Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 11:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Pioneer AVH-P8450BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
The Infinity components are not unbearably bright. You should have heard my previous set of JBLs. By comparison, gosh, the Pioneers were absolutely insane. BTW what speakers are you using?
I just got new ones one/two week back - Infinity Primus.
I made a comparison with JBL GT something.

The JBLs actually sounded better to me - but at loud volumes they were ear fatiguing (too much of "cupped mouth" sound).
So I picked the lesser of the two evils - bright tweeters that can be tamed by EQ.

LOL, but today when I look back - I think JBL comps would've made a better sense.

Tried to find JL and DLS etc - which are supposedly warm sounding (or at least flat without any boosts) - but couldn't find them.
Old 17th July 2012, 17:39   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I just got new ones one/two week back - Infinity Primus.
I made a comparison with JBL GT something.

The JBLs actually sounded better to me - but at loud volumes they were ear fatiguing (too much of "cupped mouth" sound).
So I picked the lesser of the two evils - bright tweeters that can be tamed by EQ.

LOL, but today when I look back - I think JBL comps would've made a better sense.

Tried to find JL and DLS etc - which are supposedly warm sounding (or at least flat without any boosts) - but couldn't find them.
I am going for an audition of Focals and Hertz on Fri or Sat this week. Will let you know what I think. I wont change unless there's a distinct improvement. For now the Infinity Refs are running flat without Loudness switched on and they sound pretty balanced and not harsh.

Another charming gimmick as I call it, is adjusting the LED backlighting colour for the Pioneer's buttons to match the lighting in your car - for e.g. in my car once the lights are switched on, all the AC/climate control and other buttons are highlighted with an orangish/yellow light. I could change the color on the set to match them as closely as possible. It does look pretty nice when you have matched colors. This is IMHO only.

But I reiterate this set is much, much better than the JVC 836 which sounded tinny..literally like hearing music that was coming out of a well. I really didn't suspect the head unit all these years, thinking it was the amp and speakers that were to blame. I'm so glad I switched.
Old 17th July 2012, 22:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I am going for an audition of Focals and Hertz on Fri or Sat this week. Will let you know what I think. I wont change unless there's a distinct improvement. For now the Infinity Refs are running flat without Loudness switched on and they sound pretty balanced and not harsh.

Another charming gimmick as I call it, is adjusting the LED backlighting colour for the Pioneer's buttons to match the lighting in your car - for e.g. in my car once the lights are switched on, all the AC/climate control and other buttons are highlighted with an orangish/yellow light. I could change the color on the set to match them as closely as possible. It does look pretty nice when you have matched colors. This is IMHO only.

But I reiterate this set is much, much better than the JVC 836 which sounded tinny..literally like hearing music that was coming out of a well. I really didn't suspect the head unit all these years, thinking it was the amp and speakers that were to blame. I'm so glad I switched.
freak! i have jvc kd-g325 (ultra old hu)
could that be adding to the high end?
Old 17th July 2012, 22:59   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
freak! i have jvc kd-g325 (ultra old hu)
could that be adding to the high end?
There's every possibility that could be the case. I for one had the same experience thru 2 different JVC generations albeit from the same model range.

Why don't you test audition a Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion or even a Blaupunkt if possible. Not sure of Kenwood.

I won't suggest a Sony or Panasonic please.

Last edited by R2D2 : 17th July 2012 at 23:01.
Old 20th July 2012, 20:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Though the question wasn't directed at me, I still wanted to share my experience with the Morel Maximos. I had heard them about an year back & they surely sounded harsh for my liking in terms of the high frequency sounds.
Thanks for replying mate! Ill make a decision after listening to them myself as I'm getting mixed opinions.
Old 20th January 2014, 21:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Back to the original discussion on the Pioneer AVH-8490BT, it supports a TV tuner - the Pioneer GEX-P5750TVP.
Has anyone tried using this TV tuner with the HU?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks