Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2006, 15:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
B&T, are you a regular reader of MAD ? i think it shows that you are. lol
Thats the same thign that ran through my head when I read the list... and E_lover I think he writes for MAD mag......Alfred E. Neuman himself I presume
Old 5th September 2006, 15:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Thats the same thign that ran through my head when I read the list... and E_lover I think he writes for MAD mag......Alfred E. Neuman himself I presume
yep, you said it right, soul.
Old 5th September 2006, 15:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ahhh, MAD magazine! Neuman was my biggest influence and inspiration since childhood. I must have been amongst the first 10 subscribers when MAD officially hit Indian stands. At one point I really thought having a toothless grin would be a great fashion statement.

I used to love another comic book called Dennis the Menace. Not the Hank Ketcham one. If I remember right, it was a British publication. And he had one whacky looking dog called Gnasher and it used to center around a Count Whackula who had an affinity for Ketchup. Anyone remember this? I think it was by the same guys who did Beano comic books.

We should seriously have an uncensored 'waste of time' section on this board for all this off-topic nonsense that keeps popping up. (99.9% contributed by me, of course). And yeah, guess who just volunteered as moderator?
Old 5th September 2006, 16:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
We should seriously have an uncensored 'waste of time' section on this board for all this off-topic nonsense that keeps popping up. (99.9% contributed by me, of course). And yeah, guess who just volunteered as moderator?
I am all for it, shall we bomard GTO with some PM's to get this done!!

Last edited by iraghava : 5th September 2006 at 16:07.
Old 5th September 2006, 16:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
yep, i think we should.

@B&T. - The initial copies in India were pretty good, but later on, i did not find the indian editions to be that good, specially the coloured ones. they suck & MAD sure has lost its charm now.

i still have a decent collection of the old US/UK editions. they are really good

Last edited by esteem_lover : 5th September 2006 at 16:28.
Old 5th September 2006, 17:26   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Hey, I'm still a Mod. The Ice Mod I may add.

If we start putting all chatter into the junkyard the ICE section will loose it character and abot 80% of it's posts.
Old 5th September 2006, 17:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

If we start putting all chatter into the junkyard the ICE section will loose it character and abot 80% of it's posts.
Hmmm... You have a very important point here Navin, let me reconsider my offer!
Old 5th September 2006, 17:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Point well made
Point taken.

how about a humour thread, where we can share the day's humour, related to cars. of course.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 5th September 2006 at 17:53.
Old 5th September 2006, 18:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Point well made
Point taken.

how about a humour thread, where we can share the day's humour, related to cars. of course.
I think what would be nice would be to have a Spam topic where we can post all kind of crap, jokes, non-car related stuff etc. And it would be lightly moderated too if possible. Do you guys think it would be a good idea?

On another much larger international forum which I frequent such a topic exists and the threads there are really funny with minimal moderation. This leads to all kinds of funny stuff being posted & lots of friendly banter among the users. Maybe we should post these suggestions in the suggestion thread?
Old 5th September 2006, 22:05   #25
Team-BHP Support

well you got Shifting gears and the official joke thread. you want something specific?
Old 6th September 2006, 06:55   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Nope I beg to differ. If you ask me, this little sub section of a subsection has developed it's own character. Anybody that wants to change it has to go through me. And my big dead huge body.
Old 6th September 2006, 11:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well you got Shifting gears and the official joke thread. you want something specific?
i am still trying to get past sam's huge dead body. but who killed him ? man, iraghava, did you ?
Old 6th September 2006, 11:50   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i am still trying to get past sam's huge dead body. but who killed him ? man, iraghava, did you ?
Nope he was smothered by this...

...and he died with a huge grin on his face :-)

Nah he is still alive and kicking and about the smothering I think that is for him to know and us not to bother about (the thought of Sam enjoying all that is too painful atleast for me).
Old 6th September 2006, 13:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Moi killing Sam HAHAHAHAHA you must be kidding!! Have you seen his huge body & my puny one I wouldn't even dare to as much as touch him 'cause if he as much as sits on me I am papad I tell you

But yeah I guess as Navin mentiones he's smothered by all the dancing & courting in Berlin, lucky B@st@rd!!
Old 6th September 2006, 13:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

My point though was that the threads that have absolutely no substance like our rantings at times would be posted in that section, in two words they would be full of fultu bakwaas bas, nothing else. Navin I'm PM'ing you a link for you to go through. This will probably explain to you in details what I am suggesting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks