Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2006, 12:53   #16
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I had The Hyundai Cobra thingie ... then i got Crosslink Wheels fitted as the latter came with SHOCK sensor. the Remote is pretty funky with an LCD screen that shows the car doors and all it also has remote boot opener. The hyundai cobra i had , had a major range issue i could only use it from a distance of say 5 mtrs. The crosslink wheels thingie is much better in that respect.

@gunbir : i have heard that Ultrasoniq detectors are a nuisance as they keep buzzin falsely. is that true? and is it really worth it ? i mean i have shock sensor fitted so the car would make noise upon being touched or manhandled. And what do u think bout the Two-way systems available one of the dealers showed me silicon set for 11k it had a small cellphone like remote with two-way communications with the car.
Old 19th April 2006, 13:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
I had The Hyundai Cobra thingie ... then i got Crosslink Wheels fitted as the latter came with SHOCK sensor. the Remote is pretty funky with an LCD screen that shows the car doors and all it also has remote boot opener. The hyundai cobra i had , had a major range issue i could only use it from a distance of say 5 mtrs. The crosslink wheels thingie is much better in that respect.

@gunbir : i have heard that Ultrasoniq detectors are a nuisance as they keep buzzin falsely. is that true? and is it really worth it ? i mean i have shock sensor fitted so the car would make noise upon being touched or manhandled. And what do u think bout the Two-way systems available one of the dealers showed me silicon set for 11k it had a small cellphone like remote with two-way communications with the car.
The ultrasonic sensor has its own sensitivity setting (like your shock sensor) and since in India most installers tend to think all 'pot settings' (like amp gains) are meant to be run at full, they go overboard on the sensitivity settings and make the system ultra sensitive to motion or vibrations. So the next time bus passes your car, or a somebodys car door touches your car in the parking, your system starts blaring. If setup properly, you wont have false alarms.

Now while a shock sensor is supposed to kepp the intruder out of your car and sound the alarm BEFORE he gets into the car, an Ultrasonic sensor is a motion sensor that acts as a secondary line of defense, detecting the intruder once he's IN the car (assuming he has somhow managed to trick the door switches and shock sensor). You can have both in your system since they have different roles.

2way pager systems have been around for a while and at 11k I think they wont be around for long. GSM based products like Micro VBB and Chase are available from 10K onwards and will work through your cellphone even if you are on roaming somewhere on the other side of the planet.
Old 19th April 2006, 20:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai's Cobra (basic model) start at 6.5k with fitting charges.
Teh next one comes with IR sensor or so for 7.5k
The high end comes with touch sensor and stuff.

My friend used to complain abt the IR (or ultrasonic ?) sensor one he had. It used to give false alarm which he found was due to a damn house fly trapped in his car!
Old 16th May 2006, 15:04   #19
BHPian

That was a very useful stuff you have posted gunbir.

I have a doubt here. I got my Autocop fixed to my esteem from a Autocop Dealer on the JC Road a month ago. They don't give any bill or an invoice. The autocop is working fine and have not problem as of now.
I want to know if this is ok or have to get it fixed only in some show room with the bill?
please let me know.
Old 16th May 2006, 15:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I got Autocop installed in my new Accent. It came with Pull contact sensor. The model no is x500 something. Costed me 4000 bucks. As Gunbir mentioned, it only works if the security system is still working.

When I checked with Hyundai guy, he didn't show me any Cobra brand. But he did show somethink like Piranha (Or something like that). He mentioned it's another brand from Autocop. I thought it's not an original stuff. Later one of the well known accessories dealer in Hyd also showed the same thing when asked for basic model. The one I got has Autocop brand written over it.
Old 16th May 2006, 15:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
When I checked with Hyundai guy, he didn't show me any Cobra brand. But he did show somethink like Piranha (Or something like that)
Piranha is the basic range from Autocop. Even the cobra is manufatured by Autocop! Generally the hyundai dealers push cobra as its more expensive and is sold as Hyundai genuine acessory. I am sure autocop would give you more bang for the buck.
Old 18th May 2006, 23:58   #22
BHPian

hey gunbir definately the most important thread of them all!!
i have a getz and hav taken genuinly all accessories from the showroom!!
i got a central locking system from hyundai (rs5000)will tell you guyz the model later.it has some nice feature like shutting the damn reverse siren as well as silent entry!!
also it has a feature of putting ur headlight on in a combination of 2 buttons for 15 secs!!
also got the llumar/3m window film(rs1700)installed all four sides it protects the interioir as well as from the heat here in delhi ....
Old 22nd May 2006, 00:47   #23
BHPian

the security system is from hyundai 3iim,and the sunfilm is not llumar(correction) its 3m uv tints light greyish on all 4 sides......
Old 23rd May 2006, 16:34   #24
BHPian

Excellent thread guyz... i was wondering wether the auto cop, cobra....do they have websites or not....I looked in google for auto cop and cobra, could not find one....If any one knows their website pls post it...

regards
sharu
Old 27th June 2006, 08:21   #25
BHPian

10 on 10 for this thread......

To Gunbir and all..... I'll be installing a security system in my car (Santro 2004)..... I need it badly..... I can spend around Rs 10000..... tell me which one to go for..... in kolkata where to get it and where to install? from the dealer or from outside?
Old 27th June 2006, 08:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

donno if this is OT. For a Santro I think its better to get the company's security system. The high end one would be available within 10k.
Old 27th June 2006, 10:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Excellant thread Gunbir. keeping the volume low while entering a place where you would be parking your car is what even I have talked about in my Long Drive thread.

Btw having speakers on Parcel tray is kind of good for me as it hides the Sub below it
Old 28th June 2006, 09:01   #28
BHPian

Gunbir, can you share a peice of info with us that what are the tap-on connector gauge sizes required to install a security system. Also it wud be great if you can mention the number of such connectors required.
Old 28th June 2006, 09:03   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
donno if this is OT. For a Santro I think its better to get the company's security system. The high end one would be available within 10k.
jk I'll definitely have a look at the Hyundai's genuine accesories. But still anything else I can look at? Others any suggession?
Old 3rd July 2006, 15:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK
One more thing ,can I insure a system without bill or warranty.
I had got mine without a bill,as I wasnt aware of such things that time and went for a cheaper deal!! Usually I shop for my car and get the bill paid by my dad,but this time I took some cash and got the system into my car.

I have an insurance for my SONY HU[grey market] with Maruthi Insurance, at RNS Bangalore, for 12k-premium will be around 400Rs. without any bill/invoice, ask for this in MASS.

Most Viewed