Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2012, 17:51   #16
BHPian

Re: frankmehta's ICEvic: Guess who's backŪ

NEAT NEAT Install !
she must be sounding good very good infact, would like to drop by sometime to check it out.

One question though
as per the pics the right side horn has covered the access path for the OBD Data link connector or is it that am seeing it in that way cause of the way picture is taken ??

and by the way your tool kit is incomplete a screw-driver and a 10-11 fix spanner is missing.

Last edited by jatinpatel : 29th September 2012 at 17:56.
Old 30th September 2012, 13:39   #17
BHPian

I had a small question/query
Why did you not install the amps below the passenger/driving seats? and, if you've to touch the CNG cylinder for whatever reasons in future,like replacement or faults, if any. Won't you have to fiddle with all the amp wiring?
(I'm sure you've thought it through, I'm just asking a noob question)
Old 30th September 2012, 19:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
NEAT NEAT Install !
she must be sounding good very good infact, would like to drop by sometime to check it out.

One question though
as per the pics the right side horn has covered the access path for the OBD Data link connector or is it that am seeing it in that way cause of the way picture is taken ??

and by the way your tool kit is incomplete a screw-driver and a 10-11 fix spanner is missing.
I think the horns ARE covering the OBD connector. It's not an issue. They are easily removable and can be reinstalled in case of an emergency.
Also, I didn't check the tool kit, but I shall get those tools and complete the kit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
I had a small question/query
Why did you not install the amps below the passenger/driving seats? and, if you've to touch the CNG cylinder for whatever reasons in future,like replacement or faults, if any. Won't you have to fiddle with all the amp wiring?
(I'm sure you've thought it through, I'm just asking a noob question)
The amps are too big and too many (3 in number) to be installed under the front or rear seats. Also, the Civic is a low car and in case of any water logging areas, it could mean that the water could enter the cabin and maybe damage the amps.
Also, the amp rack is a wooden plank mounted on proper rigid and strong clamps attached to the chassis, but that also means that it's easily removable by opening 2 bolts. The amp wiring nestles UNDER the tank so I wouldn't have an issue if something needs to be repaired or replaced in the CNG section.
Old 2nd October 2012, 22:23   #19
BHPian

Had a chance to experience the ICE and what a pleasant experience! And then for frank, it is an everyday experience!!

Lot of effort and time gone into selecting the components and building the ICE and all I can say is its just FANTASTIC!

It sounds so natural and believe me, if you close you eyes, you will NOT be able to point at the speakers. Nor will you be able to say how many speaker are there in the car! It just feels like ALL the music is being played from the center of the windshield, just above the head unit, by some virtual speaker that outputs all frequencies. Its that time aligned!

Also as frank already mentioned, its not a typical BOOM BOOM dual sub-woofer setup, its just precise music, extremely well balanced.

Lovely set up frank. Enjoy the fruits of your hard-work
LP640 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 17:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
Had a chance to experience the ICE and what a pleasant experience! And then for frank, it is an everyday experience!!

Lot of effort and time gone into selecting the components and building the ICE and all I can say is its just FANTASTIC!

It sounds so natural and believe me, if you close you eyes, you will NOT be able to point at the speakers. Nor will you be able to say how many speaker are there in the car! It just feels like ALL the music is being played from the center of the windshield, just above the head unit, by some virtual speaker that outputs all frequencies. Its that time aligned!

Also as frank already mentioned, its not a typical BOOM BOOM dual sub-woofer setup, its just precise music, extremely well balanced.

Lovely set up frank. Enjoy the fruits of your hard-work
Thanks a ton mate. I was happy with the system when you heard it, but now after some tweaking, she gives me goosebumps. I am really happy with the way she is sounding now.
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 14:58   #21
BHPian

Wow! Loving it. Have some queries and would be really obliged if you could answer them!

1. What CNG Kit did you get installed in your Civic? Additionally, from where and for how much?

2. Who are the guys who did the setup? Possible cost breakdown of the installation?
Old 8th October 2012, 17:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Wow! Loving it. Have some queries and would be really obliged if you could answer them!

1. What CNG Kit did you get installed in your Civic? Additionally, from where and for how much?

2. Who are the guys who did the setup? Possible cost breakdown of the installation?
The CNG kit information is in this thread. Lots of it!! Will require lots of popcorn and coffee

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...matic-cng.html

Bass&Trouble (AJAY Kamath) from the forum did the job. You can PM him for his contact details.
The cost of the installation was in the high 40s if I am not wrong. Still have to go pay him.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright Đ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks