Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2013, 10:39   #1

My Vento gets ICE'd

Another Vento ICE setup.

Did this day before yesterday at Batra Auto Zone, Gurgaon. Good, clean installation. Gagan and Deepak both were helpful and forthcoming with good ideas.

Setup as follows:

Pioneer FX-H759BT | JBL GTO 609C - front | Hertz Dieci DCX 165 - rear | JBL GT X646 amp powering front and sub | Polk sub with box | Scosche wiring | no damping for Vento.

Used front out of amp to drive components at front and driving the rear coax speakers from the HU. Other 2 channels from amp used to power the sub.

Compared JBL components with Focal 165, while the audio from Focal was clear and crisp, I like the "bright" JBL components sound.

Compared Polk sub with Rockford Fosgate (again, with the box from manufacturer) and while the Rockford sub sounded more powerful, I felt the Polk sub delivered "tighter" bass, which is what I prefer.

I chose the Pioneer 759BT because I am not interested in video or sat nav (which I use my smartphone for), but wanted good connectivity, RCA out for amp and it ships with a separate microphone. Everything else liks MIXTRAX etc. is of no real use to me.

HU fitting was done with the help of a gap-filling plate since the original VW HU was bigger. (It is so costly, at Rs 950, for a measly piece of plastic, that the manufacturer of such plates must be laughing all the way to the bank).

I am keeping the HPF at 80 Hz at the HU and similar at the amp. Will adjust it over time.

Sound output is quite near to what I hoped to hear. The sub is filling in the lows well, but I am trying to make the bass even tighter. Rear Hertz are not playing much part as they are not amplified, but should help when the sub is not around.

The approx cost breakup was like this:
HU (Pio 759BT): 9700
Components (JBL GTO609C): 6000
Coax (Hertz Dieci Coax): 3100
Amp (JBL X646): 7000
Sub (Polk with box, sorry dont have the model number): 5900
Wiring (Scosche): 2400 + 400 for extra RCA
Adjusting plate for HU: 950

Again, Auto Zone, Gurgaon, did a good job. No wire cuts, clean layout of wires, no scratches anywhere.

Finally, this is my first step into the ICE world. With time (and of course, more moolah), things will change. First thing in my mind is getting a new monoblock amp for the sub and powering the rear speakers with the current amp.

Suggestions and comments invited.
charu85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 14:54   #2
BHPian

Hello charu85,

Congratulations on the new ICE setup. The write-up surely warrants some HQ pictures please treat us to the setup snaps.

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 17th February 2013 at 15:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks