Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2006, 14:24   #31
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravbasu
Where do we get these Wet Type CD Lens cleaner (in Bangalore) ?

In general, do we get it in any electronics shop or music stores (like musicworld or planet-m) ?
I got it from Planet-M Brand Frontec

Last edited by DRC : 4th April 2006 at 14:26.
Old 4th April 2006, 16:26   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravbasu
What I meant is : it will be very helpful if we get a illustrated set up guide to install the Head Unit. As I dont have any setup guide for my Sony HU (grey maal) except the user manual where only the features and functionality has been described. Pioneer comes with very good installation guide which is also available only .. the same is not true for Sony
Sourav... my sony was also procured from the grey market. Yet it came with everything, including the two manuals. One is the user manual that explains the workings and features and the other is the installation guide that shows all the connections etc that needs to be made. Anyhow, I think if you search the net for your model you will definitely get the installation manual for it somewhere, maybe even at the Sony site.

Btw, I lost the remote controller that came with my HU sometimes back :P Do not ask me how... is it possible to get a duplicate one? Anyone aware of a solution to this crazy problem? I have no clue on this one. Maybe I will go and talk to the installer on this soon...
Old 15th May 2007, 15:08   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Sourav... my sony was also procured from the grey market. Yet it came with everything, including the two manuals. One is the user manual that explains the workings and features and the other is the installation guide that shows all the connections etc that needs to be made. Anyhow, I think if you search the net for your model you will definitely get the installation manual for it somewhere, maybe even at the Sony site.

Btw, I lost the remote controller that came with my HU sometimes back :P Do not ask me how... is it possible to get a duplicate one? Anyone aware of a solution to this crazy problem? I have no clue on this one. Maybe I will go and talk to the installer on this soon...
I wanted a manual for my old Sony HU, I emailed Sony support and they sent me the PDF attachment
Old 15th May 2007, 16:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post

go to any sony car audio dealer he can surely arrange one for you....
Old 26th December 2008, 08:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

how do we know if a cd lens cleaner is wet or brush type without opening it - will it say so on the package?
Old 5th January 2009, 19:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
how do we know if a cd lens cleaner is wet or brush type without opening it - will it say so on the package?

It is mentioned on the package that you buy and if you look at the cleaning disc, if it is brush type, it will have a small brush protruding out of the outer edge of the disc's surface something like whats there on the disc in picture

Old 7th January 2009, 22:09   #37

I bought a PHILIPS SVC2520/97 dry brush DVD lens cleaner which works with cd players also. I tried using it in my KENWOOD KDC-MP5039U. Now this lens cleaner has voice instructions in first 8 tracks in different languages, then it has a blank 55 mins track as the 9th track and then has 5 blank 4 secs tracks and finally has the 15th track which cleans the lens and plays some music. The voice instructions actually tell you to switch to track 15 to clean the lens, however when i try to do so, the disc player is unable to read it and throws an error "Error 99", which according to my player's manual means that there is some problem with the disc magazine. So the thing is that i am unable to clean my lens. However i do not have any problems such as disc getting stuck or something.

I dont think there is any problem in using a wet or dry lens cleaner in your car provided it supports the format.

I request everyone to please let me know about a wet or dry lens cleaner which can actually work for HUs and where can i get it.
Old 11th January 2009, 05:25   #38
BANNED

I've seen many wet & dry lens cleaners, but the problem is that the format is VCD(.DAT) which will not work in normal HUs.
Old 12th November 2009, 18:40   #39
BHPian

can i use vodka to clean the lens?
Old 13th November 2009, 10:27   #40
Team-BHP Support

Guys most dry CD cleaners are way too abrasive. Stick to the wet ones. I use DiscWasher's D4.
Old 13th November 2009, 12:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
can i use vodka to clean the lens?

you can use it before & after cleaning, not during.
Old 13th November 2009, 15:03   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
you can use it before & after cleaning, not during.
you sure about that?
dexterity will be affected by the vodka, which in turn might affect the cleaning process... i get tipsy fast

on a more serious note, my PIO DEH 5650
1> Returns error codes "Error-11" quite often and "Error-17" some times
2> Sometimes the Disc doesn't come out of the slot completely when i eject it [it comes out only about a centimeter or less]
3> Songs skip, even on new CDs

Would a CD cleaner such as DiscWasher's D4 be better than opening it up and cleaning it with a ear bug and some pure alcohol?
Old 13th November 2009, 15:13   #43
BHPian

this is no maintaining tip but a CAUTION
Don't ever stick ampi pure or any other perfumes to the ac vents above your HU, If at all the perfume leaks, Your HU will go kaput. Personal experience
Old 13th November 2009, 23:21   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
this is no maintaining tip but a CAUTION
Don't ever stick ampi pure or any other perfumes to the ac vents above your HU, If at all the perfume leaks, Your HU will go kaput. Personal experience
Also, the AC vents sometimes gets bends sue to Car perfumes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks