Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2012, 22:07   #16
BHPian

Re: New Pioneer Products Launched (Jan 2012)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I got my HU changed. Pioneer AVH-4490BT

Issue - It washes out in direct sunlight which is a big pain while reversing the car. And in daylight also the view is dark
An update (more like an FYI), this issue was due to the angle of the HU, which seems to be a problem with the mouldings available for civic. Being a TN panel the screen was getting blacked out a bit.
I researched a bit and found the solution in the manual only.

Initially I was trying to increase the brightness of the whole screen which was just not having the right effect.

It so happens that you can adjust the image being received from the camera.
One needs to go to picture adjustment, and select the touch button on the right upper corner and then you will be able to do the adjustments as needed.

To make it more convenient, change the rear view to on mode at the home page, and in the settings select camera polarity from battery to none.
Once done with the adjustments, change the camera polarity and rear view back they way they were.
Old 9th May 2012, 17:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:

Issue - It washes out in direct sunlight which is a big pain while reversing the car. And the angle of the moulding is not that brilliant, the HU angles more to the top so the wordings of the touch buttons at the home page cannot be seen from the drivers eat without moving the head forward.
I believe you must have tried this but just for the sake of one more try You can tilt the screen towards you and set the perfect angle till everything is clear to you.
Old 12th May 2012, 02:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
I believe you must have tried this but just for the sake of one more try You can tilt the screen towards you and set the perfect angle till everything is clear to you.
I talked to the dealer about that. He said that the issue is not the unit (though it is partially) but Civic's moulding which leave no room for tilting the screen for my comfort. I have tried 3 different mouldings, all with the same result.

He is very sure that there is no issue with any other car. I sort of trust him, so I guess I believe him.

I will be trying again soon, maybe even this weekend.
Old 9th June 2012, 14:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetham.hs View Post
Some pics of the new Pioneer AVH 4450BT installed on my Civic.
Quote:

Hey guys thanks for the pics. Im planning to buy the 4490BT for my i20. Wanted to know whether the bluetooth works well. Any issues that you have faced so far? Do the contacts transfer seemelessly?

I also heard about the 8490BT which seems like a good option for iphone users. Does it have any goodies for non iphone users like me to justify the cost difference?
Old 10th June 2012, 05:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_ View Post
Hey guys thanks for the pics. Im planning to buy the 4490BT for my i20. Wanted to know whether the bluetooth works well. Any issues that you have faced so far? Do the contacts transfer seemelessly?

I also heard about the 8490BT which seems like a good option for iphone users. Does it have any goodies for non iphone users like me to justify the cost difference?
Bluetooth is not an issue. The HU obviously doesn't keep a local copy of the numbers.
Personally I found the response if 4490 when running BT a bit dodgy, no such issue on 8490.
8490 has 2 USB ports, though you get only one cable, but the faceplate is detachable. The screen resolution is much better on 8490 vs 4490.
They hardly have any movie playing capabilities, so stay away in case you want that.
The cost difference between the 2 is not much, so I would go for 8490.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2012, 13:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
They hardly have any movie playing capabilities,
Can you elaborate a bit on that? They play mp4 and divx right?

Do you think a JVC would be a better option? Im looking at music quality, good bluetooth conectivity with contacts sync and one that plays a variety of video formats too.
Old 26th June 2012, 15:06   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Personally I found the response if 4490 when running BT a bit dodgy, no such issue on 8490.
8490 has 2 USB ports, though you get only one cable, but the faceplate is detachable. The screen resolution is much better on 8490 vs 4490.
They hardly have any movie playing capabilities, so stay away in case you want that.
The cost difference between the 2 is not much, so I would go for 8490.
Can you please advise on the following:
  • What's wrong with the movie playing capabilities on both? What alternatives do we have?
  • How about attaching a reverse camera with either of the device?
  • Best place to buy - There are dealers as well as other selling without b/w.
  • Any idea about the exact cost of the two - Actually I confirmed for 4490 and it varies from 22k - 27k with different dealers (Auth as well un-auth).
Cheers!
Irish
Old 8th July 2012, 04:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Can you please advise on the following:
  • What's wrong with the movie playing capabilities on both? What alternatives do we have?
  • How about attaching a reverse camera with either of the device?
  • Best place to buy - There are dealers as well as other selling without b/w.
  • Any idea about the exact cost of the two - Actually I confirmed for 4490 and it varies from 22k - 27k with different dealers (Auth as well un-auth).
Cheers!
Irish
Their movie playing capabilities are next to nothing, Only DivX IIRC.

Attaching a rear camera is not an issue at all with either unit.

Pioneer prices are pretty low, considering they give 2 years warranty, you would be better off buying a unit with bill and warranty.

4490 costs somewhere around 23k and 8490 costs around 28k.

Like I mentioned before, I would always go for 8490 after using the 2 units.

PS: Apologies for the very late reply. No internet access.
mjumrani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 20:43   #24
BHPian

Guys I recently bought an iPhone 5 and I am in a dilemma now when it comes to my HU.

To use app radio with Pioneer 8490BT I bought a propriety pioneer cable to connect my iPhone 4 and later 4S to it and it worked like a charm.

Now that I have upgraded to iPhone 5 that cable is useless and doesn't even work with apple original 30 Pin - lightning connector.

This removes an important feature out of my HU and I'm not aware of any propriety lightning cable that pioneer sells or of any other solution to make my iPhone run on app mode on the HU.

I'm really angry at pioneer for this. First there was apple changing its connectors for which I had to spend a lot of money to replace the cables. Now there is pioneer who doesn't have a solution to. This problem even after 6 months since launch of the iPhone 5.

Do you have any suggestions or insights on this?

Also the sister models of 8490 ie 8400 and 8450 (US & EU) have an update available on their regional websites but as always the Indian website of pioneer is near useless.
Should I go ahead and use the same update as the sister models?
If not is there someone you know whom I could contact? (The emails on the website are non responsive)
Old 3rd April 2013, 20:54   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now that I have upgraded to iPhone 5 that cable is useless and doesn't even work with apple original 30 Pin - lightning connector.
Why dont you buy the 30 pin to lightning adapter? Should solve the issue.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...30-pin-adapter
Old 3rd April 2013, 20:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Why dont you buy the 30 pin to lightning adapter? Should solve the issue.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...30-pin-adapter
That's what I have. It connect the iPhone in basic mode. App mode doesn't work
Old 3rd April 2013, 21:03   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's what I have. It connect the iPhone in basic mode. App mode doesn't work
Is it OE apple connector or a replica one bought elsewhere? Some of the aftermarket ones dont support all the functionalities.
Old 3rd April 2013, 21:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Is it OE apple connector or a replica one bought elsewhere? Some of the aftermarket ones dont support all the functionalities.
It's the original one. Bought from an apple store.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 15:57   #29
BHPian

Hey guys !! I am planning to buy the Pioneer 8490 BT for my i20 and own an iphone 5. I am sure that currently in the indian market, we donot have an app radio compatibility cord for the pioneer head units. Any idea what is the workaround ? if not, by when can we expect to have the cord to ensure that pioneer has the iphone 5 cord available in India ?
Old 15th June 2013, 02:07   #30
BHPian

Question: I recently purchased a Pioneer AVH X2590BT. Just curious if I need to purchase a separate cable that activate teh App Radio. What is the cable that is provided with the unit.

When I connect the iPhone to the unit, and click on the App radio, it shows a blank screen. Do I need a different cable to be purchased separately?

Quote:
Guys I recently bought an iPhone 5 and I am in a dilemma now when it comes to my HU.

To use app radio with Pioneer 8490BT I bought a propriety pioneer cable to connect my iPhone 4 and later 4S to it and it worked like a charm.

This removes an important feature out of my HU and I'm not aware of any propriety lightning cable that pioneer sells or of any other solution to make my iPhone run on app mode on the HU.

I'm really angry at pioneer for this. First there was apple changing its connectors for which I had to spend a lot of money to replace the cables. Now there is pioneer who doesn't have a solution to. This problem even after 6 months since launch of the iPhone 5.

Do you have any suggestions or insights on this?

Also the sister models of 8490 ie 8400 and 8450 (US & EU) have an update available on their regional websites but as always the Indian website of pioneer is near useless.
Should I go ahead and use the same update as the sister models?
If not is there someone you know whom I could contact? (The emails on the website are non responsive)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks