Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 12:57   #1
BHPian

Fusion Basstubes

Hi Gurus

I own a Tata Indica Vista Sedan class. The OEM stereo is working pretty good with decent Audio quality. Few days back I visited the Sector 16, Noida market as I wanted to get a bass tube installed. The suggestions that came is were - JBL or Fusion. The cost they mentioned for a pre-amplified version of the 12" Fusion basstube was ariound 6500(with B/W & installation) and a normal 12" Fusion Bass tube for around 5000. After checking with few other shops I was told go for JBL as Fusion is already closed down so they are just clearing the stock.
So now I am confused Which one should I go for - Fusion or JBL?
Please help.

regards
Old 21st March 2012, 13:25   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fusion Basstubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Not many of us have heard a Fusion bass tube. I know I have not. I have seen their products but never heard them. I'd get the JBL just to be safe.
Old 21st March 2012, 13:33   #3
BHPian

Thank you for the reply. I got a chance to listen to the Fusion pre-amplified version of the bass tube & it was good. Just want to clear if one should go for Fusion or JBL?
Old 8th April 2012, 12:49   #4
BHPian

I would suggest you to go in for JBL.
Its a one time investment and i m sure JBL will never let u down, be it the sound quality or the after sales.

Though never heard Fusion, but personally Using JBL and i m pretty happy with the job it does.
Old 9th April 2012, 02:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the reply. I got a chance to listen to the Fusion pre-amplified version of the bass tube & it was good. Just want to clear if one should go for Fusion or JBL?
I believe the confusion here is due to Fusion being active (pre-amplified)? If it sounds good to your ears while trial in car, go for it. JBL is surely tried and tested however, for my current car with stock ICE (Swift ZDi), I would definitely want to avoid the installation mess caused due to an amp. Not to mention, I would hate the fact of someone stripping my car to install and hide the cables etc. (personal to me though, subject to the quality of installation).

However, for Fusion, ensure that a service center exists and the warranty is honored, just in case!
Old 25th April 2012, 23:45   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gurus

After checking with few other shops I was told go for JBL as Fusion is already closed down so they are just clearing the stock.
Please help.

regards
If you have heard Fusion and are happy with the sound quality go for it. It is preamplified and therefore will sound close to what you hear on the demo tube on your stock ice. I currently have the JBL 1214T installed in my car and I am very happy because of the tight bass I am getting.
A pre-amplified one would definitely save up the hassles of wiring and stripping down of your car but I have never heard of Fusion.
A nice professional installer would get everything in place if you turn your mind after listening to JBL.
Warranty on Fusion can be a stiff thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
However, for Fusion, ensure that a service center exists and the warranty is honored, just in case!
Because Fusion is closed down as he mentioned there is very little possibility that he will get warranty.

In my opinion you shout hear the JBL before settling down.
Old 3rd May 2012, 23:44   #7
BHPian

All

Thank you for the comments ad replies. Sorry could not reply earlier. I got the Fusion Pre-amplified 12" Bass tube. The sound is awesome. Though it had eaten up almost entire boot space but I am okay with it as no one at the back seat.So the rear seat compensates for the boot. The sound quality is amazing . I could not imagine my OEM stereo could sound so well.
Total expense
Bass tube - 5800/-
Converter - 250/-( the factory fitted stereo has no pre outs)

Apart from this the shop owner asked to pay 150 for installation charges which I said no. So the whole deal closed at 6000/-.

Also I got the Roller curtains installed. Another good product. Must for every car especially in summers. While going to Delhi I just role them down, once out from Delhi role them back up.
Old 4th May 2012, 10:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Roller curtains ... I just role them down, once out from Delhi role them back up.
What role do they play?
Old 22nd May 2012, 20:54   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
What role do they play?
Sorry for the late reply. These are for the people who want extra privacy. Though the recent Traffic rules do not allow any here these curtains are proving very useful. Though I have not removed the tints from the car so far but have decided once the tints gets removed I would still use the roller curtains.
These curtains are like that you must have seen in many Luxury cars. How they work? They have a hook on the top which you can put on the window. Then it goes up & down with the window.

Here is the website for better illustrations-
Amritras India | Offers high quality car window curtains to ensure privacy and comfort in your ride.

regards
dhondusaxena is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed