Team-BHP - What ICE & @ What Price
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   What ICE & @ What Price (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/11517-what-ice-what-price-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfinstein
and also got an Auto Cop Gear Lock for 1200

What is Gear Lock ??
And Enjoy The Sound..

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

its a device thats rivetted to the base of your car and has a U type or Pin Type Metal attachment which is locked with the Gear Engaged so that no one can steal your ride, unless he spends 3- 4 hours with a Gas Weld to un-rivet the attachment...! The Keys are now laser made-so its quite difficult to make them immediately...Something which published on some british site that it takes 10 min for a gear lock to be removed or similar...I think its quite some time before our Indian Chor goes Hi-Tech...!

I also wanted to ask the ICE gurus that its printed on my HU- 52 x 4 w..So it means that 208 Watts Will be supported or generated- The Pio's I have are 280 Watts each...! So If I add another 2 way 4" speaker into the In-Dash will it work..!

I'm enjoying the sound very much...!

wolfinstein,

Thanks For The Info..

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfinstein
I also wanted to ask the ICE gurus that its printed on my HU- 52 x 4 w..So it means that 208 Watts Will be supported or generated- The Pio's I have are 280 Watts each...! So If I add another 2 way 4" speaker into the In-Dash will it work..!

I'm enjoying the sound very much...!

Wolf..

I aint no Guru.. but they will be along presently to correct me in case I am wrong!

The 52 x 4 Watts claimed is the PEAK music power output.. the CONTINUOUS power is more likely to be in the range of around 16-20 watts RMS...

GURUS!!

hey wolf! congrats man! kb is correct, it ranges between 14-22 W RMS. so just dont worry, the VFM is fine.

but i have a serious concern here, where is my party BTW?

i THINK i GOTTA STOP READING STUFF ON THIS FORUM OR IM GONA GET VERY VERY BROKE.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk456
i THINK i GOTTA STOP READING STUFF ON THIS FORUM OR IM GONA GET VERY VERY BROKE.....

no,never... ask KB lol:

i THINK IM GONNA TRANSFER ALL MY MONEY IN THE BANK INTO A 5 YEAR LOCK IN INVESTMENT SCHEME....B4 I GO CRAZY AT THE ATM.... WHY DID PPL INVENT THE ATM???? OR DID GOD DO IT IN HIS INFINITE WISDOM...OR DID A BHPIAN COEM UP WITH THE IDEA....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb100
Wolf..

I aint no Guru.. but they will be along presently to correct me in case I am wrong!

The 52 x 4 Watts claimed is the PEAK music power output.. the CONTINUOUS power is more likely to be in the range of around 16-20 watts RMS...

GURUS!!

Me neither, but I have a feeling you're right about that. :)

And I have a strong feeling you're on the right path to be rechristened Guru KB. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
And I have a strong feeling you're on the right path to be rechristened Guru KB. :)

rl:I agree...............

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
rl:I agree...............

LBM, actually you too. I am amazed by your dedication to the cause of car audio and this forum. You ain't a long way either, plus or minus a few chickens. :)

Quote:

LBM, actually you too. I am amazed by your dedication to the cause of car audio and this forum. You ain't a long way either, plus or minus a few chickens. :)

lol: 110% agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

agree: 1000% ... I have a long way to go BEFORE I reach LBM's level of knowledge... His passion is sometimes my inspiration!

LBM see not everyone likes to pull your leg all the time!!!rl:

1. Car

2004 Maruti Suzuki ALTO LX (Bought it from my Bro-in-law for few a penny)

2. what is your existing setup (HEADUNITS, SPEAKERS, AMPS, DSP,SW etc.)

Head Unit -- ALPINE 9835 MP3 CD player and Alpine DVA-5210 DVD player

Front Stage -- BLAUPUNKT VELOCITY 130.1 Components

Rear Fill -- ALPINE SPA170 6" Co-axials....... xo at 80Hz

Sub -- BLAUPUNKT VELOCITY VXB12 REFERENCE SUBWOOFER

Amp1 -- BLAUPUNKT MPA4 4CHANNEL AMPLIFIER http://www.blaupunkt.com.sg/download/en-GB_MPA4oi.pdf

Amp2 -- ALPINE MRD-M605 V12DIGITAL CLASS D MONOBLOCK AMPILFIER

Power Cables -- AMERICAN. No stiffening caps

Interconnects -- MONSTER CABLE

Speaker Cables -- AMERICAN.

LCD -- 2 Sony 6.2" wide screen monitors mounted in headrests. (Work in Progress)

3. How much did it cost ?

hmm... Upgraded from a Rs. 8500 Pioneer system and ended up with stuff worth 1.9 Lacs.

4.How serious were your about your system?

My first install was when I was 13... installed a pair of speakers and a clarion HU on my family OMNI myself (First, I got it removed from our TATA estate with the help of a Service man). Later I lost interest in ICE and after 13 years, I got crazy again. And the above is the result.

5. which kind of music do you listen to ??

Almost.. Everything from Classicals to Rap. I like more of Arabian, Turkish, native african, Hindi-Pop, Country, Remixes (Good quality ones as GunbirJi said) and AR Rahman.

6. would you recommend it to others???

Well not yet sure... OK.. yeah...

7. Place where the setup was done

The one and only Zuhemi. Emperor, Cochin.

8. Future upgrade plans:

ALPINE PXA-H701 Processor

ALPINE Amplink KCE-511M and KWE-601M connectors

ALPINE MRV-F345 4 channel amp

ALPINE TYPE X 12" Subwoofer in a sealed enclosure