Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2006, 05:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Any comments on a brand called "PROFILE".

hi, i'd been watching quite some products of a brand named "profile" at crutchfield and seeing the reviews (+ve) are going up day by day. anyone here who have used or comment on the performance of the brand?
Old 4th May 2006, 09:20   #2
BHPian

me no expert in this ..havnt even heard of it bro..
Old 4th May 2006, 09:57   #3
Team-BHP Support

I have heard Profile many years ago and they are strticly average. I have not seen them outside crutcfield so it might be their inhouse brand.
Old 4th May 2006, 17:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I have heard Profile many years ago and they are strictly average. I have not seen them outside crutcfield so it might be their inhouse brand.
Right on target about that!
Old 5th May 2006, 08:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

thanks everyone.....and specially my Super-guru Navin.....

I was MOVED by this review....gyz need ur attention

Written by nate76, Boise Id on February 12, 2006

This Is the new verson of my amp I have the clarus 1200. Let me say that this is one heck of an amp. I ran 2 Kole Audio KMX 15s In my Blazer. A sealed box 2.67 cuft3 and blew out my back window . I could not believe that i actually blew it out. But this amp will put down some serious power. I ran a fosgate digital 1 farad cap and my lights still dim hard. It has been 3 years now and that amp still runs hard it has over heated about 4 times in 3 years but it was always in the summer about 100 degrees out. I would def buy this amp again. Thanks Profile! And Crutchfield!

i dunno what to say....but my Super-guru (that oldie! LOL!), followed by my Super -II guru (Sam bhai!) and my I-st step guru Gunman would be able to shatter some black clouds (aka rain). Plz dont take these words as in priority.

SIR, KAHAN HAIN AAP!!

cheers!
Old 5th May 2006, 10:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
thanks everyone.....and specially my Super-guru Navin.....

I was MOVED by this review....gyz need ur attention

This Is the new verson of my amp I have the clarus 1200. Let me say that this is one heck of an amp. I ran 2 Kole Audio KMX 15s In my Blazer. A sealed box 2.67 cuft3 and blew out my back window . I could not believe that i actually blew it out. But this amp will put down some serious power. I ran a fosgate digital 1 farad cap and my lights still dim hard. It has been 3 years now and that amp still runs hard it has over heated about 4 times in 3 years but it was always in the summer about 100 degrees out. I would def buy this amp again. Thanks Profile! And Crutchfield!

i dunno what to say....but my Super-guru (that oldie! LOL!), followed by my Super -II guru (Sam bhai!) and my I-st step guru Gunman would be able to shatter some black clouds (aka rain). Plz dont take these words as in priority.

SIR, KAHAN HAIN AAP!!

cheers!
Panky

I-st step guru??? Panky I also want to be a Super-Guru... Waaaaiinnnn... Boooo hooooo hehehe

Crap by any other name... user reviews can be misleading. Shattering out windows???? highly unlikely. Like SuperNavinji said... strictly average!!
Old 5th May 2006, 10:16   #7
Team-BHP Support

Clarus 1200! ha ha ha. Kole Audio! ha ha ha. This must be tounge in cheek.
Old 5th May 2006, 10:46   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I have heard Profile many years ago and they are strticly average. I have not seen them outside crutcfield so it might be their inhouse brand.
Dammit !! u know everything..... appreciate ur GOOGLISH knowledge !!
Old 5th May 2006, 13:06   #9
Team-BHP Support

No I dont. many here know more.
Old 5th May 2006, 15:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345

cheers!
I don't know about his audio gear but if he can blow out his windows with the turd that he describes, he sure needs a better car with more secure windows!

Actually, if he said 'Kove' audio instead of 'Kole' Audio, I would probably still believe him.
Old 6th May 2006, 02:50   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm no guru. I just like people and good sound. really.

I like partying and enjoying life ( By the way i've just finished some pretty HARD partying with "Sideways" in Chennai, who is an absolute stonker)
In my opinion, Navin is the only true enthusiast here. Because he doesnt work for an audio company.
And I'm just plain bloody lucky to work like this.
And hang out with you guys and learn from Navin my old man, JB - Punjab da installer and hamare priya Gunwale Prajee.

Boys and men of my beloved forum, i quote you now the immortal words of our Super-Admin GTO (our very own GTO 7 series)
"Sam, you actually get PAID for this??"

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 6th May 2006 at 02:52.
Old 6th May 2006, 11:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I'm no guru. I just like people & good sound. really
I like partying and enjoying life....
Hehe......... Most of us seem to like that these days !!

BTW was looking at the JBL ad on the back cover of ACI, decided to check what agency was handling JBL India's media..... "Sam Kapasi"
Old 9th May 2006, 06:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

gyz gyz....thanks so much!

anybody heard of a brand called "cadence"?? i bet navinji would be the one! i'm getting a 2 way 6.5" component for $ 79 + free shipping. wotsay?
Old 9th May 2006, 09:18   #14
Team-BHP Support

Cadence is a good brand run but very good people. The Shirkes are excellent people. I have a friend in NY who uses 4 Cadence Divas for Home Theater. That the Cadence replaced Soundlab A1s says something. Each amp uses 4 KT88 in paralllel push pull Triode I helped him build them.
Old 9th May 2006, 09:20   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I'm no guru.

In my opinion, Navin is the only true enthusiast here. Because he doesnt work for an audio company.
And I'm just plain bloody lucky to work like this.
Sam's being modest again! :-)

I dont think I am the only enthusiast here. Sam, you forget Vivek and co. I think I may be the OLDEST enthusiast here! :-)

Sam you are mad! A nice, fluffy, cuddly beautiful sort of mad!

Most Viewed