Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2006, 09:21   #1
BHPian

Audio setup for Wagon R Vxi

Hi all,

I am going to buy a new Wagon R Vxi, probably as early as this week. For the audio setup, I have a limited budget of Rs 12,000/- (perhaps I can stretch it to Rs 15,000/- or so). What is the best I can get for this kind of money? Which HU, front speakers, and rear speakers would you recommend? I mostly listen to Country Music and Soft Rock.

Thanks in advance.

Johy
Old 3rd May 2006, 09:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

Sony or Blaupunkt HU for about 7-9K (Pioneers in this price range might not have a Bill or Warranty) and 2 pairs of JBL or Blaupunkt ODx speakers for about 5-7K.

Ask your installer about the sizes of speakers that would fit. I forget.
Old 3rd May 2006, 10:08   #3
BHPian

Any specific models to look for?
Old 3rd May 2006, 10:25   #4
Team-BHP Support

given the prices there wont be many choices and my head is too old to keep model numbers correct.
Old 3rd May 2006, 11:22   #5
BHPian

Hi Johy,

I'm having the following configuration in my WagonR, might help you to decide. Got all fixed just a month back.

1. Sony CDX-GT350S HU with front Aux-IN (Rs 6500/- from Grey Market)
2. Front Speakers 4"- JBL CS2104 (With Bill &Warranty)
3. Rear Speakers 6"x9" - JBL GTO936e (With Bill & Warranty)
4. Wooden Boxes to fit in Rear Speakers (detachable).
5. Radio Antenna + Wirings + Installation
Total Cost (including all) : Rs.13,500/-

Hope this helps,
SOURAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy
Hi all,

I am going to buy a new Wagon R Vxi, probably as early as this week. For the audio setup, I have a limited budget of Rs 12,000/- (perhaps I can stretch it to Rs 15,000/- or so). What is the best I can get for this kind of money? Which HU, front speakers, and rear speakers would you recommend? I mostly listen to Country Music and Soft Rock.

Thanks in advance.

Johy
Old 3rd May 2006, 12:13   #6
Team-BHP Support

very nice SB. you could replace teh 2104 with the GTO 426 for a bit more.
Old 4th May 2006, 11:09   #7
BHPian

Yes you are right. Thanks for the suggestion. After looking into the specs for both 2104 and 426 I find 426 is more powerful. I will try to upgrade it to 426 by paying some extra (if installer agrees to buy back the existing one).

Also please suggest me a smallest sub-woofer for the existing setup(I feel 8"/10" subs are just too big).

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
very nice SB. you could replace teh 2104 with the GTO 426 for a bit more.
Old 4th May 2006, 11:22   #8
BHPian

recently,For my new Ford Ikon ,I got a Kenwood HU KDC-MP5029 (cost 9650)...(with Bill and warranty) and rear speakers 6" x 9" KFC-M6940ie 400 W speakers cost 3800...front speakers are the default ones given by FORD...Total cost 13.5 K.
This rear speaker unit is damn good....I had reviewed many(sony,Blaupunkt,pioneer,panasonic etc.) in the demo room and liked this one very much....I am very satisfied with my purchase...Also,many of my friends appreciated it..if possible...just listen to these...
Also,the Kenwood comes with a 2.5 years warranty (not service warranty but full warranty) ...
Old 4th May 2006, 11:23   #9
Team-BHP Support

Blaupunkt made a 6.5" sub called the VRT 6.5. see if you can find those. but a 6.5" woofer is not really a sub. it wont produce much below 40Hz.
Old 4th May 2006, 14:54   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravbasu
4. Wooden Boxes to fit in Rear Speakers (detachable).
His Sourav,

I was just wondering how the box looks like. How is the box anchored to the car? Pictures would be just great.

I don't want to install a rear parcel tray ..so what alternatives have I got..I want to use the boot space as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th May 2006, 12:47   #11
BHPian

The box are quite handy (approx 12"(L)X8"(W)X6"(H)), I am left with much boot space and can recline the rear seats to ALMOST last extent. The boxes are just placed freely on the floor of the boot and not attached to anything. There is some kind of foam padding at the bottom of the boxes which provides much grip on the floor.

The installer did a good job by keeping an option of detaching the boxes. I can take out those boxes and place them elsewhere in case I need the full boot space.

I dont have the photo right now. But will post it as soon as I get it.

Quote:
His Sourav,

I was just wondering how the box looks like. How is the box anchored to the car? Pictures would be just great.

I don't want to install a rear parcel tray ..so what alternatives have I got..I want to use the boot space as well.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by souravbasu : 5th May 2006 at 12:51.
Old 5th May 2006, 14:34   #12
BHPian

Hi Saurav,

That sure sounds great. I talked to an installer today and he said he could fix an MDF tray (a heavy-duty one he said) that would take 2 speakers (and a woofer if I added one later on). The tray, he said, could be removed and the wires disconnected in a jiffy, trouble-free manner. Yes, the seats won't recline all the way, but I think I am not really looking to recline the seats.. What do you think?
Old 5th May 2006, 16:19   #13
BHPian

I would highly recommend you *NOT* to go for the Tray option. I was also given the option but I prefered the Box. A Box is much better option and also better for other acousticss reason. The tray would also rattle which may cause disturbances and dampen the sound quality.

Also dont go for putting the speakers in the hatch door, that would be worse.

Box is much better IMHO.

Quote:
Hi Saurav,

That sure sounds great. I talked to an installer today and he said he could fix an MDF tray (a heavy-duty one he said) that would take 2 speakers (and a woofer if I added one later on). The tray, he said, could be removed and the wires disconnected in a jiffy, trouble-free manner. Yes, the seats won't recline all the way, but I think I am not really looking to recline the seats.. What do you think?
Old 6th May 2006, 17:11   #14
BHPian

Yes, Sourav - I sat for a while in the rear seat of the car today and reclined it...I think it is a great feature, especially if you are being driven. I am looking forward to pictures of the rear boxes...can I get it custom made? Which material?
Old 7th May 2006, 09:01   #15
BHPian

...Just another addition to my list of questions.

Can I fit a Double DIN Player in my new Wagon R? I see there is a storage place below the space for fitting the standard-sized head unit. Can the whole space be utilized to install a Double DIN player?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks