Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2012, 12:28   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pioneer Launches USB Only HU MVH-1490UB - INR 3,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I think I am getting confused. I have a two way aux cable. I'll check it and confirm.
But with phone connected through USB cable to the HU, the track change and all definitely works.
They would.
It reads your phone as external memory, treats it as such.
when you connect it through USB.
Old 4th April 2012, 21:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Just as a speaker requires a speaker a cable,similarly an amplifier requires and RCA cable to connect it with the Headunit.So what is generally comfortable is 1 RCA for Rear Speakers,1 for Front Speakers and 1 for the Subwoofer.
But only required if you plan to add a subwoofer / amplifier to your car.
Thanks for the reply k2max6...

Unfortunately, I am planning to add an amplifier along with a new HU. Is there no way to make this work ? Can I use the one RCA out for the amplifier and use the amplifier outs for all 4 speakers ?

PS : Pardon the noob questions please.
Old 4th April 2012, 21:38   #33
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Just bumped into this thread.

It was about time, that some manufacturer took the step and introduce a product like this. Good price as well.

I wish they would have included bluetooth functionality in it and provided a mike in the remote which could be clipped on to the steering wheel. Would have been a killer product!

Having to pay for the cable is bad. I dislike such cheap tricks.
Old 4th April 2012, 23:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post

Unfortunately, I am planning to add an amplifier along with a new HU. Is there no way to make this work ? Can I use the one RCA out for the amplifier and use the amplifier outs for all 4 speakers ?

Not a problem.The installer will add a splitter and will work for all the four channels/speakers.i.e you will have 2 RCA's.
FYI A 4 Channel Amp will require 2 RCA's
2 Channel requires 1 RCA.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 13:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post

It would be better for you to go for a HU with minimum 2 pre-outs. It'll offer better flexibility in terms of audio upgrade and better control of the whole system from the HU itself. Also 2 pre-out head units have rear/sub out switchable so you have to option to add a sub later just in-case.
Old 11th April 2012, 16:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishenoy View Post
It would be better for you to go for a HU with minimum 2 pre-outs. It'll offer better flexibility in terms of audio upgrade and better control of the whole system from the HU itself. Also 2 pre-out head units have rear/sub out switchable so you have to option to add a sub later just in-case.
Kindly suggest me a HU with 2 pre-out. I almost zeroed in on Pioneer 1490UB. To start with I will be getting 2 door speakers for my Figo (mostly component speakers). Later I want to get the speakers at parcel tray. So should i go for 1 pre-out HU or 2 pre-out HU.

Surely wont be getting sub since boot space is important for us generally. May be i might go for free air sub if really needed later. So that time may be i will upgrade HU if above mentioned configuration can be achieved by 1 pre-out

Experts kindly suggest me.
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:08   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Kindly suggest me a HU with 2 pre-out. I almost zeroed in on Pioneer 1490UB. To start with I will be getting 2 door speakers for my Figo (mostly component speakers). Later I want to get the speakers at parcel tray. So should i go for 1 pre-out HU or 2 pre-out HU.
Sorry to have bumped your post. But, my question exactly. I'm quite a noob at all this. I really couldnt figure out going through this thread. I also plan to change my front speakers and get the HU right now and add rear speakers a little later on. This HU has 1 pre-out? Does that mean you can have only a pair of speakers? or can you connect four?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
If anyone wants more information before buying it, I'll be happy to help.
I was very keen on the jbl GT-X333. But, going through the jbl hu thread I think I'l steer clear. The pioneer 149 seems to have more positive feedback and reviews. The price makes it a really big vfm proposition. Can you please share where you picked yours up from? I'm in delhi every other day. thanks!
Old 24th April 2012, 01:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
The price makes it a really big vfm proposition. Can you please share where you picked yours up from? I'm in delhi every other day. thanks!
I got it from Pallika Bhawan for Rs. 3200 and installed for free. All the shops have pretty similar rates, I got mine from DK or something like that. Bargain hard where ever you go and roam around the entire place to get the best deal.

And I would recommend that you also get the San Disk Cruzer Fit from Flipkart to go along with the system. I find that it is the easiest way to listen to my music in the car and the sound quality is higher than the aux cable. Unless of course you plan to connect your iPod via the USB.

Cheers!
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 06:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

can someone check if a usb hard disk (the small portable types) works with this :-/
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:43   #40
BHPian

I am interested in knowing more about the usability of this in my present ICE.
USB on my pioneer suddenly stopped reading.
So I am stuck with just FM

Presently I have pioneer 4x 50 DEH-P5000UB
4 channel amplifier
2 front speaker
2 tweeter
2 rear speaker
1 subwoofer.

Presently I am able to control sub woofer setting in the HU itself.

Is it possible to replace my old player with this only USB player with single RCA out?
Old 3rd May 2012, 23:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
can someone check if a usb hard disk (the small portable types) works with this :-/
Sorry greenhorn, I don't have a small USB hard disk, otherwise I would've checked it out. My 120gb iPod Classic works with this, but the box does say "Made for iPod".

What I do know is that the system supports a 16gb pen drive. Why don't you go the pen drive way? If you browse the thread you'll see that I've mentioned a tiny one to go with the system.
Old 3rd May 2012, 23:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Sorry greenhorn, I don't have a small USB hard disk, otherwise I would've checked it out. My 120gb iPod Classic works with this, but the box does say "Made for iPod".

What I do know is that the system supports a 16gb pen drive. Why don't you go the pen drive way? If you browse the thread you'll see that I've mentioned a tiny one to go with the system.
Thanks viraat! if you do come across a hard disk, preferably a smaller capacity one formatted in FAT32, do please check if the HU reads it. Would be much obliged!
Old 10th May 2012, 12:11   #43
BHPian

Currently I have a Xenos DVD 150 HU that has 2 pre-outs. I am planning to get the 1490 HU for Aux input and USB, neither of which is present on my current HU. However, I also plan to get a 4 channel amplifier and a subwoofer for my car, and the guy at the accessories shop tells me that the 1490 won't work, since it has only 1 pre-out, and adding a Y-splitter would reduce SQ.

What I am considering is using both my HUs. The Xenos has an auxillary input at the rear, which is a component input (red & white). So is it possible to connect the output from the 1490 into this aux-in, and then source the output to the speakers from the 2 pre-outs of the Xenos HU? Would this work fine?

Also, my other question is, whether the 1490 also has a component aux-in at the rear, similar to my present HU? I am not talking about the 3.5 mm input in front. It is the secondary input that I am interested in. Someone kindly tell me this. Thanks.
Old 10th May 2012, 13:56   #44
BHPian

Makes a whole lot of sense. Only wished they had launched it a little earlier before I bought my CD player You wont believe it, but ever since the day I've bought it (6 months ago) I've not played a single CD! I just play a CD once in a while so that the lense does not get cobwebs on it
aadithsince1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 14:27   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Having to pay for the cable is bad. I dislike such cheap tricks.
Pay for cable, which one and how much please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks