Team-BHP - Pioneer Amp....Help needed!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Pioneer Amp....Help needed!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/11442-pioneer-amp-help-needed.html)

hi, can somebody please guide me on the performance of Pioneer GM-D510M?? i am planning to go for this amp to power my 2 premier TS-W126Cs (12") along with sony XM222 to power my sony 6X9's.

Gunbir gave me some gud suggestions to improve the quality of bass in my set up and am definitely going to use those.

any inputs plz on this amp/set up.....my budget is app 15K

If u have a 15 k buget u can buy a alpine mrd-m1005 amp It is a good amp And double the power of pioneer 510 and cost is nearly 20k. As for performance pioneer is little distorted when he volume is increased but the alpine is clean and without any distortion. very good amp i have 2 of them in my car.

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2277199

I am assuming you aren't talking about the DVC version. In which case you should be ok with either amp.

The Pioneer 510 is a neat amp. And it's bloody cheap at about 13k for half a kilowatt of power. The Alpine is a beast, but it's going to leave you a lot poorer. Considering your choice of subs, stay with the Pioneer amp. I doubt you'll hear the difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
I am assuming you aren't talking about the DVC version. In which case you should be ok with either amp.

The Pioneer 510 is a neat amp. And it's bloody cheap at about 13k for half a kilowatt of power. The Alpine is a beast, but it's going to leave you a lot poorer. Considering your choice of subs, stay with the Pioneer amp. I doubt you'll hear the difference.

what B&T is saying is correct the alpine is a beast. I think in delhi u will get the 510 for 10.5k which is a good buy for a sub amp. But B&T i had the 510 for myself but the sound gets distorted at high voulme i wired each amp at 2ohms to two subs the sound was good when the volume was low but when i increased the sound volume the voice got distorted. rest as u r having 2 single voice coil sub they can be wired 2ohm and get max performance from both the amps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
But B&T i had the 510 for myself but the sound gets distorted at high voulme i wired each amp at 2ohms to two subs the sound was good when the volume was low but when i increased the sound volume the voice got distorted.

I hope you mean the 'sound got distorted'. The only time you hear voices from a sub is when a sub's reconed and the old cone's spirit is still haunting the basket and magnet structure.

You must have had the gain turned up too much, or something else that I cannot grab with so little information. It's not as good as the Alpine but the compact black package sure delivers what it promises.

i tried to say that the amp could not go low. Or in other words the gain was in the middle position and the lpf was first set at 240 hz and i started the song then It sounded very punchy and bad . like i was driving the amp to much then i reduced the lpf to nearly 1/4 the lower setting towards the 40 hz mark then the sound was much better than earlier. while testing the box was sealed so no tuning of the box was required.

thanx everyone....

10.5K for 510 in Delhi.....? guess u r mistaken, its close to 13.5K
BTW, if u have any specific shop in delhi for that, plz lemme know.

LBM: were u satisfied with the bass output? i mean i'm looking for SQL. wd 510 suffice?

any other suggestions? i hope i dont have to replace my alternator....(i'll be using 0.5 F audiobahn capacitor (already have)); i intend to use it in my TATA Indica 2001 DLS V2

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345
thanx everyone....

10.5K for 510 in Delhi.....? guess u r mistaken, its close to 13.5K
BTW, if u have any specific shop in delhi for that, plz lemme know.

LBM: were u satisfied with the bass output? i mean i'm looking for SQL. wd 510 suffice?

any other suggestions? i hope i dont have to replace my alternator....(i'll be using 0.5 F audiobahn capacitor (already have)); i intend to use it in my TATA Indica 2001 DLS V2

What do u mean by BTW ??? And yes i got it for 10.5k from kb.and for sq i would not recommend 510. for ur altenater how much load do u have after that u can check for alternater upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
What do u mean by BTW ???

BTW = "by the way"

BTW abbreviation for By The Way :)

i'm sorry, i meant SPL rather than SQ....I'm not going in for alpine 'cauz i think it'll terribly overload my alternator, pioneer 510 coupled with XM222 shd NOT be a problem....any intellectual inputs on this?
LBM: BTW-By the Way and secondly, were u satisfied with bass o/put (SPL)??
one thing more, how much a ported box for these 2 subs wd cost? 1.25 cu ft app.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345
i'm sorry, i meant SPL rather than SQ....I'm not going in for alpine 'cauz i think it'll terribly overload my alternator, pioneer 510 coupled with XM222 shd NOT be a problem....any intellectual inputs on this?
LBM: BTW-By the Way and secondly, were u satisfied with bass o/put (SPL)??
one thing more, how much a ported box for these 2 subs wd cost? 1.25 cu ft app.

If u want SPL u must go for alpine it will not load ur car system because I am using two of these. Also u have indica it has a bigger battery than swift so there will be no problem for the car.
And for bass ouput I WAS NOT SATISFIED FROM THE AMP THATS WHY I UPGRADED THE AMP WITH ALPINE.

Both of the amplifiers are good...there is not much difference when it comes to Class D amplifiers. The price difference in the two amplifiers is pretty steep. And there are lot of better options at 20K than Alpine.

Its all about tuning the amps and the system, 510 can sound amazing without any distortion and clipping.

You do not need to upgrade the alternator. Just go to a good installer to get the system installed.

LBM in case of your pioneer amps you set the LPF either way to high at 240Hz and way to low at 40Hz...ideally it should be from 60-90Hz wherever it sounds the best and if you have LPF on the HU set the LPF on the amp to pass. Use only one at a time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autophile
LBM in case of your pioneer amps you set the LPF either way to high at 240Hz and way to low at 40Hz...ideally it should be from 60-90Hz wherever it sounds the best and if you have LPF on the HU set the LPF on the amp to pass. Use only one at a time.

I think I had adjusted the amp in as many setting as possible but the sound was not right. I am listening to a woofer since last 15 year I think I can tell that a sub is sounding ok or not. And I mean at low voulme the 510 is a very good amp but as u increase the output there is certain sound which feel like some this is not right in the bass as if the woofer . Also I set the LPF on the amp to middle of the freq knob and the gain to the middle and from the head unit LPF to 125hz so that all the freq goes to the amp without being filtered. and further adjusted the freq from the amp where it sounded right.

One more thing I earlier I had pioneer 944 (75x4 , 250x2)it might be not a such i good amp but i like it. I used to drive two 1241 pioneer woofer with them they sounded very good But with 510 i did not got satisfied. I bought the 510 amp and sold it in 10 days of purchase. Rest it is up to u which amp to buy It is your hard own money.

Autophile Sir what are the other options for an amp (other than alpine) for 20k for bass as i need some more amp for my other car

LBM: so u suggest me to go in for 944 instead of 510?
Autophile: can u plz elaborate on getting it properly installed....am REALLY looking for some good installers in delhi, all i know are roadside car accessories walas....