Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2006, 16:52   #1
AGP
BHPian

Help required for decent installation in Mumbai

Hi friends,

I have finalised audio set-up for my swift vxi.

HU-Pioneer 4850
Front speaker - JBL GTO 606e (Component speaker)
Rear speaker - JBL 636 Co-axial speaker
Cables - Pl. suggest.

When I contacted one shop in sector 17, Vashi, he said it will be difficult to install component speaker in swift as there is no enough space for components. I really doubt that guy although he was ready to do installation but i was not confident on him.

So, can anybody suggest me a reliable shop where I can go for installation without any wire cutting. As any wire cutting will tear my warranty (as per maruti guidelines)

I will go to sara market, VT for purchasing Pioneer DEH-4850 HU wo B&W

You can also suggest me where I can get Pioneer HU with warranty and good audio cables in Mumbai at reasonable price.

Thanks
Old 5th April 2006, 17:10   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP
Hi friends,

I have finalised audio set-up for my swift vxi.

HU-Pioneer 4850
Front speaker - JBL GTO 606e (Component speaker)
Rear speaker - JBL 636 Co-axial speaker
Cables - Pl. suggest.

When I contacted one shop in sector 17, Vashi, he said it will be difficult to install component speaker in swift as there is no enough space for components. I really doubt that guy although he was ready to do installation but i was not confident on him.

So, can anybody suggest me a reliable shop where I can go for installation without any wire cutting. As any wire cutting will tear my warranty (as per maruti guidelines)

I will go to sara market, VT for purchasing Pioneer DEH-4850 HU wo B&W

You can also suggest me where I can get Pioneer HU with warranty and good audio cables in Mumbai at reasonable price.

Thanks
Components can be fitted easily in the Swift without any modifications. The front doors take a 6.5 inch woofer (the largest available components) and mounting tweeters is pretty easy.

Pioneer HUs with B&W work out very expensive. They are distributed by Autocop. Sometimes the difference between grey and B&W items can be as much as 80%. In such a scenario it makes more sense to buy Alpine. Pioneers are excellent if you want lots of features and are willing to take the risk of buying without B&W.

Also you might want to consider buying a HU which will allow you to add amps in the future. Look for HUs with atleast 2-3 RCA preouts. As far as I know the 4850 has one preout for the subwoofer.

I'll let the experts answer the rest of your queries.
Old 5th April 2006, 17:13   #3
BHPian

Hey dude,

Frankly speaking i dont trust anyone in the Vashi market.

There are few people who have less knwledge & rest are over confident.

I would suggest u go to Milan Subway.

There u will find a shop which is authorised dealer for JBL & many other brands.

Cheers.

Old 5th April 2006, 17:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't reccomend buying a HU from Sara market. If it doesnt work when you get to installing it, he aint gonna do nothing. If you buy it from an accessories shop, atleast you know the piece is gonna be working when he puts it in, although they also dont take any liability beyond that.

You can pop in 6.5" comps into a Swift's doors. I dont know what your retailer is talking about. If the comps have a big motor structure (read as magnet), then you can get a pair of spacer rings installed without disturbing much.

There are a lot of decent places in Mumbai where you could get a basic install like this done. BM Motors at Vashi is a decent chap. If you want to go to Milan, then maybe someone like Bhavi, Choksi or Shreyas should do a fine job.
Old 6th April 2006, 11:02   #5
BHPian

hey,

VASHI sector 17 for your car aduio setup........ DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!! . I am also located in Vashi, and believe me these ICE people in vashi are not professional at all. They are just bisunessman, whose main aim is to just send you home empty pocket. If you have a budget of 5k or 25k or 50k .... and planning to get your audio setup done in vashi, its like throwing your money into dustbin. I am not talking about each and every shop in vashi, ya but majority of them are like this. Dude, i have suffered a lot and wasted a lot of mony with the Vashi people.

These people are againt component speakers, capacitors and most of all the best brand of wiring according to them is BOSS!!!, boss. Many say that "hum log kay pass do type ka wire hain, eak hain Rs 200 ka aur doosara Rs 400 Ka". "Rs 400 ka wire sabsey best hain" "aur sabey best hain boss ka wire" . Can u believe it dude!!. For amp ,sony Xplode amps are the best accordiing to them and nothing can withstand sony they say.

Ok now that my spilled out everthing, i would suggest that you go to

1. MA car studio (i would be getting my audio setup form this place now)
2. One shop at Juhu, outside SNDT women college. I dont remember the name of the shop. Its very close to the skoda showroom at juhu.
3. Milind subway,but not sure how professional these guys are.
4. Linking road, Bandra, J&B audio. (this guy is very professional, but very very expensive. May be this is one of the best guys).

Rest our guru log will guide you about the good places for car audio setup.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by v12 : 23rd October 2010 at 11:10.
Old 6th April 2006, 11:09   #6
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Damn this is enlightening i need to ICE up my car in Vashi too ... an accent. I was thinking bout sector 17 market too, thanx for the info guys
Old 6th April 2006, 11:51   #7
BHPian

ya ya, some more things and probably the most important that i forgot to mention..

When i discussed about ICEing my accent some months ago with fellow Tbhpians, keeping my budget in mind i was suggested to go for JBL CS12OOT bass tube.

Guys in vashi said "jbl tube mein sala dum nahi hain","aap pioneer ka woofer lago"..

And the best part of all is that audio setup guys in vashi are against the ICE stuff that we discuss on TBhp. Many of them have not even heard about the brands that we discuss over here.

But since last few months, many good brands are seen in the vashi audio shops, but the setup done by these people is crap.

And as all guru log say, finally it all comes down to the type of setup done.
One can enjoy his ICE with a budget of 10k if setup is done properly.
Am i right GURUJI LOG!!???

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by v12 : 23rd October 2010 at 11:10.
Old 6th April 2006, 23:32   #8
Team-BHP Support

please refrain from using profanity in your posts. this is the second time you have done so on this thread.

Last edited by v12 : 23rd October 2010 at 11:26.
Old 6th April 2006, 23:33   #9
Team-BHP Support

This is a public forum. thanks.

Last edited by v12 : 23rd October 2010 at 11:26.
Old 7th April 2006, 10:51   #10
AGP
BHPian

Hi amit,

Thanks for your suggestions. Infact i have got a reply from Mr. Kirit, Milan subway and will consider it. But I would also like to know where is MA car sudio?
Old 7th April 2006, 11:18   #11
BHPian

for MA car studio, call up Asif 9821616007 or 9870016007. Asif is the Proprietor of M.A car studio. His shop is located at Lamington road, Andheri (w), an Bandra(w).

Call him up and take the address. This is the same guy who sends his palios(JBL) at the motor show held at BandraKurla complex.

Navin ji, i am sorry, but i was just warning AGP and others located in Navi Mumbai and expressing my anger at these (sector 17 shop) people.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks