Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2013, 08:42   #31
BHPian

Yes you do need to purchase a separate cable
Old 26th June 2013, 14:33   #32
BHPian

Re: New Pioneer Products Launched (Jan 2012)

Dear Bhpians,

I am thinking of upgrading my stock ICE to Pioneer AVH-X8590BT , this one apparently has all the issues ironed out with respect to the IPhone 5 compatibility as well as the movie playing abilities (now plays DivX, MPEG-4, WMV , H.264).

Is anyone using this on the Forum or can the Guru's throw some light !
Old 1st August 2013, 13:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Dear Bhpians,

I am thinking of upgrading my stock ICE to Pioneer AVH-X8590BT , this one apparently has all the issues ironed out with respect to the IPhone 5 compatibility as well as the movie playing abilities (now plays DivX, MPEG-4, WMV , H.264).

Is anyone using this on the Forum or can the Guru's throw some light !
Hi,
Looks like you've already upgraded your ICE set up in your Ertiga! Can you feed me with the details! Was looking a the OEM Windows CE6.0 touch screen system that's standard in the current Ertiga Indonesia, but the importer has suddenly gone missing(may be its the Dollar prices )!

Please fill me on the setup-installation and cost factors!

Cheers!
Old 2nd October 2013, 22:09   #34
BHPian

Hi,

I am currently planning to get a double din head unit for my car. I have shortlisted two pioneer units - AVH-X2590BT and AVH-X5590BT.

The AVH-X2590BT has a pre out voltage of 2V and the AVH-X5590BT has a pre out voltage of 4V.

I plan to run my speakers through an amplifier.

Will there be be a difference in sound quality between the two based on the pre out voltages?

As far as I know, I would just set the amp gains at a higher level for the head unit with a lower pre out voltage.

Please let me know what you guys think.
Old 20th November 2013, 19:01   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
Hi,

I am currently planning to get a double din head unit for my car. I have shortlisted two pioneer units - AVH-X2590BT and AVH-X5590BT.

The AVH-X2590BT has a pre out voltage of 2V and the AVH-X5590BT has a pre out voltage of 4V.

I plan to run my speakers through an amplifier.

Will there be be a difference in sound quality between the two based on the pre out voltages?

As far as I know, I would just set the amp gains at a higher level for the head unit with a lower pre out voltage.

Please let me know what you guys think.
Recently I installed AVH X2590BT which connects to 4 channel Amp JBL GT-X646 runs 2 Infinity reference compo and 2 ovals. The gain level is set to 25% in Amp and the volume level in system goes to 20-25 (which goes beyond 40 if I am not wrong), that is maximum I can put in my Ritz, beyond that no listening pleasure. So I guess unless one opt for all audiophile quality components (compo, amp, sub etc) which needs higher output, 2590 should be sufficient for an normal install. But then if you want 7" screen instead of 6.2", you have to choose 5590.

By the way, while installing the stereo, I saw 2014 models, AVH X1690 already available in market (not grey). So hope in the same line 2690, 4690, 5690 or similar to come out soon. 1690 is priced same as 1590. Only difference I saw, apart from a latest manufacturing date, was added support of Mirror-Link for Android smartphones.
Old 22nd November 2013, 01:50   #36
BHPian

I wanted to get a sat nav. for a friend's brio. Is a satnav with HU advisable?
I think the pioneer has a model for the same on the higher end?
Old 22nd November 2013, 09:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
I wanted to get a sat nav. for a friend's brio. Is a satnav with HU advisable?
I think the pioneer has a model for the same on the higher end?
Utsav, The pioneer high end units (touchscreen dvd players) all have an a/v feature (by pressing the Mode button on the HU) with which you can switch to a satnav's display,
Check for satnav compatibility before you buy.
For example my MMI BX-200 box was confirmed to be compatible with my Pioneer AVH-X8490BT by the dealer - in fact he showed me they were working together in his shop, before I put the money down.

There are integrated satnav players in the market- some of them from brands such as caska, others are relabeled chinese products (e.g. MMI). A word of advise - don't go for these. In the long run, the serviceability of such units is in doubt.

Last edited by joybhowmik : 22nd November 2013 at 09:41. Reason: Added info on other products
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 08:29   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Guys I recently bought an iPhone 5 and I am in a dilemma now when it comes to my HU.

To use app radio with Pioneer 8490BT I bought a propriety pioneer cable to connect my iPhone 4 and later 4S to it and it worked like a charm.

Now that I have upgraded to iPhone 5 that cable is useless and doesn't even work with apple original 30 Pin - lightning connector.

This removes an important feature out of my HU and I'm not aware of any propriety lightning cable that pioneer sells or of any other solution to make my iPhone run on app mode on the HU.

I'm really angry at pioneer for this. First there was apple changing its connectors for which I had to spend a lot of money to replace the cables. Now there is pioneer who doesn't have a solution to. This problem even after 6 months since launch of the iPhone 5.

Do you have any suggestions or insights on this?

Also the sister models of 8490 ie 8400 and 8450 (US & EU) have an update available on their regional websites but as always the Indian website of pioneer is near useless.
Should I go ahead and use the same update as the sister models?
If not is there someone you know whom I could contact? (The emails on the website are non responsive)
Hi, Did you get a solution to this problem ? I have recently got a used car that has pioneer 8490bt and I want to connect my iphone 5s to it. You speak about proprietary pioneer cable and then of apple lightening cable. Did any of the solution work ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks