Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2006, 17:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Barabar hai baba log.

Very good. And all 2 and a half audiophiles in India will buy only JBL then

No boss, I think we are happy going for the gut.
You split me at the sides.

LBM just sent me a PM that it should be 3 and a half audiophiles, he's one too. I told him he was already included. Now who are the other 1 and a half, he asks.
Old 12th May 2006, 17:16   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile

Maybe later berellium tweeter and midrange along with AlNiCo magnet bass driver. What say Sam ???
JB, AlNiCo has it's advnatages (old Fostex drivers had them) but they have one disadvantage: they do not maintin their BH curves over time. Strontium Ferrite (and Barium Ferrite) have longer life. But with NdFeB and SmCO prices falling (thanks to CHina) I wont be surprised if the next gen of better speakers does not use Ferrites at all.
Old 12th May 2006, 17:18   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
You split me at the sides.

LBM just sent me a PM that it should be 3 and a half audiophiles, he's one too. I told him he was already included. Now who are the other 1 and a half, he asks.
JB and Gunbir?

Last edited by navin : 12th May 2006 at 17:19.
Old 12th May 2006, 18:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
JB and Gunbir?
Ouch ouch!!.... Where did the Horns come from Navin??? ... lol

Last edited by kb100 : 12th May 2006 at 18:11.
Old 13th May 2006, 02:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JB and Gunbir?
Sure. Why Not. Well Jb for sure is one. Hmm.. That means Im half an Audiophile. Hey... I've made some progress. Last time I checked I wasnt even allowed anywhere near audiophiles.

And if being an Audiophile means busting your a$$ for what you believe in, skipping meals just so you can get that sound you want, sleeping less than 6 hours a day cuz you love this thing called audio... then YES!!! I am an Audiophile (if only just half yet) and Im proud of it.

Last edited by gunbir : 13th May 2006 at 02:10.
Old 13th May 2006, 08:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Gunbir ur PM's inbox is full.
Old 13th May 2006, 09:29   #37
Team-BHP Support

I think raul has stopped visiting this thread (it is seriously off topic!). Has it served it's purpose raul? do you have any more questions? any other feedback we can offer?
Old 13th May 2006, 09:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
JB, AlNiCo has it's advnatages (old Fostex drivers had them) but they have one disadvantage: they do not maintin their BH curves over time. Strontium Ferrite (and Barium Ferrite) have longer life. But with NdFeB and SmCO prices falling (thanks to CHina) I wont be surprised if the next gen of better speakers does not use Ferrites at all.

This has to be absolutely correct if it is coming from someone from emagindia. What say Navin?
Old 13th May 2006, 12:51   #39
Team-BHP Support

We dont make ferrite or any permanant magnets but we are getting seriously offtopic.

BTW Raul and others,
To prevent being gyped in the future it does pay to visit manufacturer websites (JBL, Hertz, Blaupunkt, Sony, etc...) and confirm what the current models are. BTW current models do not nessacarily sound better than older versions. I just checked JBL's website (in your case) and saw that they have uploaded the latest information on all their amps/speakers/drivers (save a few that have only been released last week/month).

It is also the customer's responsibity to prevent him/heerself from getting older models. It is very diffcult for any manufacturer (audio equipment or otherwise) to police each of it's dealers all the time.
Old 13th May 2006, 13:27   #40
BHPian

I don't think losing out on BL is a problem with AlNiCo's I can still show you 30 year old Tannoy Prestige Series Loudspeakers sounding as amazing as new.

The sound of AlNiCo magnet loudspeaker is outstanding and cannot be matched by any other. I have compared it. The sound of AlNiCo based drivers is open, natural, more lively and close to real.

Sam can also tell you if he has heard JBL K2 9800 loudspeakers.

Last edited by Autophile : 13th May 2006 at 13:31.
Old 13th May 2006, 14:01   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sam can also tell you if he has heard JBL K2 9800 loudspeakers.
I have. And they were lovely. Must agree with JB here.
Old 14th May 2006, 23:56   #42
Team-BHP Support

I have also heard the tannoy prestige as well as the older 4" from Fostex etc. and they are beautiful. I really am amazed at their sound. but the scientist insiide me cant understand why ferrite or rare earth speakers cant reproduce the same magic. something tells me it is beyond the magnet material. if you notice that most of these speakers had limited Xmax and very light cones.
Old 15th May 2006, 14:23   #43
BHPian

Quote:
if you notice that most of these speakers had limited Xmax and very light cones.
Thats the key in order to achieve speed and accuracy. More ever most of these loudspeakers have efficient surrounds. All of these accounts to musical bliss.
Old 15th May 2006, 22:44   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thats the key in order to achieve speed and accuracy. More ever most of these loudspeakers have efficient surrounds. All of these accounts to musical bliss.
my point exactly i believe that Alnico is only a small part of the sound of these speakers. their cone, surround, damping, etc...played an equal if not more impoartant part.

B&T if you guys at PI can come up with a fullrange or widerange driver that can work as good as the Fostex drivers i have seen I'd bless you. And if you do replicate a Lowther I'd be dancing on the ceiling. Why even a Jordan replica would be lovely.
Old 16th May 2006, 10:41   #45
BHPian

Hmm, hence peerless supplying drivers to Fostex.

Last edited by Autophile : 16th May 2006 at 10:48.

Most Viewed