Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2016, 18:40   #271
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Any specific question I will answer.
Thanks a lot TaureanBull.

It answers most of my questions and this has all that I am looking for.

Few additional ones:
- Does it work with iPhones?
- How many phones can be connected?
- The model is available on snapdeal, amazon etc but without steering controls and reverse camera (MRP around 31k after discount 25k), is it any good? but I want steering controls and reverse camera as well
- Where do you fix the rear view camera? Outside or inside?
- I am in Bangalore, not sure if the Nissan dealer does the job

Thanks again.
Old 22nd December 2016, 18:56   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Thanks a lot TaureanBull.

It answers most of my questions and this has all that I am looking for.

Few additional ones:
- Does it work with iPhones?
- How many phones can be connected?
- The model is available on snapdeal, amazon etc but without steering controls and reverse camera (MRP around 31k after discount 25k), is it any good? but I want steering controls and reverse camera as well
- Where do you fix the rear view camera? Outside or inside?
- I am in Bangalore, not sure if the Nissan dealer does the job

Thanks again.
1. IPhone I have not checked since I have Android phones. Needs to be specifically checked. It does mention that all Android phones not compatible. No word about iPhone.
2. How many phones? Need to check the manual if it mentions that.
3. This model comes without those controls and reverse camera. Those are additional fitments. Need to be procured separately. The model just comprise of head unit, remote and wiring. Frame, Bluetooth controller, reverse camera and controller for steering controls are separate purchases. Therefore it would make sense to buy all items from the dealer directly who will also install the system. Not sure if any dealer would like to install a system bought online. As it is buying online has no advantage.
4. Reverse camera is on the rear bumper. Can post the pic tomorrow.
5. Bangalore will definitely have dealers to fit this system. Nissan dealer may not have it. The Renault dealer wanted to Palm off MMI AVN to me which I declined.
Old 22nd December 2016, 19:58   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
4. Reverse camera is on the rear bumper. Can post the pic tomorrow.
Pls post the picture of rear camera installation.

I will look for some dealer at Bangalore for this model.

Thanks again TaureanBull.
Old 25th December 2016, 01:27   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Pls post the picture of rear camera installation.

I will look for some dealer at Bangalore for this model.

Thanks again TaureanBull.
Hi Hummer,
I personally haven't gotten anything done from the Nissan Showrooms in Bangalore as I feel they generally charge a lot more than the shops outside.
But, having said that I did see a decked out Nissan Terrano when I was picking mine up done by Surya Nissan at their show room on Hosur Road.
The after market audio units that they try selling are Blaupunkt units.
You can possibly try speaking to them.
If you are open to other companies I am using a JVC unit and it does all that you ask for minus the navigation part.
Old 28th December 2016, 10:35   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
If you are open to other companies I am using a JVC unit and it does all that you ask for minus the navigation part.
Thank you akshar890, I will try calling Surya Nissan.

I am ok for any brand but looking for all-in-one model, so that I don't use my smartphone while driving for calls / navigation etc.
Old 2nd March 2017, 15:39   #276

hi all,
I have been looking forward to replace my stock speaker setup in my Renault Duster since long time and had been ardently following this thread as well as the sound deadening thread.
I have received Plok Audio Db5251 5.25" component speakers and Db521 5.25" coaxial speakers which i intend to replace with the stock speakers, where i will be placing the component speakers in the front and the coaxials in the rear.

I do have few queries which i hope can be cleared here.

1. Do i need to do any thing extra to fit the 5.25" speakers? (Ex.spacers, cutting or poly fill)
2. Can any one suggest me a decent 2.1 channel amp along with a sub woofer.
3. I am looking forward to fix the tweeters as per the image given below which do involve cutting the plastic. In this case do we need any clamps to hold the tweeters from coming out? or is it suggested that i don't cut the plastic and place the tweeters on the top .
ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano-1.jpg

ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano-11.jpg

I am also looking forward to dampen the doors as done by few but I am looking towards the cheaper alternatives which are with in 5k range like using the bitumen sheets or yoga mats or a combination of both. How effective it would be? I would really appreciate the opinion of the experienced here.
iwanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 18:16   #277
BHPian

After owing Carlos (my Terrano XLD Plus) for close to 3.5 years, finally took a plunge and upgraded the speakers.

Head Unit - no change (contemplating a change, but not sure if now is the right time for it)
Front Speakers - Rockford Fosgate Components 6.5 in Prime Series R165-S
Rear Speakers - Rockford Fosgate Coaxials 6,5 inc Prime Series R675
Blaupunkt 4 channel Amp EMA 455

Entire Set up was done at Kalra Accessories, Gurgaon. Overall a satisfactory experience , bot they took ~3.5 hrs for the entire setup.

Total setup (along with Amp kit, couplers, etc.) burnt a small hole in my pocket (~20k), but i think its worth it given how bad the stock speakers were.

Planning to add a subwoofer to add-in that missing thump. Suggestions?

Its a little OT, but also upgraded the headlights by replacing stock bulbs with Philips XV plus (Osram was not available anywhere offline). Its a good upgrade but I still found it insufficient during the long drive over the weekend.

Thanks.
Old 31st May 2017, 15:34   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanderer View Post
hi all,

3. I am looking forward to fix the tweeters as per the image given below which do involve cutting the plastic. In this case do we need any clamps to hold the tweeters from coming out? or is it suggested that i don't cut the plastic and place the tweeters on the top .
Attachment 1614922

Attachment 1614923
Hey Wanderer!

I too have recently purchased a Duster and am looking to Install components the way you wanted (in the sail panel) as per your image. I have been asking a few installers but they don't want to try it. But it just looks like an OEM install so I am keen.

I was wondering if you figured an installer who got it done for you.

I did some digging online and found a video on youtube that shows how its done.

If you have already done the install, please let me know as I am interested in getting the same thing done.

Thanks

JM
Old 17th July 2018, 02:21   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raibat View Post
Thank you all for all the help and advice. Went ahead with the Kappa and added in a 4 channel AMP too. Sounds really good, Clear crisp sound and i can actually hear the different instruments clearer than ever. Bass is decent for a 5.25". Overall quite satisfied with the setup. Would have however would have liked it to have been a tad less bright.
Hi Raibat,
Thanks for sharing the details of your setup. Since its been a while you posted this, May I ask how has been your experience with Infinity Kappa 50.11 Comps and would you recommend it or something else ? Also, from where did your source it and other components?

Last edited by ampere : 21st June 2019 at 06:55. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 21st June 2019, 02:11   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
After owing Carlos (my Terrano XLD Plus) for close to 3.5 years, finally took a plunge and upgraded the speakers.
Hi Phoenix_Nemo, my cousin (based in delhi) has a similar model, Terrano XLD 2014 and did the ICE upgrade. He added Sony Headunit with Polk components and Boston co-axials along with Pioneer 12" champion series + boxed sub and 4 channel amp. Very happy with the overall output although he did share a bit of disappointment with a local amp due to budget constraints.
To my experience the oomph is definitely there

Happy to connect you with him incase required.

Last edited by ampere : 21st June 2019 at 06:56. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 27th August 2019, 11:57   #281
Senior - BHPian

I have installed this Android head unit in my duster RXZ AMT 2017 model .

https://kwidcarsolution.in/product/7...aptur-2gb32gb/

It is a direct plug and play ,OE rear cam , OE steering remote buttons work directly with the system.

Existing GPS antenna can be connected and used google maps/other , the unit also came with a GPS antenna , in case the car variant does not have 1 built in.

Bunch of apps , skins , launchers are available from play store as well.

Overall pretty much satisfied with the install .

Anyone looking to try out android for their Duster/Kwid can surely go for it.
Old 15th June 2020, 13:50   #282
Senior - BHPian

BHPian JKDS and myself got ourselves an AWD each last September. It was an impulse buy for me since the PH3 ones were not available in RXZ. We both upgraded our ICE however keeping in mind the warranty didnt want to tinker around much.

We both got Focal Integration series components in the front and coaxials in the rear. These are 5.25 inches and are great speakers for the size.

There are a couple of differences in the rest of the setup for us.
JKDS went ahead and changed his head unit as well to Blaupunkt New York 750 to take advantage of the AA and ACP. That changed the output of the speakers drastically. It was so evident since I did not and had the factory headunit.

The reason I didnot want to spend much was because I have great setup in my Civic and am contemplating selling the car. The Civic has an Audison LRX amp, Rainbow Soundline components in the front and Rainbow Dreamlines at the rear. If I sell the Civic, the plan is to move them to the Duster. However, thats when Bhpian Delix said that he has an Xenos Underseat Active Sub lying unused with him and if I was interested. I jumped at the opportunity and he had it sent from Kolkata through BHPIan Myth_sx who was travelling then by road from Kolkata to Spiti and was going to spend a night at my place in Delhi.

The sub was fixed in a couple of days by bridging it with the speakers. There was an immediate change in the output of the speakers. Not sure if the internal amp of the sub started providing power to the speakers or not, however whatever it is, it helped and I am happy with the current setup. It's not great, but a pretty decent SQ setup. All work was done at Driven for both the cars.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 15th June 2020 at 13:53.
Old 9th September 2021, 15:27   #283
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread, didn't want to create a new one, hence posting here:

I planned to upgrade the OEM speakers on my Duster turbo ever since I bought it, hence bought 2 sets of JBL GTO529 5.25 inch coaxials (4 speakers) from Flipkart, for both the front door and rear door setup. Pics given for comparison.

The front replacement was an exact fit, used the speaker harness adaptor (bought from Amazon) to prevent any wire cutting.

Fired up the audio and the quality of audio definitely went up. Felt ecstatic and tried to replace the rear speakers, but found out that the rear door cavity was not spacious enough for the speakers (bummer). Somehow fixed it with the long screws and fired it up, but found out that the output wasn't the same, maybe because it didn't fit in completely in the rear door cavity. So went back to the OEM's in the rear. Purchased another set of Sony XS-FB132E 5.25 inch coaxials (pic attached) and was very happy they fitted perfectly into the rear door cavity. So with one speaker fitted to the right rear door, fired up the Medianav again but to my surprise the OEM speaker on the left rear door was sounding WAY better than the Sony on the right . So, out went the Sony and back to the OEM setup again on the rear doors.

Respected audiophiles, what could be the reason for branded speakers not sounding better than the OEM at the rear? Any suggestions for any other brand of coaxials is most welcome, but it should be a direct fit because I don't want to make any alterations that could void the warranty.

Another thing is that because I bought the speakers online, they can only be replaced and not returned. So I'm stuck with 7k worth of unused coaxials (a set of JBL, and another of Sony) with me.

The overall quality of audio in the cabin has definitely improved by just changing the front door speakers. I'm just dreaming about the possibility of taking it up a notch further by replacing the rear OEM setup. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano-img20210817111252.jpg  

ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano-img20210817111222.jpg  

ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano-img20210907171827.jpg  

Old 9th September 2021, 16:50   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3r1ckblu3 View Post
The overall quality of audio in the cabin has definitely improved by just changing the front door speakers. I'm just dreaming about the possibility of taking it up a notch further by replacing the rear OEM setup. Any help is appreciated.
My 2 cents. Would you really want to change the rear speakers if it is sounding good? To me, the rears are just fills and might not bring in a big difference in the overall staging. Of course you might hear a difference if you fade out totally to rear but in normal usage it is mostly front staging. If there is a possibility with Amazon or the seller, you can actually use that money to change to component speakers for the front and leave the rears OEM
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 17:06   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
My 2 cents. Would you really want to change the rear speakers if it is sounding good? To me, the rears are just fills and might not bring in a big difference in the overall staging. Of course you might hear a difference if you fade out totally to rear but in normal usage it is mostly front staging. If there is a possibility with Amazon or the seller, you can actually use that money to change to component speakers for the front and leave the rears OEM
Thank you for providing a very useful insight. While waiting for the replies, I did a little bit of research myself on this treasure trove of a forum, and found out that there's indeed something called front staging and that could be the reason why even the branded speakers don't sound better than the OEM at the rear.

Do you think upgrading the Headunit would bring life to the rear setup? I can save and go for a Pioneer in that case. I don't want to do any additional wiring and install a woofer etc. Just want a direct fit of all the required equipments to make the cabin experience better in terms of audio output.

TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks