Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 12:27   #46
BHPian

What is the best possible that I can keep my car safe.
I got preinstalled central locking system from Hyundai for Santro, I guess its from Autocop it has 3 buttons on it.
Old 17th May 2007, 18:32   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Secure the HU!!
Most installers install the head unit in the standard sleeve that comes with the HU. All thieves have the so called 'keys' required to unlock the HU and in a lot of cars its very easy to forcibly push out the HU by getting one hand behind the dash. If your car has a removable center facia (Getz, Optra etc), you need to ensure your HU is installed from behind the facia and held in place by screws (see the Getz thread). You can also attach a pull contact sensor to your HU and integrate it with your security system. So if someone yanks out your HU, he will set of the alarm. This is especially useful when you hand out your keys to strangers in Valet type situations. Here is what a pull contact sensor looks like:
Gunbir ji, Do you by any chance know how its installed in swift and how the installation was done at driven ?

Thanks
Old 13th June 2007, 10:08   #48
BHPian

i surely do need a central locking system for my car. Which model and company u guys suggest. And my car does not have power windows. So how would the system with auto window roll would work?
Old 13th June 2007, 11:38   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainak View Post
i surely do need a central locking system for my car. Which model and company u guys suggest. And my car does not have power windows. So how would the system with auto window roll would work?
I saw the Xenos kit a few days back and was quite impressed. I would recommend that over the others. I am also using Wheel (malaysian) in one of our cars and that too is quite good.

You can check out Xenos here

Last edited by gunbir : 13th June 2007 at 11:41.
Old 15th June 2007, 21:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainak View Post
I would recommend a system with body sensor. I had a dealer installed Nippon system (Maruti authorized) and also window relays. I love that auto window rolling! Uses are multi fold- security, convenience/comfort, helps keep the cabin clean- overall a "cool" feature. But I don't see how it will work without power windows, though.
Old 18th June 2007, 10:17   #51
BHPian

if u dont have power windows then u better just go for xenos firewall 200. The other versions are 250 and 350. xenos 250 has immobilizer. Xenos 350 has impact sensors. I feel both of them are not reqd coz they both will screw u up sooner or later. Imagine immobilzer fails and u can't even start the car. Impact sensor failing would cause the alarm to go off all the while.
Old 5th November 2007, 05:45   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
NIP : Read your story and figured out who you are !!! You had mentioned this to me about 4 years ago... anyway guess what, same thing happened to Jaideep
There's a familiar name! Would it be Jaideep from Bombay who had a car shop on the top of Black Cadillac in the early 90s?! Holy Cow! He's a friend of the whole extended distant family!!

If he's here on the board would you kindly PM him or PM me?
Old 8th May 2008, 00:04   #53
BANNED

Does buying a HU with detachable front panel help in keeping the thieves at bay?
How secure are these types of HU?
Old 6th April 2009, 11:33   #54
BANNED

Hey,
I got the bills from Blaupunkt and requested to Add to my insurace when i renewed this time.My insurance is from Maruti(national). The sterio, amp, bass tube and 4 speakers from Blaupunkt cost as per bill is around 26k. Maruti is charging around Rs.1200 for the extra for the insurance.

Reading other peoples expience i think its better to be safe than sorry.

I had experience of my bike n my omni stollen from New Delhi. So i cant take anymore chances.

The best option is to take HU along when parking. Without HU unit no theif would take the sterio. More over when you claim insurace i think they would ask why you didnt take the HU with you. Its the inbuilt safety feature.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th April 2009 at 19:18. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 21st April 2009, 08:51   #55
BANNED

what is the expected insurance premium for ICE amounting to Rs.55k? and how much is the depreciation?
Old 12th July 2009, 13:51   #56
BHPian

I added 50000/- Rs for my ICE setup in second year renewal premium and it went up only by 32/- Rs.
Old 9th August 2009, 20:01   #57
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Does buying a HU with detachable front panel help in keeping the thieves at bay? How secure are these types of HU?
diabloo,

A HU with a detachable faceplate is IMO one of the simplest and most effective ways to beat theft. If you judiciously remove the faceplate when you park your car in risky areas, give it to the valet and in other such situations, all you have to do is remove the faceplate and carry it with you.

A thief will not steal the HU as that will have no value whatsoever without the panel.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 15th September 2009, 14:16   #58
BHPian

Guys, Yesterday, A thief gained access to my neighbor's indigo through the rear window by braking it and made away with a Basic Sony HU with CD player, The car had a basic security system installed, So he entered the car through the window without triggering the door alarm, and made away with the HU, I believe the security system did not have the audio security feature.

I'm scared now cos' i park my car in the same basement, I even did a mock test on my car's security, I engaged the alarm, tried removing the HU, and there's a black wire connected from the HU to the security system, I disconnected the black wire from the HU and the alarm rang for 5 mins.

I remove the HU's faceplate and take it home,
Should i be doing something to protect my car's ICE?

P.S- I have the hyunda's cobra secirity system installed by the showroom folks with all proper connections. It has remote lock/unlock, auto lock after 1min. No shock sensors or ultrasonic feature.

Check this: Will it help? Or how about a fake sticker on the window saying "immobilizer and audio security installed"??

Last edited by akshay_b : 15th September 2009 at 14:25.
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:30   #59
BHPian

security

great post gunbir sir,

will keep in mind the things pointed out by you.
one of the best threads i have ever gone through

regards
SINGH
Old 4th January 2010, 23:04   #60
BHPian

stereo face unit stolen

My detachable face unit of Sony BT Mex3600U has been stolen in the night from my UVA car which though has central lock system fitted by the GM dealer. Similar incidents have been reported in recent weeks from our area (Dwarka, delhi). May be i was careless that day not to have taken it along with me after locking the car.
Is it possible to enter the car even with central lock on?

Is it possible to buy another face unit (the main control unit that can be removed) of this type Sony BT.
would be obliged if someone can help me find one in Delhi. Even a second hand unit will do, as rest of my system is intact.
rgds/pradeep

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks