Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 12:39   #16
BHPian

re: ICE for the Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
Caska includes navigation. Planning to talk to Caska and get a demo. If found acceptable , thinking of changing to the same.

Alibaba link I had noticed. They sell in bulk ie 4 pieces in one carton kinda !
Also I guess the model they mention is for the left hand driver version. Not sure.

Any idea, the effect of changing the HU on warranty. I don't want to spoil the 4 yrs Renault offers !.
I have the same question, I am hoping, Renault dealer himself supply these accessories (like Toyota does support caska units), then we can get it fitted from dealer.
Old 11th October 2012, 21:14   #17
BHPian

Some one bought Duster from Coimbatore who had Caska dealer fitted. So, it will not void any warranty, I guess.
Old 12th October 2012, 10:14   #18
BHPian

Warranty willl never get void if use adapters for attaching aftermarket head units , these adapters are easily available in market at just 100 rupees . As long as no cutting of wires are there warranty will never get void . Dealers are just trying to fool the customers .
Old 14th November 2012, 15:12   #19
BHPian

Not much activity on this thread for long. However, can someone suggest how is the output quality of JBL GTO S590 componenet speakers? I am planning to install these in front with a 4 channel amp and would add rear speakers a little later due to budget constraints.
Are component speakers a good ides for rear also as lot of people here use co axial etc for rear and component for front.

Also any other suggestion within the budget of 12K

Thanks.
Old 14th November 2012, 22:14   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit
Not much activity on this thread for long. However, can someone suggest how is the output quality of JBL GTO S590 componenet speakers? I am planning to install these in front with a 4 channel amp and would add rear speakers a little later due to budget constraints.
Are component speakers a good ides for rear also as lot of people here use co axial etc for rear and component for front.
Having not this particular model I can't say but JBL usually offers good value for your money. One of the reasons some members prefer coax speakers in the rear is that the rear seats might be seldom used. Another reason is that if the rear speaker is a component speaker the rear tweeter is often close to the front listeners ear Than the front tweeter and this might skew the imaging for the front passengers,

If you intend to install a component in the rear make sure the tweeters are as far away from the ears of the front passengers and angled towards the rear passengers so that the front passengers are off axis.

Last edited by navin : 6th April 2017 at 15:45.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 10:24   #21
BHPian

Has anyone here changed the HU after considering caska etc? If yes can you post pictures and confirm that the steering controls still work?

The consensus decision on this thread seems to be change speakers, maybe add an amp (with a converter since no pre outs) - but leave the HU be?
Old 6th December 2012, 11:06   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Has anyone here changed the HU after considering caska etc? If yes can you post pictures and confirm that the steering controls still work?

The consensus decision on this thread seems to be change speakers, maybe add an amp (with a converter since no pre outs) - but leave the HU be?
I am in the same boat.
I got quote for Caska is 52K (though facebook shows 49.9K)
One of the option is go with 2013 pioneer model with advanced app mode where you can see iphone/google maps on screen but it need adaptor to make steering wheel controls work.
I was told the price of adaptor is 7500 but it will come down by big margin in next few months.
One thing for sure, the system in Duster sucks.
The radio is big joke, i remember my childhood days of hearing ceylone which audio level change based on air direction or up and down.
The USB is okay and again Bluetooth, I dont want to talk
Old 7th December 2012, 12:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
I am in the same boat.
I got quote for Caska is 52K (though facebook shows 49.9K)
One of the option is go with 2013 pioneer model with advanced app mode where you can see iphone/google maps on screen but it need adaptor to make steering wheel controls work.
I was told the price of adaptor is 7500 but it will come down by big margin in next few months.
One thing for sure, the system in Duster sucks.
The radio is big joke, i remember my childhood days of hearing ceylone which audio level change based on air direction or up and down.
The USB is okay and again Bluetooth, I dont want to talk
50K is WAY too much for what Caska offers... is this price including any dash-kits etc that will be required? A double din is not a simple fit into the existing dash, is it?

BTW Have you tried just amping the head unit? Im getting delivery next week - wondering if amping and new speakers will solve the problem...

I'm for sure not dropping 60K on caska or Pioneer + dash kit... let me know what you come up with to fix this..!
Old 7th December 2012, 19:50   #24
BHPian

Caska unit is OE fit, you don't need adaptor and enclosure (frame) that saves about 9K. I think no warranty issue (no wires cut)

Amp helps but not good enough at least for my taste.
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 12:14   #25
BHPian

Hi all,

Planning to upgrade the ICE of my RxZ. So, the idea is to get a pair of components for the front, co-axials mounted in enclosures for the rear and a decent 4 channel amp.

I have a pair of Blaupunkt 6x9 Co-axials (BGx 693 HP) mounted in enclosures with me which may be used as the rear speakers. These will be mounted below the front seats so as to utilize the space inside the car.
http://www.blaupunkt.de/index.php?id...fproducts2_pi1[view]=1461&no_cache=1&L=1

I have almost rounded upon Blaupunkt GTA-4 Special Amp which a local vendor in my town has quoted Rs.8,000/-. Connection will be made vide a Hi-Lo convertor which is the only way to do it with the OEM ICE system. Please do suggest any other name which comes to your mind at this price tag. I believe these are good enough for my audience who listen to a very vivid playlist which comprises of the artists from Pink Floyd to KJ Yesudas.
http://www.blaupunkt.de/index.php?id...fproducts2_pi1[view]=1475&no_cache=1&L=1
Also, do suggest a mounting location in the duster which will not hamper utility in any fashion now that the space under the font seats are being used by the co-axial enclosures.

Now that leaves us with the front speakers. Honestly, I have no clue regarding which speakers to go with. I have a budget of Rs.8,000/- again here. I have Infinity Kappa Kappa 60.11cs in mind but not so sure of the availability or the cost.
http://eu.infinitysystems.com/infini...pa-6011cs.html

Also uncertain are the size of the Components. I don't know whether to go with 5.25" or 6.5". I would like to stick with the stock size or the maximum permissible size with no modifications as I prefer not to invite rattles in the future. Please recommend the best components to go for in this price range. Also, which is the best place to mount the cross overs?

Please do share your thoughts.

Last edited by sharanvenu : 20th December 2012 at 12:16. Reason: Typo Error
Old 20th December 2012, 13:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
... Blaupunkt 6x9 Co-axials (BGx 693 HP) mounted in enclosures ... mounted below the front seats ...
Good idea, if they fit there!

Quote:
... I have almost rounded upon Blaupunkt GTA-4 Special Amp which a local vendor in my town has quoted Rs.8,000/-. ... any other name which comes to your mind at this price tag. ...
Should be ~6K, like any other 4-channel amp of this level: Kenwood, JBL, Pioneer etc. (Sony is cheaper, and understandably worse)

Quote:
... Also, do suggest a mounting location in the duster which will not hamper utility ...
On one side of the boot, out of harm's way. Make sure the input RCA cables and power cables are not routed near each other, till near the amp - you will get noise problems otherwise. Route the power near the door sill, and the RCA near the center spline.

Quote:
... budget of Rs.8,000/- again here. I have Infinity Kappa Kappa 60.11cs in mind ... Also uncertain are the size of the Components. I don't know whether to go with 5.25" or 6.5" ... Also, which is the best place to mount the cross overs? ...
Stock location on doorpads is 5.25", though 6.5" can be mounted from outside (grill projects 0.75" out of the door pad, not a bad idea). Mount the XOs (cross-overs) within the door cavity, ensuring a. apply vaseline on the exposed terminals and b. enclose the XO in a good clear plastic cover, and seal with a tie-strap.

Decent 6.5" components (JBL, Infinity, Boston, Polk, Auditor etc.) would cost ~6K. If you want to restrict yourself to stock 5.25", you have to search patiently - not many dealers stock even if a model is available. Infinity Kappa would be >9K, and I am not sure if it comes in 5.25" in India.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 22:29   #27

Looking to just upgrade the speakers without any drilling/cutting.

How good do you reckon these are when compared to the stock speakers? They cost around 4.5-5K for a set of four.
http://www.sony.co.in/product/xs-gt16422

Also I believe this is the same size as the stock speakers.
Old 9th January 2013, 11:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdunkaroos View Post
Looking to just upgrade the speakers without any drilling/cutting.

How good do you reckon these are when compared to the stock speakers? They cost around 4.5-5K for a set of four. ...
You are better off retaining the OE speakers - these can't be called 'upgrade'.

The stock size is 5.25". Please search around, you will get far better speakers - the price is likely to be ~7-8K. For that you would get a pair of components in front, and a pair of coaxes in the rear door.
Old 9th January 2013, 13:09   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
You are better off retaining the OE speakers - these can't be called 'upgrade'.

The stock size is 5.25". Please search around, you will get far better speakers - the price is likely to be ~7-8K. For that you would get a pair of components in front, and a pair of coaxes in the rear door.
Apologies I posted the wrong link, these are the speakers:
http://www.sony.co.in/product/xs-gtf13272

5.25" or around 13cms, but since you say these are not much of an upgrade could you please point me in the right direction to speakers of this size, budget being 10k for all four.
Old 9th January 2013, 13:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdunkaroos View Post
... Apologies I posted the wrong link, these are the speakers: ...
Sony doesn't make good car speakers. Even Pioneer and JVC are better!

Look for Infinity Primus / Reference 130mm / 5.25" components for front, and round coaxials of the same model for rear doors. An alternative would be 6x9 ovals in the hatch, but you will have to change that door pad to an MDF one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks