fellow member Jay2009 is officially sourcing it from Mumbai as can be seen from his post below. You can try your luck to see if you can get the JVC 646/746 from this dealer too...

I feel 21k for JVC AVX 846 is a pretty good deal, more so since it comes with 2 years manufacturer warranty. I dont think this HU was quoted any less elsewhere.

P.S - Better change your speakers too, to appreciate the change an good HU can make!
Thanks Bala, will try to source with Jay's help.

Is there any particular ICE shop you recommend in Mumbai from where to get the installation done cleanly?
Old 18th March 2012, 12:22   #41
BHPian

Phx: The JVC 846 is available with Bhawani Auto Accessories at Sion. Before purchasing the HU, I had a word with our ICE guru Ramie. Ramie felt that the price was very attractive but the HU might be a grey market unit/repaired HU.

I checked with the dealer and asked him to show me the warranty card. He told me that JVC does not give warranty card and the Tax invoice is sufficient for warranty claims. The dealer made me speak to Mr. Puneet Thacker who is the distributer of JVC in Mumbai. Mr. Puneet informed me that from 2012, JVC is not giving the warranty card and only the Tax invoice mentioning the serial number will be treated as warranty for 2 years as it is in the case of cell phones. But I was not convinced.

I checked the box. The box did not have an MRP/Import date/address of Importer mentioned on it and most likely seemed a grey unit.

Meanwhile, I checked Pioneer AVH-P4490BT with another dealer. He quoted Rs. 21.5K with Tax invoice and two years warranty. P4490BT is from the new Pioneer 2012 line up. Had a word with Ramie. He advised to go with Pio.

Also, JVC 846 has been discontinued and replaced by AV70.

I installed Pio 4490BT keeping the stock Blaunpukt speakers. The music is sounding amazing and I am loving it
Old 14th May 2013, 16:50   #42
BHPian

2012 ANHC ICE. Advice please!

Hello team!

I am planning to upgrade the OEM ICE on my 2012 ANHC, the OEM speakers are of negligible quality. I am no audiophile, but I like good music and have a very decent (decent by t-bhp standards, extremely neat sounding for everybody else!) ICE in my Polo!

My Polo has a complete Focal set up.
Pioneer single DIN HU, Focal Polyglass 170v components, and Access 165 A1 co-axials, speakers are powered by the cult Focal Solid 4, and I am adding a Focal sub real soon!

So back to the City, as I have tried different products from Focal in most of my cars, because I like their sound signature, I want to try something different now.

First things first-
1. The car is driven by my sister, she will not let me change the HU as it looks good to her, don't want a CASKA, because it has a very OEM grade sound quality. So its better to save cash than spend 40k for no improvement at all. IMHO!

2. Again because the car will not be driven by me, I want good SQ, I don't want it to be loud, and I don't want to spend as much as I did on the Polo ICE.

3. I need advice on brands with a softer sound signature than Focal. My dealer (Bafna Car Accessories) can procure any brand I want at good prices.

4. Coming to the set-up, I basically need a set of 6.5 inch components for the front, for the rear- a set of co-axials of the same size and series as the front components, a 4 channel amplifier, preferably which takes speaker level inputs.

5. Budget for front components and rear co-axials is 15k. And 15k for the Amp too. Wiring, I know, would be around 4k, and installation is not an issue because my dealer hardly charges me for that!

6. I am also confused whether I should use an Amp that takes in speaker level inputs or use a hi level-to-low level converter. There are very good quality convertors available from almost all major brands now. Please help!

I was thinking of Ground Zero, but I heard that the importer just lost his contract! My ears are open to all brands north of JBL. Gurus please help! Thank you!
Old 7th June 2013, 18:40   #43

Brilliant thread
So I need to gift an ICE - The owner has a Corporate Edition -
Primary parameters - Cost Effective
- GPS - Must Have (with frequently updatable maps)
- Reversing Camera - Must Have
- Music via USB / SD Card / CD - Must Have
- Radio (Optional)
- Video (Optional)
Have locked down the HU (A Chinese no name one from Aliexpress and placed the order ) and Speakers (JBL) )

The end owner is not an audiophile and will be happy with average quality sound
I need guidance around the speaker sizes to purchase
I See from post 8 that 6.5" speakers fit on the front doors can that be confirmed
Also what size speakers will fit on the rear doors

So just to clarify - my dad (Am buying this for him) is not willing to cut / modify the door to get the speakers fitted - only standard fitting size required . He is in a different city so I need to ship the speakers to him - Suggestions from the Guru's here please

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2013 at 14:42. Reason: Merging back to back posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks