Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2006, 12:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
LBM...

Lastly ... Saw your car snaps... HORRIBLE WHEELS ... you have managed to make the car of the year look like some gargoyle!! Again - this is IMHO!!

CHILL!!
Man that horrible wheels costed me nearly 50k.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 4th May 2006 at 12:57.
Old 4th May 2006, 13:03   #32
Team-BHP Support

the battery is 41aH that means i cant provide 41A for 60min or 410A for 6 min. the alternator should be able to charge the battery faster than your system can discharge it if the cables carrying the current are thick enough.

My wife is the aesthetic one so dont ask me about the wheels.
Old 4th May 2006, 13:07   #33
BHPian

Good that things r somewhat settled now.It was really turning ugly.
but i cant stop myself from saying that its foolish if we argue with experts like JB/navin/Gunbir/Sam etc.I dont think before this incident anyone has written so many posts argueing with them.

Anyway LBM i must congratulate u on ur such a nice and probably most expensive system and it hurts when something goes wrong.
Infact you r at advantage over rest of us as u live very close to JB/Gunbir.Had they living anywhere near LDH/JLD,i would have visited them atleast once in fortnight.

U guys need to talk over few cans of beers and sort everything out.

LBM.stay here as we all and newbie not only need expert's advice but also someone like u as u can give practical view abt ICE.
Old 4th May 2006, 13:56   #34
sandnigga

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further to prevent your account from being permanently disabled on this board.

Last edited by Samurai : 4th May 2006 at 16:25.

Old 4th May 2006, 15:08   #35
BHPian

Guys i am posting diagrammatic pic of 'BIG3' wires which navin mentioned.
Hope u would like it.If cant see it then link is http://rapidshare.de/files/19587187/BIG_3.doc.html

Last edited by rsjaurr : 4th May 2006 at 15:11.
Old 4th May 2006, 16:32   #36
BHPian

oops.........here is the picture of 'big3' wire i wanted to post.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 4th May 2006 at 16:36.
Old 4th May 2006, 17:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
LBM.stay here as we all and newbie not only need expert's advice but also someone like u as u can give practical view abt ICE.
Thanks for the support man, I might be a good installer or a expert like JB/navin/Gunbir/Sam as u metion above , but I am sure for what I said earlier, as I am typing I am arranging the stuff to prove my point. Before that my mouth is shut

will let u know in few hours.
Old 4th May 2006, 19:11   #38

hey friends we are a community to set example for others,not to argue with each other. lbm u please calm down.but my dear friend gunbir if lbm's system is crab, please show me a car having having better spl's than his.
Old 4th May 2006, 19:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

HA HA... Have you seen the Mille 21" ??? ... The Barracuda Install???
Old 4th May 2006, 19:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

Alrighty; I have a doubt. Why does lighst etc dim when volume is pumped up? BAd battery, bad wiring,bad alternator, bad amp(s) ?
Old 4th May 2006, 19:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Alrighty; I have a doubt. Why does lighst etc dim when volume is pumped up? BAd battery, bad wiring,bad alternator, bad amp(s) ?
BAD JK....

Doubt Kuttappan!!
Old 5th May 2006, 14:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

People I am back but this time I might see some sad faces . Man I am not pointing out to anyone. Man NOBODY is perfect. It is a every day learning process. Even I am not perfect. I had made statments which I should not had made. I apolozies for that. But now for my same old question.

How much a Alpine MRD-M1005 ttp://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=MRD-M1005 consumes power (amps) while runnig . There were many calculation done some said 80 amps and some said 120amps also. This discussion went to a very hot stage. So I thought why not we remain on the theory part only. Why not we check the practical part also. By checking the actual amperage we can surely found out the correct amperage of the amp.

To the newbies here to measure the dc voltage we need a shunt in a circuit http://www.branom.com/literature/dcshunt.html
check the link for details. (as I dont to make a long post)

So after installing the shunt across the mrd I started the music of my crappy sound system up till a little distortion comes in and the transient peaks could be seen clearly. Vola the ampere meter needle started to move and the readings where clear I could clearly see what the amp was demanding. I could not belive my eyes . The result was clear without any thermal loss, cable loss, (or any thing which I cannot remember right not) It was pure load of the amp on the system. Thats why I took a vdo of it and I am giving the link below of the same. I am not going to write the amperage of the amp as I want to people see the actual reading and tell me what it is coming out.

Guys I seroiusly need the reading from the vdo. Please dont let me down folks.

http://rapidshare.de/files/19665857/amp_load.3gp.html

Once again no body is perfect in this world (inculding me). It is a learning process every day. If some is telling u with confidence me might be right sometimes.

Get ur fundas cleared up.
Old 5th May 2006, 14:27   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
same question from me as well but i think as navin/gunbir pointed,we need to check these 3 big wires.
Infact my JL audio amplifier's manual mentions something like this,abt changing one of this wire not all three though.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 5th May 2006 at 14:28.
Old 5th May 2006, 15:47   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker

So after installing the shunt across the mrd I started the music of my crappy sound system up till a little distortion comes in and the transient peaks could be seen clearly.
Get ur fundas cleared up.
do you have a DMM with Peak and RMS meters (200A scale)? that would be easier to read. what was the shunt value?
Old 5th May 2006, 16:03   #45
Senior - BHPian

First of all Navin ji I can consider u as my guru, as I have not seen such intelligent person on this fourm who gives full unbiased answer to any one questions .

By DMM I think u mean digital multi meter . I dont have one

But as the shunt values it is of 150amps and 75mv. The coressponding ratio will be like

amps mv
150 -> 75
75 -> 37.5
37.5 -> 18.75
18.75 -> 9.375

like this i can use any digital multimeter to measure the mv and convert it to amps. I dont have a true rms or peak hold meter.

Off the topic I am searching for a hand held model of a true rms meter if any model u can suggest .

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 5th May 2006 at 16:05.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks