Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2012, 14:08   #16
BHPian

Re: XUV500 ICE'ed - My white cheetah gets the much needed upgrade

Go to seasons 4 ( B&T ) or ramie who runs audio business in mumbai , they are famous for their ICE work . Just go and get it installed from them , they will get it installed at stock location without any cutting in dashboard .

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
since there are tweeters on the dashboard itself, is it possible to replace them with tweeters of component speakers? I too am thinking of comps for the front but don't quite like the idea of making any holes where it is not. also if you require to remove the dash completely for changing the tweeters, is it advisable to trust the audio guys to mess with the dash fitting? I generally hate messing with the original fittings as fear rattling due to improper fitting. but really need to change the OEM speakers and get my XUV iced properly.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 18:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
since there are tweeters on the dashboard itself, is it possible to replace them with tweeters of component speakers? I too am thinking of comps for the front but don't quite like the idea of making any holes where it is not. also if you require to remove the dash completely for changing the tweeters, is it advisable to trust the audio guys to mess with the dash fitting? I generally hate messing with the original fittings as fear rattling due to improper fitting. but really need to change the OEM speakers and get my XUV iced properly.
You can change the stock tweets with comps tweet however, you would need to take down the entire dashboard which i dont recommend. It will rattle for sure later on as anything removed and placed back will not be the same, unless you really damp them. And remember its Mahindra and not Ford/Skoda, so plastic's dashboard will be an issue.

Also the location of stock tweets are right below front glass hence facing directly to front glass. So if you install high end comps and place the tweets at that location, imaging will go for a toss.
So i would suggest if you dont want to cut anything, then place the tweets on the dashboard instead of stock location.
nitinralli is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 11:43   #18
BHPian

Now I feel it is time to add a subwoofer to the setup without compromising on the space. I've Focal Solid 4 amplifier. One option is to fit Powerbass SD12 which is available for 10k. Any reviews or other suggestions?
Old 30th October 2018, 17:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
Now I feel it is time to add a subwoofer to the setup without compromising on the space.
Hi,

Where did you get the work done in Pune ? I am from Pune any leads would be helpful. I am looking to-change the stock speakers with an under seat subwoofer of my Plush New XUV500.
Old 3rd November 2018, 22:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_3306 View Post
Hi,

Where did you get the work done in Pune ? I am from Pune any leads would be helpful. I am looking to-change the stock speakers with an under seat subwoofer of my Plush New XUV500.
Not sure if I am allowed to give direct references here. I will PM you the contact details. Hope that's ok.
Old 29th December 2018, 18:33   #21
BHPian

Ever since the original ICE installation back in 2011, I was always missing the bass effect and hence was looking for a practical subwoofer that will provide the missing bass without compromising the available space. After comparing most of the under-seat active subwoofers available in the world, I had finalised on Cerwin-Vega Mobile VPAS10 and I was planning to source it via my brother coming from US in the next month. Somehow, while searching further, I stumbled on Zoook Moto69 MonsterX1 on Amazon India and I was really impressed with its specs, price and reviews. After having used a bluetooth speaker made by Zoook earlier, I was happy with Zoook as a brand and hence took to plunge to go for it even if this is their first car audio product. Most of the under seat subwoofers are very old anyways so I assumed the technology is well matured and hence would be easy to copy for this new french company
6 guage wiring kit was used for installation and it was about 3 hours affair all together along with tuning post installation. I am really happy with the bass it produces to complete the sound stage and also the way it gelled with the rest of the ageing setup and enhanced my car acoustics to take it to the next level. Totally recommended if you are after a subwoofer that produces decent bass to complete the sound stage and don't expect it to produce heart pumping and headache causing bass!
DigitalSoul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 16:16   #22
BHPian

That's amazing Madhav.

I am also planning to have Zook MonsterX1. Just confused between myTVs, Hamaan and myTVs.

Can you please let me know where did you get it installed?

Would you mind if I request you for demo?
Old 1st February 2019, 12:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Many people here are from Pune, maybe we all can do a quick meet with all our ICE
Old 2nd February 2019, 05:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Many people here are from Pune, maybe we all can do a quick meet with all our ICE

Thought you are from Delhi.

I am meeting few XUV guys today to audition their setup.

The plan is to meet, do audition and then go to Car cupid around 11 for quotation.

This ICE thing is getting on my nerve and I want to close this chapter ASAP.
Old 2nd February 2019, 09:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post

Thought you are from Delhi.

I am meeting few XUV guys today to audition their setup.

The plan is to meet, do audition and then go to Car cupid around 11 for quotation.

This ICE thing is getting on my nerve and I want to close this chapter ASAP.
I have shifted to pune for some time.

Where is this car cupid. I could have joined if i had known little earlier.
Old 3rd February 2019, 10:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
That's amazing Madhav.

I am also planning to have Zook MonsterX1. Just confused between myTVs, Hamaan and myTVs.

Can you please let me know where did you get it installed?

Would you mind if I request you for demo?
I am ok for the demo today if you are still interested. I got it installed at a shop in Rasta Peth. You can find it with 'Pioneer In Car Entertainment Reco Car Kit' or 'Rasta Peth Car Audio' via Google search.
DigitalSoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 11:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I have shifted to pune for some time.

Where is this car cupid. I could have joined if i had known little earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
I am ok for the demo today if you are still interested. I got it installed at a shop in Rasta Peth. You can find it with 'Pioneer In Car Entertainment Reco Car Kit' or 'Rasta Peth Car Audio' via Google search.
I don't know how to connect with you guys. PM option does not appear for me. Any other way we can connect with each other. Can you guys PM me.?
Old 3rd February 2020, 22:11   #28
BHPian

Is this thread still live? I would like to get the long term review on the Zook monster and how it is performing till date. I am also planning to add a underseat sub to my XUV500.
Current setup is Audison APK 165 components in the front and Audison APK 6.5 coaxeals in the rear running on Sony XM-GS6 DsP with pioneer 12" enclosure. All doors and boot is completely damped using Focal + STP damping sheets. Sound output is amazing and much better compared to infinity and JBL's. These diliver audiofile quality output and is not super loud which I intended. Want to get rid of the enclosure and add a underseat so as to use the last row seats when needed without losing on the base.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks