Team-BHP - 26k Budget, Help me configure a Santro Xing :)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   26k Budget, Help me configure a Santro Xing :) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/11564-26k-budget-help-me-configure-santro-xing.html)

Hi all

Was talking to someone in college today who mentioned he was planning on Icing his santro... has a budget of 25k and suddenly there was this gleam in my eyes. Hehe. Anyway I know how much all of you here like to spend others money ;] so I thought to myself why not offer services of the countrys finest to someone in need of assistance :)
So yes he needs an entire setup (HU, front, rear, amp, sub).

He has decided that he wants 6"x9" at the back.I think I have decided that he wants a 1200GTO JBL sub, LOL.

The rest is upto you guys.......... Lets get this party started !!!

Thanks.
p.s : Feel free to modify the config (ie : no sub, no compos etc)

Hmm, 35 hits on this thread but not a single reply.
Looks like I will have to kickstart things around here.

Off the top off my head :

HU : Pioneer 5850 or 6850 (9k)
Front Stage : JBL 426e (2.5k)
Rear Stage fill : JBL GTO926/936 (approx 5k?)
Subwoofer : JBL GTO1000 (6.5k)
or Pioneer DVC 1000wt (4.5k)
Amp : Sony 504 (5k)
Wiring : Twister (2k)

Thats 9k+2.5K+5k+6.5k+5k+2k = 30k !!
Or with the Pioneer sub = 28.5 k

I have a feeling he might spring a request for a free-air sub instead of a boxed enclosure. In that case I will need your help recommending the specific model#'s of free air subwoofers.

p.s : If someone can come up with a decent solution closer to the original budget(26k) it would be much appreciated.

There is also a replacement for the 504, Im told a 544 or 554 model. Any specs/reviews

You gonna use a GTO tube or box?

Pio DVC needs a nice box.

And how you gonna drive the sub and speakers using the 504?

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah
Hmm, 35 hits on this thread but not a single reply.
Looks like I will have to kickstart things around here.

Off the top off my head :

HU : Pioneer 5850 or 6850 (9k)
Front Stage : JBL 426e (2.5k)
Rear Stage fill : JBL GTO926/936 (approx 5k?)
Subwoofer : JBL GTO1000 (6.5k)
or Pioneer DVC 1000wt (4.5k)
Amp : Sony 504 (5k)
Wiring : Twister (2k)

Thats 9k+2.5K+5k+6.5k+5k+2k = 30k !!
Or with the Pioneer sub = 28.5 k

I have a feeling he might spring a request for a free-air sub instead of a boxed enclosure. In that case I will need your help recommending the specific model#'s of free air subwoofers.

p.s : If someone can come up with a decent solution closer to the original budget(26k) it would be much appreciated.

1.Spend more for front component speakers than rear.
2.Its better to have HU with 3pairs of RCA outs.
3.If going for free air subw,its better to have rear coaxials in doors.

If he goes for front components, where will he place the tweeters? He will have to stick the tweets to the dash or cut the dash itself. Santro gives 4 inch pods for the front.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
If he goes for front components, where will he place the tweeters? He will have to stick the tweets to the dash or cut the dash itself. Santro gives 4 inch pods for the front.

Actually I think they will fit the tweeters upfront on the screen, just like in Rudra's car. Sounds pretty good.

And Souljah, the answer to your PM is , yes ofcourse he will help you. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
You gonna use a GTO tube or box?
Pio DVC needs a nice box.
And how you gonna drive the sub and speakers using the 504?

Iv hear dthe boxes in a few cars and came away unimpressed compared to boxed subs. Its individual choice I guess but my recommendation is a boxed GTO1000 or DVC based on budgeting. Will look up a custom enlocsure for the DVC on crutchfield.

Regarding the AMP i was disappointed from the start but I have no other go as I have allready stretched this guys budget by 3k!!! How will driving the front comps & sub off the 504 be for soundstage ? Will the rear be lacking ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsjaurr
1.Spend more for front component speakers than rear.
2.Its better to have HU with 3pairs of RCA outs.
3.If going for free air subw,its better to have rear coaxials in doors.

What comps are you recommending ? Pion4850/5850 both come with 3 outputs or am i mistaken ? Please point me out to budget HU with 3 RCA outputs. Will make not of rear-coaxials in case we go for free-air.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekphadnis

My tweeters are mounted on the top of my windshield, but I read another thread were fixing the tweeters in the corners of the dash, facing opposite directions would create a nice sound stage. But Sam has also commented on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Actually I think they will fit the tweeters upfront on the screen, just like in Rudra's car. Sounds pretty good.

And Souljah, the answer to your PM is , yes ofcourse he will help you. :)

Thanks bruva !!!

Quote:

Iv heard the boxes in a few cars and came away unimpressed compared to boxed subs.

I meant I heard the tubes in a couple of friends cars (lancer/zen) and came away unimpressed.

Im trying to come up with an alternate config for 28k (remainign for wiring).......... Come one members, HELP !

Quote:

I meant I heard the tubes in a couple of friends cars (lancer/zen) and came away unimpressed.

Boxes are always better than tubes, for the same sub, and assuming you have the same internal volume and port dimensions.

Your prices are way way costly dude. In Delhi the Sony 504 comes at 3.5 k the last I checked 6 months back, in Bangy, I had got a qoute for 3.8k in one days window shopping. The pioneer 6850 comes at 7k. Also, no point going for Pioneer DVC 306 sub, as its stable at 8 ohms. You should rather go in for Pioneer 306 SVC which runs of 300 watt RMS at 4 ohms. So since you are on a budget, you would be able to drive the sub better with an underpowered amp.
The Pioneer sub retails at 2.75 k, a good MDF enclosure will cost around 1k. I suggest going for components in the front, listen to all brands, JBL, Soundstream, BA, etc. I personally have JBL in my car, great clarity, but a little more treble to my likes, BA and other brands suite my taste a lil better. But I wont hesitate to recommend JBL, as Sam would always be here to provide you support if you do choose them. In the rear, I guess JBL GTO 936 should be good enough.
The amp you have choosen, Sony 504, gives no punch. There are better amps available out there, Sony SD series and Pioneer 6100 are good amps. You could use the two channels to power the components, and other two channels to power the sub. Components for Santro in front would require your freind to do some customization, as Santro has only 4 inches in front. However I have seen many freinds fit in 5 inch components after mods. Good luck!

Ok

HU with 3 RCA = 7K
Front 4" (JBL / PIO) = 2.5K
Rear COAX (PIO 6991 yellow) = 3.5K
2x 306 DVC = 2x 3.5K = 7K
2x JVC 3500 AMP = 2x 3.3K = 6.6K
TS20 = 1.8K
BOX = 800Rs
Local wiring = 1 or 2K

After discounts it shud be 30K roughly !

there u go Sasta aur tikau jugaad!

With low to medium budget,i highly recommend to leave room for upgradation later.Instead of trying to buy everything within 30k,i wud recommend this..........

1.Buy any HU with 3 pair RCA outs as i wrote earlier.spend around 7-8k

2.Buy high end front compo,even if u have to modify it a bit.Try to go for biggest size,ur car's doors can take like 5 1/4".Placing tweeters should not a big problem for good installer.I would recommend that u buy only front compo now for atleast 8k and buy rear coaxial later.try infinty,hertz,Boston,JBL,Polk

3.Buy a good 4-ch amp for 7-8k like JBL,Pio6100 or blau.Infact i would prefer that u buy sony 504 now for around 3.7k[as told by aseem] and buy even better,say alpine 240 later.

4.Buy good 12"subw for around 7-8k e.g JBL,Image dynamics

5.Keep rest of money for branded wiring kit like JBL/Audison.

So acc.to my advice,now u will have good HU,very good front spk [as it should be] and very good subw and wiring and wont have to upgrade for quite some time.

Amp and rear spk can be upgraded/bought later.If u spend more for amp now,then buy SVC subw for around 3-4k

I know this is a change from usual advice we get here,but lets see how our experts comment on this.

First of im trying to budget with the B&W prices so that finally I can tweek it, remember his original budget was 25-26k, hehe. But this doesnt mean we will buy B&W. Ultimately we might do the shopping in bits and pieces and goto one installer. This character ISNT exactly your SQ types, more SPL-walla but he doesnt know it yet. Lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsjaurr
With low to medium budget,i highly recommend to leave room for upgradation later.Instead of trying to buy everything within 30k,i wud recommend this..........

Your advise is something that Im following personally but for this guy he is impatient and whats to have his car ICED completely at one shot. Which means no "JBLfying over 6 months" like our very own Jkdas. There is no way he will add component by component and besides, Pioneer or Boston, Alpine or Infinity it doesnt make a difference to him. Thanks for your interest and input in the thread, I appreciate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa
HU with 3 RCA = 7K
Front 4" (JBL / PIO) = 2.5K
Rear COAX (PIO 6991 yellow) = 3.5K
2x 306 DVC = 2x 3.5K = 7K
2x JVC 3500 AMP = 2x 3.3K = 6.6K
TS20 = 1.8K
BOX = 800Rs
Local wiring = 1 or 2K

Thanks! I would keep your recommendation of HU & Front comps. But when it comes to the Rear speakers/Sub Im not keen on pioneer as I have a pair of 6981 (420, 4way) and fine them to shiny. Also 2 SUBS is out of the question as he has to carry a sports kit to college everyday. Thats why Im also exploring free-air subs and RSJaurr has pointed out that co-axials might need to be fitted on the rear door. Thanks for your input.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem
Your prices are way way costly dude. The amp you have choosen, Sony 504, gives no punch. There are better amps available out there, Sony SD series and Pioneer 6100 are good amps. You could use the two channels to power the components, and other two channels to power the sub.

Aseem , thanks for that. I knew I was being conservative about prices !! Also you reminded me of the fact that I have a pair of new Boston FX93 co-axials lying spare with me. Hopefully he will agree to 3.5-4k for these, otherwise I will go with the JBLGTO936 as I originally planned.

Agree with you about the 504, wont drive the subs to its potential. I would definately like to give him a better amp to drive front comps and the sub.

So according your config thats
HU(7.5k)+
Pioneer306SVC/box(4k)+
RearSpk(4k)+
JBL426e(2.5k)+
Sony SD series/Pioneer 6100 - Pricing please?? I would love to put the pioneer to work+
Wiring(2k)

So thats 20K+ Cost of Sony/Pioneer amp + install costs = 30k

This is looking good, just need to source the cost of amps, preferably the PioneerGM-6100f... will need to go with whatevers cheaper !!

Souljah, the last i checked on the price of the Pioneer 6100f in mumbai around a week back was 6.8k. Wait for the price which aseem has to give, its sure to be the lowest by mileslol: .

BTW, aseem if i am not mistaken, you are using Pioneer 6100f in your car as well na? Could you please tell me how have you powered your system with that amp.

Cheers