Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2006, 21:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Wow...if it's the same one then I'm ruined. For 10k the comps I have are a steal..it's almost free! In which case I will have to consider buying another car to put them in.
Yup i have seen this set but then as i earlier said it may not be the same model which you are pointing out. I discussed it with Navinji if its ok to buy them for 10k and he said i should not be paying anything more than 8k.

You can check with Navin. He has also seen this set which i am talking about. I don't know if Car Touch(Milan Subway) still has it with him. It was Canton 3 way component set(again not sure of the model number). This was almost 2 months back when i had gone to buy Kicker 4 inch components for my Esteem.

PS- LBM, its ok man, i can understand your situation. I know you feeling cheated having paid 50k for those wheels which you have on your car. I can confirm better ones are available for the Swift within 15k for set of 5. Do pm me if you need more details on the same.

Cheers
Old 6th May 2006, 21:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Whew, thats a small relief. The 3.22 is a similiar comp set with 8" drivers rather than 10" subs.
Or maybe its this set that i saw in Car Touch. Navinji can you please confirm????
Old 8th May 2006, 11:14   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
B&T, i saw a Canton 3 way component set at my dealers place(Car Touch). I am not sure but i guess they were the same ones you have mentioned. They were going for 10k. I guess Navinji also has seen them with this same dealer.

Navinji, can you confirm if it was the same model which L&B has mentioned?

Cheers
I knew this but since Prince let the cat out of the bag first I'll just clarify

I did see these Canton at a dealer. I did not mention the price earlier as it was a professional courtesy. I get to see a lot of product and get offered special prices not to promote the product but becuase of my relationship with the audio industry. I do not promote any one product becuase of this it gets very diffcult when you know just about everyone in an industry and they trust you as a unbiased party whose only interest is to promote the industry.

I was offered a price a bit lower than that offered to Prince initally then for some reason the seller backed out or claimed that the price offered ot me was an accident I forget which. Anyway I have clarified that the speakers offered to me were 3.28 and the dealer has even clarified that the pair he offered to me have already been installed by him.

I cant offer an opinion on the speakers as I have not heard them installed.
Old 8th May 2006, 11:17   #19
Team-BHP Support

The only decent way to install a 3 way in a car is to

a) have a car that can accomodate 3-4" speakers in the dash
b) modify the door to accomodate the woofers usually 6.5" and larger

the object of such an install it not so much as to eliminate the sub but to move the soundstage forward by using larger speakers in the front and have more bass coming from the front with possibly just the last octave being produced by the sub.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks