Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2006, 18:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

The US MSRP is $220, approx Rs. 10000/-. I don't have a clue what the official MRP here is, but I remember a friend buying these from a grey dealer for about 10k.
Old 6th May 2006, 01:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ya ur true there is no x-type 15 inches sub. there is only 15 inches in r type. they need for sealed 1.3 to 2.5 cuft and for ported 1.5 to 3 cu ft. How much do u recommend.
Old 6th May 2006, 16:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

I don't think they'd really growl in super small boxes. Also I remember you mentioning that you listen to some Punjabi and RnB, I'm sure you like the synthesized lows of that kind of music giving you a new hairdo with every note! Get a bigger sealed box, that way you should hit a lower F3, better still get a ported enclosure but be careful with the power you give the subs.
Old 6th May 2006, 16:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

How much do u recommend the enclosue volume I can go till 2 cuft becasue of the space constraint in my car boot.
Old 6th May 2006, 17:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

From the specs I think a 2 cu.ft. sealed enclosure per sub should be good. You should check with others also about their experience with the performance of the sub if someone here has owned and used it for a long time. I frankly never have, I've used the 12" Dual 4-ohm guy and it was quite loud playing through a 1.2 cu.ft enclosure and washed down most types of music quite well.
Old 6th May 2006, 21:30   #21
BHPian

BT,

Do I need to have an enclosure for the twin 12" subs in a Lancer? or is there any other way to get good tight bass. Iam planning to set the subs something like the one shown on the link below.

http://www.metaleffect.com/20piclarge.jpg

Charles, owns "metal effect" in Chennai. You can check his work on the following link installations done by him in Chennai.

http://www.metaleffect.com/gallery-metaleffect.htm

- Vikram
Old 7th May 2006, 09:27   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro
The DSC setup shown in this link shows 2 JBL subs which look duplicate to me. Sam can confirm.

And he sells BOSS too http://www.metaleffect.com/accessories.htm

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th May 2006 at 09:31.
Old 7th May 2006, 17:53   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
The DSC setup shown in this link shows 2 JBL subs which look duplicate to me. Sam can confirm.

And he sells BOSS too http://www.metaleffect.com/accessories.htm
Not fake, very old model. Now discontinued. I think it's GT-2 subs.
Old 7th May 2006, 18:45   #24
BHPian

Guys please help me out here...

Please give me an answer to this -

"Do I need to have an enclosure for the twin 12" subs in a Lancer? or is there any other way to get good tight bass. Iam planning to set the subs something like the one shown on the link below."

- vikram
Old 8th May 2006, 11:19   #25
Team-BHP Support

simple answer. box is better; a IB install will give you more boom. dont confuse boom with bass though.
Old 8th May 2006, 13:03   #26
BHPian

Navin,

Iam not looking at a BIG boom which shadows the rich music. I need a balanced tight LF feedback which syncs well the music.

Navin, how do you think a setup like this would sound? Please check the link below.

http://www.metaleffect.com/large-20.htm

- vikram
Old 8th May 2006, 13:43   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am not a fan of most IB installs. I have heard very few that have tight bass.
Old 8th May 2006, 13:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I am not a fan of most IB installs. I have heard very few that have tight bass.
Navin you can say that till the time you don't come across a properly executed IB install with nice subs. You will forget everything.

I don't need to tell you how boxless home speakers sound, Do I. Now imagine boxless subs
Old 8th May 2006, 13:50   #29
Team-BHP Support

i said i have heard a few good IB installs. unfortunaltly most IB installs produce more BOOM than tight bass. I heard some great IBs one in a Camaro htat used a JBL 18" (in the 80s) that rocked. It is just that most people make a hash out of IBs.
Old 8th May 2006, 15:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navin,

Iam not looking at a BIG boom which shadows the rich music. I need a balanced tight LF feedback which syncs well the music.

Navin, how do you think a setup like this would sound? Please check the link below.

http://www.metaleffect.com/large-20.htm

- vikram
Harmon, Charles does some good installs. I think he mostly uses Bostons and Pioneer. Maybe a sprinkling of a few other brands. He does some good fiber-glass customization and I have noticed that he has a fetish for setups where there is just a front speaker set and a couple of subs with no rear-fill.

Do get an enclosure for the subs. For most cases, they'll do much better than a free-air situation. That said, it doesn't imply that just 'boxing' your subs ensures that you have no boom. Boominess can result even if you use a bad sub driver, or your box Qt exceeds 1 etc. So, in a nutshell, there are a lot of other aspects that you need to look at.

Some of the enclosures in concern, especially the one in your 1st link is not very ideal because the subs in the car are mounted with their radiating surface i.e. the cone firing straight into the back of the seat. If I were Charles, I'd mount the subs on the Plexiglass so that the bass is radiated unobstructedly into the trunk rather than into the back of the seats...but I'm not Charles

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks