Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2006, 23:52   #1
BHPian

ICE for my Optra

Has anyone any idea about what configuration speakers,amp & subwoofer will sound very decent on the 1.6 optra.
On asking around with dealers this is the info i got.
Apparentlyyou cant install 6 X 9 in the optra rear parcel shelf. The metal needs to be cut. So only 1.)components....two sets of them.Priced at 5200 a throw, thats 10,400 for JBL components
2.Sony Xplode ( 4ChannelAmp ) - 5500
3.JBL Bass tube - 5500
4. USA wiring - 1500
5. Pioneer Headunit DEH-P6850 MP -10,200 ( with Aux in )
IS this a decent setup worth the money, or is there something i need to change, Advice me quickly as I have to install by weekend.
Also should i go for the bass tube or the box type subwoofer for the car. Messages in the forum says the tube vibrates a lot.Kindly Advice.

Last edited by Lemon : 28th March 2006 at 00:01.
Old 28th March 2006, 09:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Check out Rudra's optra ICE setup. One of teh best setup in ICE thread I guess.

And the compo you are talking about is the 5incher?

Some like tight bass and some like bass and hence you haev to hear for yourself the performance of box and tube sub config.
Old 28th March 2006, 10:22   #3
BHPian

Lemon, i agree fully with JK, Tube or a Box Sub depends totally according to your tastes. If you like boomy, vibrating sorta bass then go in for the Tube BUT if you are looking for tight bass with good definition then go in the the Box Sub(JBL GTO 1200B is very good).

Your setup looks good but i guess you can go in for a better amp than the sony, Pioneer Gm 6100F 4 ch amp costs 6.8k in mumbai, great VFM. Its much better than the sony in terms of quality of sound and output as well. Sony 504 is a very basic 4ch amp and the quality of sound is very crude, it wont do justice to your system. And remember if you can spend a little more on the amp, then go in for the JBL GTO 75.4 costing 13k. It will be a perfect match to your JBL componenets and the JBL sub-box/tube.

And lastly i suggest you look around for better wiring. I heard Twister is good at a budget. It costs around 2k i guess. Or else you can go in for the JBL wiring kit(3k). Remember the quality of sound will improve tremendously with better wires.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 28th March 2006 at 10:28.
Old 28th March 2006, 10:58   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon
Has anyone any idea about what configuration speakers,amp & subwoofer will sound very decent on the 1.6 optra.

rear 2 x 6x9: 10,400 for JBL components
2.Sony Xplode ( 4ChannelAmp ) - 5500
3.JBL Bass tube - 5500
4. USA wiring - 1500
5. Pioneer Headunit DEH-P6850 MP -10,200 ( with Aux in ).
Looks like you got a budget of about 35K.

This is what I would do.
HU: 9K Blau makes a nice one. Alpines are bit more expensive.
Front and rear Speakers: 10K (components for the front and similar coax for the rear). JBL GTX or Blau ODx series. 6K for the front and 4K for the rear.
Amp and sub: 15K Box sub like the JBL1200B at 8K mated to a Pio 6100 at 7K
wires and install: 3K
--------------
9+10+15+3 = 37K
Old 28th March 2006, 11:28   #5
BHPian

thanks navin,
i prefer the comps in front and the 6X9 in the rear, but those dont fit in the optra. Is this true. He says the metal at the rear parcel has to be cut. I would like to avoid this, cause i know they will hack away at it.
Will two sets of comps sound equally as nice if not better than using 6 X 9 at the rear.
Also does the HU from Blaupunkt support Aux in for my i-pod?
Old 28th March 2006, 11:32   #6
BHPian

Lemon, since you are going in for a sub, i don't think you would need "6 x 9" speakers for the rear. A good pair of co-axials or components for the rear should be good enough.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 28th March 2006 at 11:34.
Old 28th March 2006, 11:36   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Front and rear Speakers: 10K (components for the front and similar coax for the rear). JBL GTX or Blau ODx series. 6K for the front and 4K for the rear.
JBL GTX??? Navinji, i think what you meant was JBL GTO, right?
Old 28th March 2006, 13:16   #8
BHPian

Lemon, why do you want to buy a Sony amp? Get the Pio 6100. I have this amp. Highly recommended. I bought it for 7500. It must be even less now.
Old 28th March 2006, 13:24   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanks navin,
i prefer the comps in front and the 6X9 in the rear, but those dont fit in the optra. Is this true. He says the metal at the rear parcel has to be cut. I would like to avoid this, cause i know they will hack away at it.
Will two sets of comps sound equally as nice if not better than using 6 X 9 at the rear.
Also does the HU from Blaupunkt support Aux in for my i-pod?
a) no need for 6x9 if you got a sub. however sam says (sam is our veriosn of simon) that many like the midbass hump provided by the 6x9+sub combo.

b) instead of comps in the rear spend the money on better cables. ofcourse if you can afford better cables and the comps please feel free to use comps.

c) Blau will not only offer you an Aux input but using their cable you will able to control you ipod from the HU and maybe even see a portion of the ID3 tag on the HU's display.

psst... seach this forum on MP3 ripping. There is some good info there.

prince, yes those are GTO not GTX. Damn I am more senile than i thought...hmmm.maybe... now i forget what i was saying...
Old 30th March 2006, 09:55   #10
BHPian

thanks guys,
will the SQ be good if I only have comps in the front and rear, pioneer amp and blau HU or is a small sub a must ( read ...not heavily into thump-thump ) !

navin...wht would the Blau HU model no. be?
Old 31st March 2006, 10:49   #11
Team-BHP Support

If you dont want to use a sub then use 6x9s as otherwise you might feel you have been robbed of the bass and i cant remember the model number but it has a bright blue display.

Last edited by navin : 31st March 2006 at 10:52.
Old 1st April 2006, 10:26   #12
BHPian

aaarg,
i went to this guy in chennai who has the largest store for car audio. he straight away shot down the blaupunkt HU and said its not as good as the sony,cause of an improper sub out or something. Now i really wouldnt know if he is blowing smoke up my ****.

Is it true that only sony and alpine have a proper proper sub support, and HU like Blaupunkt ( for eg. Monterray) wont give you much bass effect. I thought all HU could support subs, and the job is taken care of by the amp. Am i wrong.

Suggest a good wiring kit. Have you guys heard of Streetwire for 3.5 K >????

Also what is I go for 6" round three ways for the rear instead of comps for rear. Wil i get some bass out of it?

Please advice.
Old 1st April 2006, 13:08   #13
BHPian

Quote:
aaarg,
i went to this guy in chennai who has the largest store for car audio. he straight away shot down the blaupunkt HU and said its not as good as the sony,cause of an improper sub out or something. Now i really wouldnt know if he is blowing smoke up my ****.
Could you mention the name of the store or PM it to me please. These guys, unless you know what you are talking about may take you for a ride. Why dont you browse through the Blaupunkt website and find out.

Any HU with a pre-out can be used in a system with a subwoofer irrespective whether it is a Sony or Pioneer or Blaupunkt or x y z.
Old 1st April 2006, 13:14   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Suggest a good wiring kit. Have you guys heard of Streetwire for 3.5 K >????
:
Streetwires is a good company.
Old 1st April 2006, 17:15   #15
Team-BHP Support

Streetwire runs about 1200 per RCA pair about the same as Monster Junior. I can easily recommend either or both. I prefer streetwires as it is so thin and fexilbe you can do it yourself. again like belden streetwires does not look ike good cable but it really is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks