Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 14:37   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: maximum size of speaker in an indica....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
... if it cannot be fitted normally on the metal. Fitting on metal would lead to easy maintenance of the glass, power windows system and the lock system. ...
Don't worry. If the speaker is mounted on the door pad, the mechanics will still be able to remove the doorpad (with the speaker) to access other stuff.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 23:02   #92
BHPian

I had been to Koramangala last week with the front 6.5" speakers. Unluckily, the person who was about to fit was not presernt. The owner and I believe if the metal part need to be cut inside, this can be fitted. The fitters are not confident over this.

Secondly, I was talking about pop sound of JBL GTO1004 during turn off; After changing the amp, the sound reduced, this is due to increase in gain. I saw the internal circuiirty and these are due to the differential op-amps going down from the DC during OFF at high gain. Also, this has Class-D switching amplifier.

My AHU Pioneer FH6050UB double DIN used to go into LVM state during CRANK(remain off for 2 sec and then start), but after changing to new battery, this does not happen. Sometimes I see LVM but not every time. Battery is Exide, I have not come across this situation with other Pioneers, Blaupunkt as all the AHUs were designed to go into LVM state during crank.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 9th December 2012 at 23:03.
Old 10th December 2012, 12:05   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I have not come across this situation with other Pioneers, Blaupunkt as all the AHUs were designed to go into LVM state during crank.
All HUs obey this convention, independent of battery state or voltage. Check the wiring - probably the ACC connection (comes from Ignition Switch) is loose.
Old 15th December 2012, 02:40   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
All HUs obey this convention, independent of battery state or voltage. Check the wiring - probably the ACC connection (comes from Ignition Switch) is loose.
I have checked the wiring, AHU behaves weird way, sometimes during cold start I see it go to LVM. After running > 10Km it does not show LVM, AHU remains ON.

Any idea which amp is better? Infinity Kappa 4 vs GTO1004?
Old 15th December 2012, 20:29   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have checked the wiring, AHU behaves weird way, sometimes during cold start I see it go to LVM. After running > 10Km it does not show LVM, AHU remains ON.

Any idea which amp is better? Infinity Kappa 4 vs GTO1004?
Err... just so that I don't misunderstand, what is AHU and LVM?

Haven't heard the Kappa Four (can't be bad being an Infinity), but the GTO is definitely a good amp - better than the lower-priced JBL amps. Difficult to compare.
Old 15th December 2012, 22:38   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Err... just so that I don't misunderstand, what is AHU and LVM?

Haven't heard the Kappa Four (can't be bad being an Infinity), but the GTO is definitely a good amp - better than the lower-priced JBL amps. Difficult to compare.
I meant to say, Audio Head Unit does not go into Low Voltage Mode power down logic. Does not go off for 2 second and come back in the same state.

Infinity Kappa 4 has controls on face not sidewards. Face top looks like plastic, might get brushed/break if boot is loaded with luggage. GTO1004 cabinet is made of full metal.
Old 16th December 2012, 16:51   #97
Senior - BHPian

That is strange, though I would say if your HU restarted when you crank from cold, it will restart every time you crank. Anyhow, using the Remote Antenna Control pin of the HU for controlling the power state of the amp is the right way of doing it.

Even though the face 'looks plastic', I am sure it is under no danger of cracking unless one directly hits it with a metal object.
Old 23rd December 2012, 00:32   #98
BHPian

Quote:
That is strange, though I would say if your HU restarted when you crank from cold, it will restart every time you crank. Anyhow, using the Remote Antenna Control pin of the HU for controlling the power state of the amp is the right way of doing it.

Even though the face 'looks plastic', I am sure it is under no danger of cracking unless one directly hits it with a metal object.
Thanks DerAlte,

Infinity Kappa 4 is good, but will stick to GTO1004 only, thinking to change the Head Unit from 2 DIN to 1 DIN, need some space below the Unit to store some stuff like USB, AUX cables drives etc.

I have Pioneer FH-6050UB (2 DIN) and wanted to replace the set with another 1 DIN Head Unit. Pioneer FH-6050UB has rear USB and AUX and need to be routed to glow box.

Among Pioneer FH-6050UB (2 DIN) vs SONY CDX-GT616UG (1 DIN), which one would be better? Build quality wise SONY looks to be great but not sure how will be the audio quality. SONY has lead AUDIO/VIDEO components since many decades.

Pioneer FH-6050UB has stopped now, has 7-band equalizer, 5V RCA out. This was a big hit since 2008. SONY CDX-GT616UG is a new entrant and also has 7-band equalizer like Pioneer FH-6050UB, has 2 RCA out as well, I am not sure about RCA out voltage is 5V or 4V.

Thanks!
Old 24th December 2012, 12:10   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... thinking to change the Head Unit from 2 DIN to 1 DIN, need some space below the Unit to store some stuff ... SONY has lead AUDIO/VIDEO components since many decades. ... SONY CDX-GT616UG is a new entrant and also has 7-band equalizer ...
Well, if you really must change, but ... Sony? Look at other Pio models, though I would suggest Kenwood or JVC 1DIN models. Sony may be an old company, but their ICE stuff pales in comparison to the other brands.

You wouldn't need a 7-band equalizer - in a good system one keeps the equalizer disabled or flat.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 02:05   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Well, if you really must change, but ... Sony? Look at other Pio models, though I would suggest Kenwood or JVC 1DIN models. Sony may be an old company, but their ICE stuff pales in comparison to the other brands...
That is true, found that the SONY Head Unit have more bass. Not so clear as Pioneer. Have others in mind are Alpine, Kenwood, JVC. Preferably looking for Alpine having 24bit DAC and I need atleast 2 RCAs. Koramangala shop owner does not have Alpine. Which Alpine set would be better? Anywhere in Bangalore I can get a good deal? Budget (10-15)K. Thanks!
Old 24th February 2016, 14:00   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
One thing's still bothering me though, This screw (showin in pic) is going to be removed along with the plastic portion. And without it, the lower part of the panel becomes a bit unstable. How do i deal with that ?

hey,
I was planning to do this on my indica - How did you manage this issue in your install.

If i cut it off, then the door pad will remain loose (maybe stick it to the door panel with some strong 3M tape?)
if i leave that part there, then the speaker will need to be unscrewed every time the door pad needs to be taken out - I am already facing that issue
Old 24th February 2016, 14:09   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
hey,
I was planning to do this on my indica - How did you manage this issue in your install.

If i cut it off, then the door pad will remain loose (maybe stick it to the door panel with some strong 3M tape?)
if i leave that part there, then the speaker will need to be unscrewed every time the door pad needs to be taken out - I am already facing that issue

I used a thick ring (2x 18mm MDF rings glued together), and a long screw through the same area and passed it through the metal frame. This did fix the door panel to the metal frame but it was relatively easy to remove nonetheless.

Hope it helps
adityamunshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 14:11   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
I used a thick ring (2x 18mm MDF rings glued together), and a long screw through the same area and passed it through the metal frame. This did fix the door panel to the metal frame but it was relatively easy to remove nonetheless.

Hope it helps
why 2 mdf spacers together? was the back of the speaker touching the insides?
Old 24th February 2016, 14:17   #104
BHPian

It was a while ago, so I do not remember the exact reason. But I believe that I had to cut a part of the metal panel even with the two rings. Not that it is hard, a small, easily available hacksaw was good enough to place a small cut in the frame which you can then bend away from you to make sure it does not touch the speaker.

This is what it looked like after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
why 2 mdf spacers together? was the back of the speaker touching the insides?
Attached Thumbnails
maximum size of speaker in an indica....-p3271938.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks