Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2006, 20:38   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
OK...I have a Sony CDX 5510 HU installed about a year ago....Reading through the various ipod forums here, i know :
1. My HU doesnt have a Aux in option
2. I wont be using FM Transmitters - as people have varying degrees of experiences with it w.r.t SQ..

Now the question is - should i just take my car & ipod to any audio installer & ask him to work out a way to connect the ipod to the HU...what will be the cost ( i have the cable)....what are the kind of connections needed ? any connection needed to the car battery ?

Pls advise as i feel " technically challenged "
I removed the Sony CDX 5510 HU & checked the Rear.. Found out 3 slots for Aux In - in the rear..( 2 for Front & 1 for rear - L+R avl) - from my ipod - i connected the Front Speakers - it plays fine.

But when I connect to the Rear Aux In - the speakers dont work. I also had a splitter ( when connected to ipod - u can take out 2 sets of headphone cables from it). So basically had 4 wires going into the HU Rear ( L + R)*2.

I have 6 speakers in my car ( standard Company fitted Fiat Siena Speakers ) - 2 tweeters in front, 2 front door speaker & 2 rear speakers)

The rear speakers dont work...Any clues...?
Old 6th June 2006, 23:37   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I removed the Sony CDX 5510 HU & checked the Rear.. Found out 3 slots for Aux In - in the rear..( 2 for Front & 1 for rear - L+R avl) - from my ipod - i connected the Front Speakers - it plays fine.

But when I connect to the Rear Aux In - the speakers dont work. I also had a splitter ( when connected to ipod - u can take out 2 sets of headphone cables from it). So basically had 4 wires going into the HU Rear ( L + R)*2.

I have 6 speakers in my car ( standard Company fitted Fiat Siena Speakers ) - 2 tweeters in front, 2 front door speaker & 2 rear speakers)

The rear speakers dont work...Any clues...?
Whoa champ: Back up a bit. Sorry but this is ALL wrong.
OK let me help you understand.

Your HU does not have 3 Aux ins. It probably has a rear out, a front out and an Aux in.
See, an aux in is just ONE pair of L+R female RCA jacks. Once you plug your iPod in there and choose "Aux" in your source selector, it should play exactly like any other source, CD/Tuner etc. You dont need to give a sperate inout for the front and rear, no more than you need to play one CD for the front and another for the rear.
Old 7th June 2006, 09:55   #33
BHPian

If you have a Blaupunkt HU.( the newer ones which have CD changer controls ). U can use the Blaupunkt IPod Interface..it is very cool...( ALTHOGH A WEE BIT EXP...ABT $150 ) the entire contro of the Ipod is transferred to the HU...SQ is also superb.........btw I-trip sucks...a complete waste of moNEY...
Old 7th June 2006, 10:53   #34
Team-BHP Support

Sk, almost everyone has one now.
Alpine, Pio, and yes Sony too.

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_p...tno=ASOIPOD001
http://www.caraudiodiscount.com/acat...d_section.html
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/3840.html
Old 8th June 2006, 14:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Whoa champ: Back up a bit. Sorry but this is ALL wrong.
OK let me help you understand.

Your HU does not have 3 Aux ins. It probably has a rear out, a front out and an Aux in.
See, an aux in is just ONE pair of L+R female RCA jacks. Once you plug your iPod in there and choose "Aux" in your source selector, it should play exactly like any other source, CD/Tuner etc. You dont need to give a sperate inout for the front and rear, no more than you need to play one CD for the front and another for the rear.
Sam...Ur right & I am dumb....

No problems..that's why i came here for help..!

I checked again today morning.It has just 1 Aux in... & 1 Front out & 1 rear out...But surprisingly...when i plug in the L+R wires into the Aux in jacks, no response

When i put them instead in the Rear Out...The front speakers start playing from the ipod..

I checked up the manual as well...In the Source Selector, i couldnt figure out " Aux"..

The rear of the HU is a wiry mess ! tons of wires joint together by duct tape..I had the OE Kenwood HU removed & replaced by the Sony CDX 5510..Not sure if the wiring has messed up the Aux logic...
Old 8th June 2006, 14:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sam...Ur right & I am dumb....

No problems..that's why i came here for help..!

I checked again today morning.It has just 1 Aux in... & 1 Front out & 1 rear out...But surprisingly...when i plug in the L+R wires into the Aux in jacks, no response

When i put them instead in the Rear Out...The front speakers start playing from the ipod..

I checked up the manual as well...In the Source Selector, i couldnt figure out " Aux"..

The rear of the HU is a wiry mess ! tons of wires joint together by duct tape..I had the OE Kenwood HU removed & replaced by the Sony CDX 5510..Not sure if the wiring has messed up the Aux logic...
Dude... go find a good installer... save yourself some time and effort. And also get your wiring sorted out proper.
Old 8th June 2006, 14:56   #37
BHPian

ahem, Really a good topic,, Well 1st thing, Why all are mad for Ipod ? Its just marketing of Apple which has make it famous. I have same plan of using Mp3 player. so no tension of burning CDs..

Guys, Check out Creative Zen Mp3 player that comes with VDO. as well check for Creative zen Sleek player too. For Ipod U need to run around with Itrip.. Ipod is damn costly with no FM,. U have to take special itrip for FM

Creative players come with inbuilt FM as well it supports latest formats like DivX & Xvid. Using iTunes is a bit headache..

I am planning to take Creative Zen Vision M & use it in car as well as home.

What everyone has to say ?
Old 8th June 2006, 17:45   #38
Team-BHP Support

Ipod has 100s of doodads and other addons. dont think any MP3 player has that level of universal acceptability. that is the advantage of being the first mover.
Old 9th June 2006, 11:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash2757
ahem, Really a good topic,, Well 1st thing, Why all are mad for Ipod ?
What everyone has to say ?
Apple has made the iPOD experience so simple and uncomplicated. Also, in terms of product design, the iPOD is iconic. It makes you feel nice to own it. Other mp3 players are just players but an iPOD is an iPOD. Once you use it , you stay with it. Couple of my friends tried the Creative players but junked them and anyway went for iPODs.
Old 12th November 2006, 14:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

I'm a new convert.

Bought my first ever iPoD (60GB - the one which plays movie clips and stuff) yesterday (never went for it before as I always used my PDA Phones to listen to music on the go) as I was looking for a quick solution to carry all my music to my car and a CD changer no longer makes sense with its limited capacity.

I was blown away by the sheer simplicity of the whole device, the way it reeks of quality and the sheer attention to detail. Got a black iTrip + charger to go with my black iPod into my black car, stuffed the charger into the retractable ashtray which also carries a cigarette lighter slot and the only bit of wiring that sticks out is the FM Frequency selector and the remaining portion to the ipod itself, which is mounted on a Belkin leather holster (the only one in Black).

Sound quality is good, but I'd prefer an AV connection but am unsure if the car's OE blaupunk HU has an AV input in the back. It cant be taken out with regular HU pins, either so I have to wait till I get to my dealer.

I'm having trouble with the way music is arranged on my iPod, though. I've always used filenames and folders on windows to arrange music on my PC, but iTunes uses Album, Artist, Genre and other Tag information which I have never updated.

Need to sit and tag about 5,000 songs now - THAT is a serious challenge.
Old 12th November 2006, 17:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Sound quality is good, but I'd prefer an AV connection but am unsure if the car's OE blaupunk HU has an AV input in the back. It cant be taken out with regular HU pins, either so I have to wait till I get to my dealer.
With a cable, the sound quality will be far better. Which car is this? Maybe Blau has a AUX input cable for it.

I doubt that an OEM head unit will have AV input capability. You should be good with just an audio cable for the aux connection. Do you have video screens? If not, why bother with the video out?
Old 12th November 2006, 17:58   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Steer, I have a feeling you meant Aux in, not AV in. I believe that blaupunkt will have an auxilliary in cable for your head unit.
When you connect this, you will find a distinct rise in quality.

You will find iTunes a great tagging device. Using windows it's even simpler.

Let us say you have a music album which is not ID3 tagged. But in the same folder. iTunes may show it as track01 by unknown artist. However, using windows, select all, rightclick properties, advanced, you can enter the album name and artist name in one go for all the files in this folder, and it will be a ID3 tag, that iTunes will recognise and display. Post which, you only have to worry about entering the title of the song.

There are softwares like Dr. Tag, that make the process quite easy.
Old 12th November 2006, 18:21   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Do you have video screens? If not, why bother with the video out?
Sorry - my mistake. I meant RCA input, not AV as in Audio Video.

EDIT: Sam said the right words - Aux IN. I'm not much of an ICEr, as you can see.

However, I just realized that if I use the Aux Cable I wont be able to charge the iPod in the car (or can I?). My current iTrip charges and transmits at the same time through the same cable.

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th November 2006 at 18:29.
Old 29th December 2006, 08:04   #44

FM transmitter for mp3 player/ipod in car

i have an ipod and i am looking to buy a branded FM transmitter for my car as '2007 Accord Special Addition' does not come with an mp3 player and i cant afford to open up the new dashboard for installing mp3 player.

Can someone assist me in this??
Old 29th December 2006, 09:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

From my experience FM transmitters for the iPod are not worth it. There is a lot of interference from other radio sources. I bought one from an apple store and that thing picked up interference like crazy. What player do you have in your car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks