Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2015, 09:17   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Altis Re-Iced : The "Focal" Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Sorry for waking up an old thread. But how is the Focal SB P30 sub in SQ. Does it give that punch you get from Infinity Kappa 120.9W and Rock Fosgate P3 D412 subs ?
Hi,

I have not auditioned those 2 subs so will not be able to comment on it. The Focal is pretty subdued when it comes to bass, it's smooth IMO just like their component/rear speakers. I'd compare these EU speakers to Blaupunkt, not over excited like their US counterparts which I preferred once upon a time.
Old 30th August 2015, 11:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Hi,

I have not auditioned those 2 subs so will not be able to comment on it. The Focal is pretty subdued when it comes to bass, it's smooth IMO just like their component/rear speakers. I'd compare these EU speakers to Blaupunkt, not over excited like their US counterparts which I preferred once upon a time.
Even I'm transitioning from those loud boom boom subs to something more subtle but at the same time I want to feel the thump in the heart just inside the car , not outside. Does this sub provide that ?

Unfortunately I do not have an Installer where I can audition this sub.

Last edited by stanjohn123 : 30th August 2015 at 11:18.
Old 30th August 2015, 11:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Even I'm transitioning from those loud boom boom subs to something more subtle but at the same time I want to feel the thump in the heart just inside the car , not outside. Do these subs provide that ?

Unfortunately I do not have an Installer where I can audition these subs.
Yes I believe it can provide the thump you seek. How much is a matter of opinion/taste. It definitely works for me and for the music that I listen to.

However, more than just the sub woofer, there are 3 things you need to be mindful of:

a) The sub amplifier plays a big part in delivering the correct amount of power to the speaker.

b) Also make sure you fix the SW after checking the effect in different positions inside the boot. Since this SW comes with an enclosure you may want to think of using Velcro straps to hold it in place.

c) Not sure which car you drive, but it will sound better in a 3 box sedan than in a hatchback or a MUV.

Also, Focal sub amps have a "remote" cabled sensitivity control right that can be installed at a location near the driver for easy adjustments.

PS - Gosh it's been >2.5 years since the ICE upgrade. How time flies!

Last edited by manson : 4th October 2016 at 16:32. Reason: Typo.
Old 30th August 2015, 17:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I believe it can provide the thump you seek. How much is a matter of opinion/taste. It definitely works for me and for the music that I listen to.

However, more than just the sub woofer, there are 3 things you need to be mindful of:

a) The sub amplifier plays a big part in delivering the correct amount of power to the speaker.

b) Also make sure you fix the SW after checking the effect in different positions inside the boot. Since this SW comes with an enclosure you may want to think of using Velcro straps to hold it in place.

c) Not sure which car you drive, but it will sound better in a 3 box sedan than in a hatchback or a MUV.

Also, Focal sub amps have a "remote" cabled sensitivity control right that can be installed at a location near the driver for easy adjustments.

PS - Gosh it's been >2.5 years since the ICE upgrade. How time flies!
a) The sub will be powered by a Kenwood 8106D mono channel amp. Hope that's enough for it.

b) Alright , got it.

c) This will be installed in my Fluidic Verna.

Having a remote is a nice option.
Old 14th September 2015, 23:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An update. I didn't go with Focals. Instead I've ordered the Gladen RS 12 sub and a Rainbow Beat 1 Plus Mono Amp.
Old 14th September 2015, 23:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Actually blaupunkt is quite bright compared to infinity. I had blaupunkt velocity components before and replaced them with infinity kappas. The latter is actually quite laid back in my car after proper setup. Not sure why they got the bright sounding designation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks