Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2006, 16:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Because of stiffer suspension offered by dual spiders you don't need much of air resistance in the box, hence shorter ports reults in faster bass.
I don't see the correlation between shorter ports, driver Fs and fast bass.
Old 4th April 2006, 17:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

ya agreed what type of bass is fast or slow bass. I have only heard of low bass or punchy bass , what is this fast bass
Old 5th April 2006, 12:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
I don't see the correlation between shorter ports, driver Fs and fast bass.
The ports are shorter because they are two instead of one. And these subs are designed to use in free air. And need big enclosures for ported applications not to be used in sealed enclosure.
Old 5th April 2006, 12:21   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
ya agreed what type of bass is fast or slow bass. I have only heard of low bass or punchy bass , what is this fast bass
Fast, articulate and "tachycardiac" bass only exists in SQ oriented systems and you need quality equipment and subs to reproduce it. Unlike in the SPL oriented system where there is only low bass reproduction which can be achieved by multiple Class D amplifiers driving KW rated subwoofers.
Old 5th April 2006, 12:45   #35
Team-BHP Support

bass is a function of frequency and time. It is best understood in when one looks at FFT plots.

When a bass drum pedal hits the skin or when an Organ pedal hits the string it produces not only a fundametnal note but also the overtones (harmonics). If all these notes are not accurately reproduced and the overtones are supressed or smeared (in the time domain) bas can sound "slow" or "one note" or "lumpy" etc...

Since bass frequencies have long wavelengths this in a function of not only the system producing the bass but also the cabin/room in which the bass is being produced.

WIth using resorting to Laplace and z transforms and Fourier Series and Integrals this is the simplest answer I can offer.
Old 5th April 2006, 15:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
WIth using resorting to Laplace and z transforms and Fourier Series and Integrals this is the simplest answer I can offer.
Fourier khush hua
Old 5th April 2006, 16:39   #37
BHPian

Quote:
bass is a function of frequency and time. It is best understood in when one looks at FFT plots.

When a bass drum pedal hits the skin or when an Organ pedal hits the string it produces not only a fundametnal note but also the overtones (harmonics). If all these notes are not accurately reproduced and the overtones are supressed or smeared (in the time domain) bas can sound "slow" or "one note" or "lumpy" etc...

Since bass frequencies have long wavelengths this in a function of not only the system producing the bass but also the cabin/room in which the bass is being produced.

You are right Navin but good driver does make difference. And there are some which do sound like drumskin reproducing multiple note bass with no lumpiness at snail speed.
Old 5th April 2006, 18:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

Guys you would really really frighten newbies ( even me!)

coz someone said abt fourier etc, do anyone know what one would get if one would Integrate body ?
Old 5th April 2006, 18:14   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
No No No No ... I have had enough of them in coll as it is .. Not here too ..
Old 5th April 2006, 18:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

Ya I wanna compare a good driver with a bad one. I have talk with Manik and he suggested to go in for 15 hertz hi energy woofer. He said that he has installed it in Xtreme Torque optra. I have a pioneer 3000 spl woofer and I will compare it with the hertz. If I like the SQ of the hertz I will scrap the pioneer and will go in for the hertz 15's
Old 5th April 2006, 18:27   #41
BHPian

man this is what we call eathquake machine. how much did it cost to you ??
how do you keep the rear windshield in its position .it might blow of off by the bass effect
Old 5th April 2006, 18:43   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Ya I wanna compare a good driver with a bad one. I have talk with Manik and he suggested to go in for 15 hertz hi energy woofer. He said that he has installed it in Xtreme Torque optra. I have a pioneer 3000 spl woofer and I will compare it with the hertz. If I like the SQ of the hertz I will scrap the pioneer and will go in for the hertz 15's
3000 SPL as the model suggest and the way it sounds is not a SQ subwoofer by any strandard. In SQ, SQL and SPL Hertz will rip apart the Pioneer in pieces. Hertz subwoofers reproduces clean bass and does not boom and some people take that lack of boom as a lack of bass. So lot of people prefer pioneer over lot of subwoofers.
Old 5th April 2006, 18:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

I said above the SQ not the boom man. I said i will compare both of them and after that I wil decide which one to keep thats it. I also dont like the boom sound I like the lower which a I think a 15 can produce.
Old 5th April 2006, 21:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
No No No No ... I have had enough of them in coll as it is .. Not here too ..
You have to grin, bear it, study it and pass your maths exam. No choice man. I had Laplace transforms in my BSc electronics and maths class. Double trouble.
Old 5th April 2006, 22:09   #45
BHPian

I like the way they put their thought for setting up the systen. One good example is the position chosen to install amps. It is situated in front of the breath holes of the Sub. As the beats goes up the amount of air pumped to the heat sink will be directionly propotional which will help the Amp to cool down very fast.Nice brains... Very smart....Hats off u
Closed Thread

Most Viewed