Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2006, 22:47   #46
BHPian

HCP you are right. The air flow out of ports do help in cooling the heatsinks. TRU Technology have excellent heat dissipation and efficiency hence no need of forced air cooling. But in this install we have a really forced cooling aided by 21" Subwoofer

Last edited by Autophile : 5th April 2006 at 22:48.
Old 6th April 2006, 01:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper
....the amount of air pumped to the heat sink will be directionly propotional which will help the Amp to cool down very fast.Nice brains... Very smart....Hats off u
HCP Thanks... You are the first person to notice that (or possibly the first to mention it). Yes, the small things matter to us...
Old 6th April 2006, 05:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

all engineers here....thread becoming too complicated man!!
Old 6th April 2006, 06:30   #49

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

im doin engg. and i didnt understand a single damn word ......spl,sq...blah blah....wow i think im gonna fal in my exams...lol
Old 9th April 2006, 08:00   #50
Team-BHP Support

If you are looking for all the DIY childhood stories, those posts have been moved to this thread.

Lets try and stick to discussing the Barracuda's ICE in this thread.

cya
R
Old 13th February 2008, 05:04   #51
BHPian

Indian version of the Jack Hammer
Old 13th February 2008, 11:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Hmm I think no. As Gunbir suggests this sub is a pure Sound quality sub but can do a bit of SPL.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:44   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
It is an "Italian" subwoofer which is no way comparable to Jack hammer.

Comparing Mille with Jackhammer is like comparing Ferrari with Hummer H1
Old 8th May 2008, 04:24   #54
BHPian

and i will pic a ferrari !
Old 9th May 2008, 12:39   #55

WHat is that woofer? Why is it so big? my skoda has a good system with 2 woofers but they are smaller than this. It cost quiet a lot but sounds very ok. Anyone can suggest what i should do to improve the sound?
Old 9th May 2008, 13:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmachinez View Post
WHat is that woofer? Why is it so big? my skoda has a good system with 2 woofers but they are smaller than this. It cost quiet a lot but sounds very ok. Anyone can suggest what i should do to improve the sound?
I would suggest to open a new thread and ask your queries there.
Old 13th July 2008, 21:08   #57
BHPian

Man no offence, but you wanna die with that huge sub, or blow the brains out of everyone, or blow your rear windshield out of kingdom come?

Wouldn't a nice 10-12" do? However good the sub is?
Old 13th July 2008, 23:20   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Man no offence, but you wanna die with that huge sub, or blow the brains out of everyone, or blow your rear windshield out of kingdom come?

Wouldn't a nice 10-12" do? However good the sub is?
Prithvi,

Thanks for your common sense post.

While that sound system is great to show off and fills the "I have a bigger one than you" need, it could cause some serious brain damage. This is no joke, you can actually damage your hearing permanently.

The other problem with these mega-systems is that they are just way over the current producing capacity of the vehicle. Unless a double alternator or serious high output alternator is used, the battery will be killed in no time. Judging by the components used in this post, I doubt that even a high capacity alternator will suffice. Serious electrical issues including ECU malfunctions to outright electrical fires are common.

Regards,
Old 13th July 2008, 23:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you have tried a lot of stuff on your car my friend.

So how big was this setup which a double alternator was required and it reached the situation of ECU malfunction ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
Prithvi,

Thanks for your common sense post.

While that sound system is great to show off and fills the "I have a bigger one than you" need, it could cause some serious brain damage. This is no joke, you can actually damage your hearing permanently.

The other problem with these mega-systems is that they are just way over the current producing capacity of the vehicle. Unless a double alternator or serious high output alternator is used, the battery will be killed in no time. Judging by the components used in this post, I doubt that even a high capacity alternator will suffice. Serious electrical issues including ECU malfunctions to outright electrical fires are common.

Regards,
Old 14th July 2008, 00:31   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Looks like you have tried a lot of stuff on your car my friend.

So how big was this setup which a double alternator was required and it reached the situation of ECU malfunction ?
My cousin in California is really big into car stereos, and he has a really nice Ford Mustang that has about $40k of modifications in it. 400+ horsepower, Supercharger, NOS, etc., you name it he has it. Then he has one of these ulimate sound systems, 2 x 12" subs, 2 x 8" bazooka subs, 2 x 500 watts sub amps, 4 normal speakers with another amp. To run all this he as put in a larger amp, dual batteries and a isolator.

He has had me over at his place many a time trying to troubleshoot his system. ECU problem, wires getting burnt, fuses blown, etc. He actually cannot blast the sound for more than 5 minutes, or the battery gets low.

The funny thing is that the sound gets so loud that he has a pair of earplugs in the car that he wears. I just have to turn the volume down to prevent bodily damage to myself with the hard hitting base.

But his car get attention like nothing else on the road.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks