Team-BHP - Lancer ICE - Installation & Tuning Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Lancer ICE - Installation & Tuning Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/123977-lancer-ice-installation-tuning-queries.html)

Guys i have a JBL sub powered by a 4 channel 700 watts pioneer amp, hertz DSK 165 powered by 2 channels of the amp and a focal 2 way 6/9". All of this driven by a sony ancestral HU. things were ok till I added the sub and powered the components with the Amp. Now the speakers are jarring at 20+ volume and sounds terrible.

JKdas recently recommended damping, but i have heard better setups in lancer without damping, i just wanted to know if i do damping first and then upgrade the HU and power the rear as well with an amp? or tweak the setup first, adjusting gain excreta (note the sound stage is now from the back)

Please recommend

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 2850480)
... sony ancestral HU. ... excreta ...

LOL Hilarious! clap: Of course you should check the second expression - I am sure you didn't mean to write *that*.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 2850480)
... Now the speakers are jarring at 20+ volume and sounds terrible. ...

Not the fault of the sub directly. Sounds like your system wasn't tuned well, or at all, after adding the sub. Also, in your situation IMHO you should take out the Pio amp driving the sub, drive the sub from the rear 2 channels bridged of the main 4 channel amp, and drive the 6x9 coaxials from the HU. With this, you will be forced to tune the system properly.

When tuning, play some music you are familiar with, keep the volume at the HU to a moderate level (you should be able to hear the rears comfortably in the rear seat), adjust the gain of the front channels till you hear them comfortably in the front seat (and don't hear the rears so much). Then, adjust the sub gain till you just feel it (reducing slightly makes that feeling go away). Increase the volume gradually higher and check if the effect is the same, adjusting gain if required. After you feel that the system plays as you want it to, increase the sub gain a tad if you like more bass.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 2850755)
LOL Hilarious! clap: Of course you should check the second expression - I am sure you didn't mean to write *that*.

Stupid Spell check..

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 2850755)
Not the fault of the sub directly. Sounds like your system wasn't tuned well, or at all, after adding the sub.

This is exactly what i suspected, my car has a problem, the amp is placed in a not so user friendly location, the factory damping is so good that i cannot sit in the boot and listen to the front or rear. But where there is a will there is a way.

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 2850792)
... But where there is a will there is a way ...

Correct. Do it *even if* you have coerce someone from your family to help in the tuning process. They could listen in the rear seat for the correct level, and if shown how they can turn the amp gain knob slowly till your hear the optimum. For the sub you will have to do a bit of back and forth, since the boot lid has to be closed for tuning the sub gain.

are the fronts or the rears jarring?
and what was the earlier setup?