Team-BHP - ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/125180-ice-upgrade-renault-duster-nissan-terrano.html)

Hello gurus,

I'm looking to replace the stock speakers of my Renault Duster ASAP. I need a set of speakers that have good base, middle, treble and good surround sound. I listen to various genres of music, mostly that have a lot of different components and instruments in it. I want the speakers to make those components sound distinguished and yet give a crisp combined sound. I think you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm a newbie in ICE and don't understand most of the jargon being discussed around here!

Importantly, I don't want any holes drilled in my car. I'm looking for speakers that would comfortably replace the stock speakers in my car and give the intended sound. I have a max. budget of 10k.

Also, would I be getting any reimbursement for the stock speakers installed on my car?

Here are some pictures to give an idea of the size and shape of the stock speakers:

ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano-image3734875568.jpg

ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano-image2169407527.jpg

Also, it would be great if any of you'll would know any ICE dealers in Jaipur who could give me a good deal on this!

Thanks a bunch!

Nilesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by gennius
I'm looking to replace the stock speakers of my Renault Duster ASAP....Importantly, I don't want any holes drilled in my car.. I have a max. budget of 10k. Also, would I be getting any reimbursement for the stock speakers installed on my car?
Nilesh

1. Your local ICE dealer would know which size fits the Duster best. Speaker sizes are almost standard and most good speakers come with mounting holes,that allow you to the speaker is almost any car. I would ask friends if they can recommend an ICE dealer in your area.

2. At best you can expect a few rupees for the old stock speakers. Mostly they will fetch you nothing.

You wont get anything for your stock speakers.
I think you can get an entry level pair of components for the front doors and coaxials for the rear doors in 10k. If you up the ante to about 16k, you can even add an amp in between and get really good sound quality. No need for a sub if you don't mind missing out on the lower frequencies.

No suggestions for any brands from anybody. Sorry for hijacking the thread but I too am in need for the exact same thing- a good speaker system set up for my Renault duster. The audio sounds pretty bad in stock condition. So would like to know if it's worth adding a good pair of speakers?
Somebody told me that without adding an amp that wouldn't make much of a difference. Is it so? If yes then what amp and speakers system do you suggest. Thanks in advance guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isldhn (Post 2884351)
No suggestions for any brands from anybody. ...Somebody told me that without adding an amp that wouldn't make much of a difference. Is it so? If yes then what amp and speakers system do you suggest. Thanks in advance guys.

Speakers (10-15K for 2 pairs) : JBL, Blaupunkt, Infinity, Polk, Boston ....
4 ch. amp Amp (6-7K): Kenwood, Pioneer, JBL....

If you get an amp you will also need to pay for RCA wires and power cables.

Hi,
I have put Rockford Prime component in front and coaxil in the back,Cervin Vega subs and a rockford prime 4 channel amp.
The HU was left intact.Got my ICE setup at EVO and sounds much better than the stock speakers.
The whole thing with wires came to 26K

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 2876041)
If you up the ante to about 16k, you can even add an amp in between and get really good sound quality. No need for a sub if you don't mind missing out on the lower frequencies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 2884683)
4 ch. amp Amp (6-7K): Kenwood, Pioneer, JBL....

If you get an amp you will also need to pay for RCA wires and power cables.

Does the stock HU have preouts for an amp or is this something like line level?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 2886905)
Does the stock HU have preouts for an amp or is this something like line level?

Modern OEM (Stock) HUs usually only have speaker level out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 2890873)
Modern OEM (Stock) HUs usually only have speaker level out.

Yeah, that's what I though. Then where do the RCA wires come in if only speaker level out is present?

How does the amp, connect to the head unit?

One uses a Line Output (a.k.a. High to Lo) Converter. This connects to the Speaker Out connections (FL, FR, RL, RR) and converts to ~0-2V p-p signal at RCA sockets. One connects RCA cables going to the amp to these sockets.

Navin, it actually depends on the OE HU manufacturer. The European ones usually have at least 1 Pre-out terminated at the rear rectangular connectors - one needs an adapter to take it out to RCA sockets.

Hi all,
My new Duster 8ps RxL (O) is due for delivery shortly. When I took a test drive I found the audio below par. Perhaps, because the other cars I own, already have branded products installed (Alpine in the Optra & Blaupunkt in the Punto).

The guy in the Renault showroom was all at sea when I asked him about the audio in the Duster but in any case I wasn't impressed by the audio quality after my test drive.

Are there any Team-BHPians out here who have modified the audio on their Dusters? I'd like some inputs on how to go about it. I have never modified an OEM audio yet because I always got the full option version of the cars I chose to buy. This is my first SUV after 15 years (my Tata Sierra didn't come with an inbuilt audio) so I'm little confused here stupid:.

Any inputs are welcome,

Thanks,

Rajesh

Caska has released an HU with navigation for Duster.
I had contacted them on FB and they have affirmatively said that it supports the OEM steering controls of Duster.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Caska...7202477?ref=ts
@50K it looks costly though !
Still need to get a good speaker system along with it.

Changed my Duster front speakers with Boston component costing 7000/- now the sound is really superb. Initially thought to change the back speakers too costing 2000/- but it sounds good even without changing the back ones.

While playing the memory stick through the HU it always plays from the 1st song and not from where it left whenever i restart the engine from OFF position why is it so?

Am i missing anything friends can you solve this problem I am tired of this. When this same memory stick is played ANHC it reads from where it left whenever i restart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pradeepkm (Post 2909671)
Caska has released an HU with navigation for Duster.
I had contacted them on FB and they have affirmatively said that it supports the OEM steering controls of Duster.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Caska...7202477?ref=ts
@50K it looks costly though !
Still need to get a good speaker system along with it.

Does it include navigation system? Any initial review/feedback available, I checked that link and not much info.

One more, I can see:
http://witson.en.alibaba.com/product...io_system.html

But not sure we can get it in India or not? (This seems much cheaper)

Quote:

Originally Posted by niv26 (Post 2925949)
Does it include navigation system? Any initial review/feedback available, I checked that link and not much info.

One more, I can see:
http://witson.en.alibaba.com/product...io_system.html

But not sure we can get it in India or not? (This seems much cheaper)

Caska includes navigation. Planning to talk to Caska and get a demo. If found acceptable , thinking of changing to the same.

Alibaba link I had noticed. They sell in bulk ie 4 pieces in one carton kinda !
Also I guess the model they mention is for the left hand driver version. Not sure.

Any idea, the effect of changing the HU on warranty. I don't want to spoil the 4 yrs Renault offers !.