Team-BHP - Baleno Low Budget Icing
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Baleno Low Budget Icing (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/11790-baleno-low-budget-icing.html)

Hi everybody. My dad plans to take a Baleno in around three months ( i know thats a lot of time but i better start early to avoid mistakes) & he has allotted around (13 +/- 2) k into ice.

OPTION 1
Any good HU - 6.5K Rs
Sony XS GT6947 6x9 Coaxial for rear -Peak Pwer 400W - 5200Rs
JBL GTO606 Components 4 front( not sure abt price) somwhre around 3.5k

Option 2
Any good HU - 6.5K Rs
JBL GTO 936 6x9 Coaxial for rear

My dad dont prefer subwoofer on the trunk.also given the low budget i think to avoid an amp & to use the onboard amp for the moment.may add up an amp later if required. we like bass & beats.provided no subwoofer is used which one of above option will sound nice?
I have heard a pioneer coaxial 6x9 350 watts speaker(don remember model no) & it did sound nice with some what deep bass ( to me it sounded bassy).also i had heard to the sony 400w coaxial but i felt it inferior to th epioneer.When i surfed thrug the ice section i saw lots of threads prefering Jbl gto 936 & 606.So i wanted to pick the best among JBL OR SONY coaxials.Also i dont know whether these would fit in to the parcel tray of the car.please guide me out.

Please dont ask me to search through the section as i have done it already but couldn find much in which there was no subwoofer included in the setup.:mad:

& thanks for helping me out :)

second option

6x9 gives good thump taht will make you happy .:) and it should cost less tahn 5k I guess.

606 costs 6k; not 3.5k

Blau HU can be bought frm 4.5k onwards. Pio too is good. Sony is ok, but I hear its prone to complaints. Get B&W if you get Sony one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hari_rama

Option 2
Any good HU - 6.5K Rs
JBL GTO 936 6x9 Coaxial for rear

My dad dont prefer subwoofer on the trunk.also given the low budget i think to avoid an amp & to use the onboard amp for the moment.may add up an amp later if required. we like bass & beats.provided no subwoofer is used which one of above option will sound nice?
I have heard a pioneer coaxial 6x9 350 watts speaker(don remember model no) & it did sound nice with some what deep bass ( to me it sounded bassy).also i had heard to the sony 400w coaxial but i felt it inferior to th epioneer.When i surfed thrug the ice section i saw lots of threads prefering Jbl gto 936 & 606.So i wanted to pick the best among JBL OR SONY coaxials.Also i dont know whether these would fit in to the parcel tray of the car.please guide me out.

)

Hi!
The Baleno factory position in the front accomodates a 5.25" component set (unaltered) i recommend you go for the 506 instead.
Definitely option 2 is a good choice. Sony aren't known for making good speakers. No contest.
I see you are considering 6X9 for the rear. Thesewill fit on the parcel shelf with a little cutting. It should be ok. Enjoy :)

thanks Sam Kapasi & JKDas
BTW does an amplifier have a noticeable advantage over th eonbaord amp on head unit.
Also how much does the JBL 506 components cost?any idea where jbl speakers are available in Kerala, preferably in Trichur Or Cochin?

Also Sam what do you mean by unaltered component set?did u mean that baleno can take those speakers without any mods?

Get a Pioneer 5750 HU.

Ask Mcl and Sam about the bass in my car. I spent 11k on the whole system!

Thanks Viper
I just looked out for your setup & could see that your rear speakers were pioneer ts 6990.Juz now i also glanced through pioneer ad on overdrive but it show another model ts 6991S 460 W max.is 6990 phased out?
.Is this the same model?Also between pioneer 6991 & jbl 936 which one is better?those who had listened to each please comment :)
Cheers

A&M at cochin, and many others on way to Vytilla

Quote:

Also Sam what do you mean by unaltered component set?did u mean that baleno can take those speakers without any mods?

I think sam meant what you just thought. The 5.25 component set would be a direct fit in the front doors of the Baleno without any modifications at all. BTW, i think the JBL GTO 506 components cost 5.5k with B&W. Am i right sam?

Quote:

Also between pioneer 6991 & jbl 936 which one is better?those who had listened to each please comment :)
Cheers

The pioneer 6991 are really good when it comes to quality bass reproduction but the JBL GTO 936's are better. I had this problem when i was looking out for "6 x 9"s for the rear in my esteem and after taking a demo of Pioneer, Soundstream and JBL, i felt the JBL GTO 936's were more complete in terms of overall sound quality. Pio's though i felt were very bright.

thanks Prince 85 Very Much.So i thinkJbl is the way to go.So as jkdas jblified a santro i shall try jblfying a baleno lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince85
I think sam meant what you just thought. The 5.25 component set would be a direct fit in the front doors of the Baleno without any modifications at all. BTW, i think the JBL GTO 506 components cost 5.5k with B&W. Am i right sam?

Correct on both counts my friend

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Hi!
The Baleno factory position in the front accomodates a 5.25" component set (unaltered) i recommend you go for the 506 instead.
:)

Sam,
the Baleno takes 6 inchers in front...I have GTO 606 CE (they are 6.5 " ..right) without any modifications...of course the tweeter is on the dash...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Sam,
the Baleno takes 6 inchers in front...I have GTO 606 CE without any modifications...of course the tweeter is on the dash...

I've heard this before. This often leads me to believe there have been 2 versions of Balenos. Because i know for a fact i fit a 5.25 in a baleno - i know this well, because i fit it myself!!

my initial setup also contained Blaupunkt (GT series???) 5.25 coaxials that I absolutely hated.....they also fitted (or were made to fit??) in the slot...so I am confused too..
anyways...see these links confirming the 165 mm Baleno speaker slots

[COLOR=#008000]www.auto-connect.co.uk/acatalog/SUZUKI.html[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#008000]www.nexxia.co.uk/Speaker_adaptors/suzukiframe.htm[/COLOR]

Sameerji :D , baleno can take in 6.5'' without any mods ..

OT , are u still in bangalore ??