Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2006, 18:35   #16
BHPian

congrates XT,u met a best person in delhi.

it was perfect case of such a good system have been messed up by not so intelligent installer.
Old 21st March 2006, 18:49   #17
BHPian

Today being a delhi bandh, all the shops were closed. But we (Gunbir, Jasdeep and I) met up at Moti Bagh and from there on, i could feel that my problems were solved. I got to know about each and every detail that a good system should entail, and everything that it shouldn't. I even listened to gunbir's Getz and the sound to say the least, was TERRIFIC. Even with all the gizmos on my ride, it came nowhere in comparison. And for the mature audience, it will be bliss. To say the least, Gunbir and Jasdeep (Autophile) were just amazing.

There were a few details that they provided very accurately that completely shook me:

a> The dealer (can I name him, I want to?) had done a very, very shoddy job.
My Opinion - It was pretty obvious, and I was paying the price for that.

b> The dealer had overpriced me for a couple of items.
My Opinion - The dealer has a lot of explaining to do tomorrow.

c> The dealer had sold me a [[ second-hand Pioneer 8650 ]].
My Opinion - ***. The dealer DEFINATELY has a lot of explaining to do tomorrow.

I am just waiting for tomorrow to arrive so I can just head on over and look at his face when he is at a complete loss for words. Man, I am so pissed off.

I am going in for a number of changes not everything has been finalised. But once the system is in place and I am eternally satisfied ( I know i will be now ), withmy car in the hands of such professionals and not some roadside vendor looking to make a quick buck. I'll post up the pics and give a detailed report about everything.
Could i please name the dealer so that other folks in delhi wont be taken in by him and we can all beware?

All i can do in the meantime is to keep my fingers crossed, (i dont think i need to now) and wait for the final outcome. Thak you all for all the support you have given me Navin, revhard, aza, anshuman, prince85, bass&trouble and hotchillipepper. Looking forward for your continued support and insight.

Last edited by Xtreme Torque : 21st March 2006 at 19:08.
Old 22nd March 2006, 10:21   #18
Team-BHP Support

Geez. XT. what I would do is give the dealer one chance to make amends and if not feel free to post his name and address on this thread along with details of all the wrong you feel he did.
Old 22nd March 2006, 13:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

XT...

In India, 99% installers do a shoddy job, and 90% overprice the products. While these are the facts of the industry, and may be something you may consider talking out with him, selling you a used HU (at least a year old at that) for the price of a brand new one is NOT acceptable .

Even if you resolve things with him, I suggest you DO post all the details here so that others will not be duped by such people. These guys give installers a bad name. Many a time we have seen good customers being overly suspecting and critical of good, honest installers. That is because of guys like your installer.

Moreover, you were fortunate enough to notice that he had cheated you. Others may not have such opportunities. I dont see why you shouldnt warn others.
Old 22nd March 2006, 13:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for pix; Dealers face! after you have a 'chat' with him regarding your HU.
Old 22nd March 2006, 14:52   #21
Team-BHP Support

Atleast post a list of all the step one can take so that they are not duped. It's been such a long time that I have asked a audio dealer for advice i forget the pitfalls.
Old 22nd March 2006, 18:45   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi XT,

It is up to you to post the dealers name here or not. However i request you to PM me the dealers name right away.
Thanks
Old 22nd March 2006, 20:07   #23
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Hey XT

Pm me the dealers name too i'll visit him and bug his life to death lol come on 1yr old headunit DAMN !! Lets just go outside his shop and announce it on my PA system that THIS DEALER is a CHEAT !!!
lol

aargh !!
Old 22nd March 2006, 22:57   #24
BHPian

the name of the dealer is:
Elegant Car Accessories
B-38, Lajpat Nagar,
Part - 2
New Delhi.

The person I had interacted with was Ravi Chopra, a salesman, and quite a dicey one at that . I went over to the shop today at approx. 4:30 pm today. And went straight to the basement where I found him talking to some customers, telling then that the some Sony Headunit for approx. Rs. 7150 was way better than an Alpine double that price. I just butted straight in and asked him in a slightly loud voice why he had sold me a second hand system.........
Old 22nd March 2006, 23:01   #25
Team-BHP Support

Geez. Elegant. Sam do you see this!

XT what happened. Hope you did not hit anyone.
Old 22nd March 2006, 23:12   #26
aZa
Senior - BHPian

XT ... Continue talking what happenned next ?

refund ?

Newer system ?
Old 22nd March 2006, 23:14   #27
BHPian

the look on his face was so memorable, i wish i could have captured it on my cam. All the customers stopped talking and ravi was like, no ways we can sell you a second hand system and all that stuff. I told him to come over to my car and have a look. He immediately excused himself and came up to my car. After seeing the system and showing him the telltale marks and everthing that Gunbir had shown me (thanks man), he immediately agreed to change the face. I said nothing doing, and that I wanted the entire head unit to be changed, as I no longer had trust in him. When you go to the shop and climb up the steps, on the right hand side, you will see a small glass room with various Pioneer units for display. I was shocked to see that for the Pioneer 8650 model, the face was missing and there was only the unit there. It didn't take me long to figure out where it's face had gone.
After that, I took him along to my car again to see the JBL wires (i believe he overcharged me for then by approx. Rs.1000. Sam, could you please confirm, I paid Rs.3500 for the wire, i dont think its for more than Rs.2200). They were in a bad shape and a lot of cutting and splicing was done, there should have been none at all. Immediately, he agreed to change then as well.
So tomorrow, we I will be going to his shop to get the new Pioneer 8650(they weren't in stock today) and new JBL wires. I'll be changing the rest of my setup and if the gurus want, i will pm them the would be setup on my car.
Aza, i wish we could really carry out your suggestion (can we please?)
Will update again on the entire proceedings and any more problems that i faced, if any. But i believe that everything would take place smoothly...... as everything was sorted out today.
Old 22nd March 2006, 23:18   #28
BHPian

No navin, i didn't hit anyone. Though i was in a very good mood to do so. You cannot expect anything out of these guys, but in the very least, you should get what you pay for. And that was what pissesd me off completely. I spoke in a very polite, though firm tone. And i believe he got the underlying meaning.
Old 22nd March 2006, 23:20   #29
BHPian

No aza, ravi immediately spoke to his boss and told me that a refund wasnt possible. But i could very well get a new system tomorrow itself. I even got his cellphone number. If anyone wants, i can post it up too.
Old 22nd March 2006, 23:27   #30
Team-BHP Support

XT PM Sam. in case he does not log in. He may only log on Monday I think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks