Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2006, 20:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

ICE costs @ Australia/Thailand

Most of the brands are imported into Oz and turn out to be pretty expensive... but if you hunt deals when the "massive/clearance/sale/blowouts" happen then one tends to get some prett good prices (close to USA prices).

Anyway my questions :

1) Prices in comparison to India ?
2) Australian Ice brands to look for ?
3) Wiring kits /RCA etc.

Also thought I would include my query about Bangkok in this thread itself. I allready know about it being the land of knockoffs and also close to genuine fakes (Talking rolexes.. hehe) but besides PERFORMANCE are there cheap ICE options there ? Iv noticed many of the cheaper unknown wiring kits are being sourced from China, and our guys here charge a bomb.

Thanks.

Ebay Australia, Wiring etc...

XS-BOSOUND-8-GAGE-COMPLETE-AMP-WIRING

p.s : All these queries are fuelled from the fact that I have been surfing eBay way too much and also my dads travelling overseas and he doesnt go too often.

Basically everything is availible in India as well but Im just curious about costs........ I might be lucky enough to travel sometime soon and if it means saving couple of thousand rupees shopping abroad then by all means I will go through all the customs, luggage pains. A saving of a couple of hundred rupees only means that I would choose to support our local economy instead

Last edited by s0uljah : 12th April 2006 at 20:18.
Old 13th April 2006, 11:18   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Most of the brands are imported into Oz and turn out to be pretty expensive... but if you hunt deals when the "massive/clearance/sale/blowouts" happen then one tends to get some prett good prices (close to USA prices)....
the biggest savings come from the HU. esp since it compact enough to be come is as part of your personal baggage.
Old 13th April 2006, 14:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Navin... Did you check the link to the BoSound wiring kit... I thought it was a pretty decent deal, of course quality of the components can only be ascertained at the time of installation.
Old 13th April 2006, 14:43   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Thanks Navin... Did you check the link to the BoSound wiring kit... I thought it was a pretty decent deal, of course quality of the components can only be ascertained at the time of installation.
that kit will wire up one 2 ch amp and one speaker to that amp (at best 2 speakers). not a bad deal for AUD10.
Old 13th April 2006, 14:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Navin it would cost approx AUD10 + Shipping(AUD10-15). So about AUD25 in total. Anyway Sam has organised a generous discount for us at SoundFactor on the Belden wiring

Now getting back on topic ........ Any others with shopping experience in the aforementioned places ?
Old 13th April 2006, 19:10   #6
Team-BHP Support

Sam is ultimate. I also think he is slightly mad (which does not matter as the thinks I am more than slightly mad). What is the per meter cost of this Belden. I am going run out of stock so I am thinking of getting a about 50m.
Old 14th April 2006, 12:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yeah our resident 'uncle' sam, sure is a little like Santa Hehhe
Navin, more in My PM to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks