Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2006, 23:47   #31
BHPian

sure thing navin. I already did.
Old 22nd March 2006, 23:50   #32
BHPian

and yeah, I did ask the guy why he was telling that particular sony system to being better than Alpine and he was like, "That was the customers budget, and he needed some convincing to help him choose the Sony, else he wouldn't have taken it." Man, i could only smirk at the methods that are employed to shortchange the unsuspecting prospective buyers.
Old 22nd March 2006, 23:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

JBL amp kit cost 2990Rs mrp.
Old 23rd March 2006, 00:22   #34
BHPian

wow man, so i got shortchanged be atleast Rs. 500. And guess what, the dealer was ready to make the bill for Rs.3500 too. How do we explain this?
Old 23rd March 2006, 08:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Torque
wow man, so i got shortchanged be atleast Rs. 500. And guess what, the dealer was ready to make the bill for Rs.3500 too. How do we explain this?
consumer court. You have the bill right?
Old 23rd March 2006, 11:32   #36
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I'm gonna check this shop out today ... gonna tell "dude u sold my friend a second hand unit !!!!" lol

Some ppl na ... uff
Old 23rd March 2006, 12:54   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey XT,
It's sad that you got treated this way at the store. However this is honestly the first time i have heard any complaint about elegant and I'm gonna ask the right person to chat them up. I suggest that you first try and get out all you can smoothly and cordially from them.

For all people buying any JBL product i recomend the following.

1) Ask to see the boxed product before you fit it. This way you can be assured you get brand new and original. And not something removed from somebody elses car.

2) Look for two stickers on the box: One saying "It's Official" in colour, sticker size about 3 inches by 4 inches.
The other, more important- is a white sticker about 2 inches by 3 inches, with black priniting on it. It will say the following: Imported by Sahil International, Date of Import etc etc and MRP including all taxes. If this sticker is missing, alarm bells should ring, somebody is trying to make a quick buck off you. ALL the products have this sticker.

3) Insist on a BILL. Refuse to pay till you see the bill first.

4) Get Your JBL India warranty card stamped and keep it carefully with the bill.

India is a funny place with a lot of unfair business practices. Its hard to clean up AFTER the damage is done.It's your money and i suggest you spend it wisely and carefully. Salvage is never a good idea, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth and spoils the pleasure of your purchase.

I am here. Available to all of you at TBHP and I can help you. Take advantage of this fact, not many people can.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 23rd March 2006 at 12:55.
Old 23rd March 2006, 14:09   #38
Team-BHP Support

I can vouch for Sam. His name somehow helps if you are buying Alpine and Blaupunkt. I dont know how he does this but his name is magic at many dealers in India. I would PM him before using it too liberally though.
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:13   #39
BHPian

thanks aza, sam and navin. Will be going to the dealer in about an hours time. Hope everything turns out well. Will keep all of you updted on everthing that takes place.
Old 23rd March 2006, 17:26   #40
BHPian

i have to add my bit here

The whole story reminds me of my experience with
Elegance accessories
Lajpat Nagar

i think its worth mentioning here

i planned my instalation in two phases(thankfully)

first phase(Elegance )
i bought Alpine Hu-9843 for 9k (mrp is 9k ....but still he overcharged me some 500-600)
Then he somehow convinced me that the cheapest Alpine coaxials Spe series are better of then JBL components ,damn that time i knew nothing about effect of an Amplifier and Imaging fundas(my fault ...didnt do my homework...........koi baat nahi).

he sold those speakers to me for guess what...............?

3000 bucks ...........man he quoted 3.3 k....some how i got him down to 3 k .............and later i found out he charged me some 700-800 extra on them too.

to total mila ke 1300 odd ka chunna lagaya Elegance ne mujhe.
And i can't describe the way his guys installed the setup ...... ....they simply butchered their way to it.............horrible .

Phase 2.
got in touch with gunbir...........and then it was all bliss
got myself a
An alpine f-240
Hertz energy series sub
audison rca kit

and after gettin my second installs done.............i knew the difference.

So i guess all of us gettin our installs done from wherever should put the Review of the dealer if possible,kind of black listing should be done.

Last edited by speedofreak : 23rd March 2006 at 17:31.
Old 23rd March 2006, 22:02   #41
BHPian

[SIZE=2]Finally, I have completed my business with Elegant, once and for all. I'll put up the entire thing in a short while along with a BIG surprise. Only then will you know the methods and tactics used by Elegant, in black and white. [/SIZE]
Old 23rd March 2006, 23:22   #42
BHPian

Hi, before I begin, I am posting the scanned bills for all to see the blatant cheating which goes on in Elegant, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi.
Old 23rd March 2006, 23:30   #43
BHPian

This is the bill for the Alpine Amplifiers that I bought today :

All seeme to be in place with the amplifiers.

Now for the big surprise.......
The bill for the Infinity Component speakers and the JBL Wiring Kit :

Description follows..........
Old 23rd March 2006, 23:52   #44
BHPian

As far as I know, and this has been confirmed by Sam himself, the price of the JBL Wiring Kit is Rs.2990 MRP. In shoer, the dealer shortchanged me for about Rs.510 + Second Hand Pioneer 8650 + 1 Second Hand Bass Tube + Real Bad Quality Amp. Wires (the installer guy had been running the four channel amps. which ran the speakers using the JBL kit, while the MonoBlock amps were getting their power through a very, very thin wire, in turn running 2 Basstubes) + Overcharging me on a few other parts here and there. Doesn't seem like a very good deal for the money that I paid and the trust that I had, does it?
Yesterday I was told that the amps and the new Pioneer 8650 would be reaching the shop be 3 pm and that Ravi would immediately call me up latest by 3:15pm. Kept waiting for his call till 5:30 pm and then called him myself. After a couple f tries, he picked up the phone and told me to come till 6:30pm. I specifically told him not to open the seals of the amps and to keep the packaging of the Pioneer intact. I immediately left office and reached Lajpat Nagar by 6:15pm. Once there, I immediately went to talk to Ravi and he confirmed that the amps had reached but there was a shortage of the Pioneer 8650, but I could go in for the Pioneer 9650. Nothing doing, I said, as the Pionner 9650 does not have as big a displayas the 8650 and it's not too convinient to operate it. I told him flat to give my money back and i would procure it from somewhere else. Immediately, he made a couple of frantic calls and then told me that the set was indeed available and he would get it himself. But i went along with him to the next shop and confirmed that the set was indeed new. It even had a plastic covering on the diaplay area and was completely free from any dust or marks, on the body or inside the display.
More to continue in the next post........
Old 24th March 2006, 00:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Emm, its like a story... My Optra's ICE Story. :P

Now I wanna see Sam's face after seeing that bill copy. Phew, 6f 3inch Yeti smashing that seller 's face!

XT; ask mods to change your thread title to something else, that would attract similar tbhpian cases.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks