Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2007, 18:46   #76
BHPian

The sound from the front CS2104 seem a lot better and very good than the other WagonR where I had heard the front Pioneer speakers and Sony speakers in an Estillo;
but I still think that a thousand bucks extra would have made a better difference;
In a WagonR, where the front speakers cant be put up anywhere else, the GTO427 is better than the CS2104;
As for the rear GTO937, they sound awesome, sometimes I think I should just sit in the back seat and listen to those speakers only.
Old 4th April 2007, 20:29   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseGuy View Post
In a WagonR, where the front speakers cant be put up anywhere else, the GTO427 is better than the CS2104;
As for the rear GTO937, they sound awesome, sometimes I think I should just sit in the back seat and listen to those speakers only.
You could not have said it better CheeseGuy. I have had the GTO427s for the front and GTO937s for the rear in my WagonR for nearly a year now and they are really awesome.

I just added boom (sub and amp) today - but even the pre-boom era was very satisfying - they speakers really do justice to beautiful music.
Old 5th April 2007, 10:55   #78
BHPian

Me also planning to buy A wagon R lxi soon . I already have pioneed 6'' X 9" rear coaxials ( TS6991s ) ? I really want is a front HU ( which must have front usb slot ) and for front I am thinking of going for JBL GTO 427 ( as pouplarly discussed in the thread. Which HU do i go for ? I want a VFM model and not very expensive , max 10k for the HU ? Also will the 427 go in the dash or in the front doors ??
Old 5th April 2007, 12:23   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
I really want is a front HU ( which must have front usb slot ) and for front I am thinking of going for JBL GTO 427 ( as pouplarly discussed in the thread. Which HU do i go for ? I want a VFM model and not very expensive , max 10k for the HU ? Also will the 427 go in the dash or in the front doors ??
I think Sony HUs have the USB thingy a lot, but Sony don't sound too good my friend, so if you can try to look at Blaupunkt

Blaupunkt - Head-units - MP3 Head-units - Hamburg MP57
Blaupunkt - Head-units - MP3 Head-units - Kingston MP47
Blaupunkt - Head-units - MP3 Head-units - Memphis MP66

The GTO 427 will go in the dash. Then you put the WagonR speaker cover over it; you can't use the lovely one that comes from JBL. :-)
Old 5th April 2007, 12:46   #80
BHPian

If you check the WagonR, there are really very few options for the front speakers;
while I was getting my speakers installed, the guys said if any front speakers larger than the permitted 4 1/2" need to be fixed, doors are a strict no-no and then you would need to attach to the dashboard from the inside (and hanging or strapped), maybe upside-down that really sound wrong too;
Bottom-line: only the best 4 1/2" front speakers please for the WagonR;
Old 6th April 2007, 23:28   #81
BHPian

hi Johy how much do these blaupunkt model costs with B/w and also how much much do u get it for in the grey market ?
Old 7th January 2009, 20:01   #82
Senior - BHPian

Rear speaker + HU for wagonR

Dear Gurus
I need to replace the rear speakers and Head unit of my wagonR. The current setup is as follows:

Head Unit: Sony CDX-R5610

Rear speakers: Sony XPLOD XS-GT6947X (4 way)

Front speakers: Sony XPLOD XS-GF1021X

* I know you guys gonna hang me for using Sony since the last 5 years *

Anyway, my requirements are as under:

1. HU should have USB drive support.
2. Only rear speakers are needed to be replaced, i am no bass freak, but good SQ is appreciated.
3. No subwoofer/amp as that will negate the boot space.
4. Rear speaker+HU combo should be compatible with existing front speakers.

please help, and NCR people do let me know a good shop please. Thanks
Old 8th January 2009, 11:42   #83
BANNED

Me, no guru; only ICE setup I know is the one I have in my car. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Front speakers: Sony XPLOD XS-GF1021X
Since you intend to retain this, do post some specs of this speaker. (Like power, ohm ratings, etc) May help others.

See this - thread too:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-speakers.html

Quote:
1. HU should have USB drive support.
Pio 40*0 and above have USB support. Dunno about others. (not sure about 30*0). *050 come without B & W, *090 with B & W.

But, see these threads too:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...-not-some.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...g-problem.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...50-6050-a.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...oneer-hus.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...50-6050-a.html

Quote:
2. Only rear speakers are needed to be replaced, i am no bass freak, but good SQ is appreciated.
My set up is here:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...aunched-4.html

See the next page of that link for pics of the speakers.

Going by prices quoted here, you should get a similar set up for 9.5K now, with further reduction of at least 1K if you do not take front speakers. Take away another discount at least Rs. 750/- if you shop and bargain properly.

Edit:- do not go in for HUs with fixed USB slot. Vibrations of the car can damage the stick. IIRC, my dealer told that the main difference between 4050 and 5050 is the CD loading mechanism - 5050 has a tray. May be wrong here.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 8th January 2009 at 11:45.
Old 8th January 2009, 13:30   #84
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for reply, BaCkSeAtDrIVeR

I have a total budget of about 10k. The reason i don't want to change the front speakers and only the rear speakers is that the rear speakers are producing cracking sound, and i have to change the HU because i need USB support and better FM reception.

Based on some research here, i think i can go with the following combo:
HU:Pioneer 3050UB/Pioneer 5050UB/Kenwood 5039U
Rear: JBL GTO 937

If i have some money left, or if i get my old HU and rear speakers exchanged, i will replace the front speakers with JBL GTO 437 as well.

Can someone let me know the prices of Pioneer 3050UB/Pioneer 5050UB/Kenwood 5039U ?

Quote:
Edit:- do not go in for HUs with fixed USB slot. Vibrations of the car can damage the stick. IIRC, my dealer told that the main difference between 4050 and 5050 is the CD loading mechanism - 5050 has a tray. May be wrong here.
I didnt quite understand whats a fixed USB slot? Does 3050/5050/5039 have fixed USB slot?

Last edited by DCEite : 8th January 2009 at 13:34.
Old 8th January 2009, 13:44   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
... I didnt quite understand whats a fixed USB slot? Does 3050/5050/5039 have fixed USB slot?
A fixed USB slot is like that in a PC - fixed to the front panel. On the other hand, USB provision provided at the rear is terminated at one end of a cable, whereby you can connect a pen-drive and keep it in the glove compartment.

Nothing wrong with fixed USB sockets in the front panel, except for the risk of damage if you manage to kick it accidentally. Vibrations in a car are not enough to spoil the pen-drive - dropping them on the floor would cause more g-force on the components than that, and they generally don't fail when dropped.
Old 8th January 2009, 15:21   #86
BANNED

30*0 has fixed USB, I think. Rest have this cable mode. And I would like to clarify that what I said about Fixed v. cable is my opinion; I have not used the fixed USB slot, and find it convenient that the cable is snug in glove compartment, where my daughter will not pull it around. (She managed to pull out the HU face plate).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks