Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:48   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
this is my opinion about these 2150s so dont need to take it seriously.
why should i not take your opinion seriously? Your ears are probably as good as mine, probably better given the age advantage. TRUST YOUR EARS.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i had these ikkis pachaas in my palio which got totalled. navinji, these speakers are not that bad. they are far better IMO than the current pio speakers. also when i switched to infinity ref 6x9s, there wasn't much difference sq wise. it was quite good at spl. i had these speakers(i had 3 pairs lol, 2 were lying unused) for like 7-8 years. this is my opinion about these 2150s so dont need to take it seriously.

cheers
clip
at least someone like the pioneer speakers..
Old 4th July 2007, 01:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

So Panty ji, what is your verdict on the Ekkkkisssss Paccchhhhaaasssss??? Does Chamkila sound good on them to you?
Old 4th July 2007, 02:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
why should i not take your opinion seriously? Your ears are probably as good as mine, probably better given the age advantage. TRUST YOUR EARS.
navinji, you have quite a lot of experience which i lack. i dont have a trained ear. :-) i wrote what i felt and thought no one takes me seriously. im here to learn as much as i can and i thank you people for helping me whenever i need advice from you guys despite the fact that i have been rude and instulted you guys on more than one occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
at least someone like the pioneer speakers..
hi,

yes i do like the pio 2150.vi have heard a few pio speakers like the 6x9s. co-ax, 1750 etc. and imo the 2150 and its smaller brother the 1750(defunct) are good speakers but i agree with navinji that there are many better options in that price range. i dont really bother if its brand x or y as long as it performs well for my taste(there are exceptions like soomoku,dhoom lol).

the highest selling brand in my city is pio. 2150 still sells like hot cakes here.

ok, let me share my experience with the best installer im my city. i went to him recently as im planning for a HU for my fiesta. i told him that i upgraded my ICE. he asked what brand and i told him i got hertz comps and a 15" hertz sub installed. he asked the price i paid and when i told him, he said i have been ripped off then he said "i would have installed infy kappa comps, they are far better than any brand anr are the best in the world. then he said "kitne watts ka hai"? "bas 100, infy 150w rms hai, i have an amp on which only infy kappas can run, if i power your so called hertz they would blow in pieces" i said nevermind im happy with hertz. then he commented on the sub enclosure "arrey yeh to jbl ki copy hai, ditto same, dilli se lagwaya hai na? saare chor hain" i got really pissed and i told him to get off my car and i left.

this is the current state of ice installers here. earlier they were after pio and now this guy has heard 2 more brand which are the best according to him and he is after them like he was after pio. sound stream ya infy lagwa lo aankh band kar ke, solid hai best clarity.

im desperate to switch my profession to ice so that people don get fooled and conned by these installers. i dont have the cash right now but i will definitely do it asap.

cheers
clip
Old 4th July 2007, 09:35   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i wrote what i felt and thought no one takes me seriously.

im here to learn as much as i can

i dont really bother if its brand x or y as long as it performs well for my taste(there are exceptions like soomoku,dhoom lol).

ok, let me share my experience with the best installer im my city...i said nevermind im happy with hertz.

im desperate to switch my profession to ice so that people don get fooled and conned by these installers. i dont have the cash right now but i will definitely do it asap.
1. what make you think we dont take you seriously. I do. I take everyone here seriously. ICE to me is a serious matter.

2. I am here to learn too. I have learnt that Pio is not as bad as it's reputation (on the audiophile circuit), I have learnt that others have heard of Focal, Morel, Scan Speak if not heard the speakers themselves and that snobbish audiophiles are not the only ones with that priviliege, and more...

3. I have a preference. Brand Navin. Anything I DIY sound best to me! :-) just kidding.

4. Dont worry about that installer. Atleast he know knows of JBL and SoundStream. Soon he will switch to Focal and Audison and the to DLS and Orion and if he is around long enough he will have sold every brand under the sun and hopefully would have learnt something in that process.

5. ICE is a terribly tough business. Just as the Pros.
Old 4th July 2007, 11:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. I am here to learn too. I have learnt that Pio is not as bad as it's reputation (on the audiophile circuit), I have learnt that others have heard of Focal, Morel, Scan Speak if not heard the speakers themselves and that snobbish audiophiles are not the only ones with that priviliege, and more...

I tend to agree on this statement 100 %
Old 4th July 2007, 12:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

@rags: ikisssss pachaaas...thanks everyone @tbhp to save me. am pretty happy having a JBL.
@clip: if only this expert opinion bothered u, I have better verdicts collected from atleast 10 other experts. if u want, arre I can post it here.
Old 4th July 2007, 13:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
if only this expert opinion bothered u, I have better verdicts collected from atleast 10 other experts. if u want, arre I can post it here.

would like to hear them also....so panky please post them.
Old 4th July 2007, 13:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have learnt that others have heard of Focal, Morel, Scan Speak if not heard the speakers themselves and that snobbish audiophiles are not the only ones with that priviliege, and more...
I belong to the category of those "others"!
Because I have never owned any audio equipment worth mentioning in the "audiophile" circuits, till date.
My exposure to such systems (actual listening) is limited, and it is not far from NIL for all practical purposes- I have only listened to what friends/colleagues posses, star hotels, clubs or many such public places which usually have quality audio systems installed, and demos in showrooms/fairs (thanks to the success of "India Inc" and IT boom in particular which has enabled so many people to enjoy these privileges).
As far as "having heard of" is concerned, well, this is www age...no need to say anything more on that!
Old 4th July 2007, 13:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Dont worry about that installer. Atleast he know knows of JBL and SoundStream. Soon he will switch to Focal and Audison and the to DLS and Orion and if he is around long enough he will have sold every brand under the sun and hopefully would have learnt something in that process.

ICE is a terribly tough business. Just as the Pros.
lets hope for the best. he took like more than 10 years to switch to infinity and soundstream, lets hope he switches to audison dls etc before our kids need to install ICE.

it is a tough business i agree but im gonna go for it. wish me good luck. it will take time to convince my wifey and that is a tougher business lol.:-)

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 4th July 2007 at 13:48.
Old 4th July 2007, 14:25   #41
BHPian

Not bad for 2150

Hey guys these are not at all bad for listening gusd sounds. I just ported them from indigo to santro.

These cost 4300 to 5200 bucks. well it all depends upon the deal and they are gud enough to shake your car
Old 4th July 2007, 15:02   #42
BANNED

Seen these spekers during mid and end of 90's they were kind of dream for me, thanks for IT and www age that now we can explore and afford things better then this .
Love those words "Ikkkis Pachas", same like in late 80's we use to call desi music decks by their chip sets "Chattis Chattis", Mobiles "Chaisath Sao", "Gyara Sau".
Old 4th July 2007, 15:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it is a tough business i agree but im gonna go for it. wish me good luck. it will take time to convince my wifey and that is a tougher business lol.:-)
Being an audio fanatic can be enjoyable, but making business out of it may be quite the opposite I guess. It is a different ball game. But then nothing is easy as such, and my opinion can as well be worthless especially because it comes from a typical salaried class!
Old 4th July 2007, 16:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
which brands are you gonna invest clip ?
Old 4th July 2007, 17:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
which brands are you gonna invest clip ?

exclusive outlet for "loudest.com"

Last edited by panky12345 : 4th July 2007 at 18:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks