Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2017, 12:46   #1531
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Adding a picture of my installation. Its partially covered with the mirror, I prefer bit more higher but the rain sensor blackened edge comes into the top corner of the video frame. Entire 10 feet cable was concealed without any tools (ref.previous post with green marking). I must also add, this 10 feet is a perfect length for the purpose, including a compact SUV type area !
Attachment 1641318
I see that you have mounted your dashcam on that Frit Band (Black Band). From what i understand, generally the suction cup does not hold tightly when put on that band. So, just wanted to know whether it is same for you? If so, how are you managing it?
Old 8th June 2017, 13:21   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I see that you have mounted your dashcam on that Frit Band (Black Band). From what i understand, generally the suction cup does not hold tightly when put on that band. So, just wanted to know whether it is same for you? If so, how are you managing it?
My assumptions below:
1. May be the mount is of good quality, it was from Amazon an year back.
2. Feather light SJCam4000.
3. Power cable is supporting the weight partially from the top.
If required, t can be made lighter by removing the battery too as its always powered by 12V socket. As of now, its holding well, never had to stick it a second time. But I think anything heavier would drop off in few hours.
Old 8th June 2017, 13:28   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My assumptions below:
1. May be the mount is of good quality, it was from Amazon an year back.
2. Feather light SJCam4000.
3. Power cable is supporting the weight partially from the top.
If required, t can be made lighter by removing the battery too as its always powered by 12V socket. As of now, its holding well, never had to stick it a second time. But I think anything heavier would drop off in few hours.
Thanks for the clarification. It was for my friend, so i will convey this information to him.
Old 8th June 2017, 13:55   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
This is the link that Abhi and I used.

Main reason : At least 20$ lesser in price
Link comparing both: https://www.carcamcentral.com/review/viofo-a119-review

Other reasons that I told myself :-)
* A119 is probably tested well compared to newer A119S
* A119 has wider view angle
* Has higher resolution video compared to just 1080p of A119S
* Sideways adjustment of camera
What brand of memory cards do these sellers use? i can get a $15 discount if my order crosses a certain value, and that is possible only if I add a memory card. Also, did the installation interfer with the RIFD sticker that Mahindra sticks on the windshield?
Old 8th June 2017, 14:05   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
What brand of memory cards do these sellers use? i can get a $15 discount if my order crosses a certain value, and that is possible only if I add a memory card. Also, did the installation interfer with the RIFD sticker that Mahindra sticks on the windshield?
No idea, I did not get the SD card bundle. I got a transcend 633X 64GB separately. It did not interfere with the sticker but I had to move it slightly towards the driver side. The install was fairly simple.
simonkayar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 14:15   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
No idea, I did not get the SD card bundle. I got a transcend 633X 64GB separately. It did not interfere with the sticker but I had to move it slightly towards the driver side. The install was fairly simple.
I am at $106 with GPS and CPL. Unsure of the CPL and its effectiveness as the CPL in my mini-0826 was rendered useless pretty fast- it kinda unscrewed while adjusting the position and the glass of the CPL fell off and rolled of somewhere.

Now, $109 of shopping allows me to get a $15 store discount. So I could order a memory card- only 16 or 32 gb option (and no details on name, class etc.) or a hardwire kit to make up for the pending $2. Thinking of the hardwire kit, as that will free up my cigarette lighter point, plus the interiors will look more neater.
Old 8th June 2017, 15:48   #1537
BHPian

I have ordered the below item from Aliexpress yesterday (LeadEdge H3 Dashcam)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...809626345.html

Though the item was not having enough reviews, I read reviews of their previous model 'LeadEdge H2' which is having fairly good rating.

This model meets my requirement of 'No GPS', 'No Battery' and ofcourse economical. It also has Wifi so that you can download videos directly.

Those who can pay a little more for the Dash Cam with similar features and better quality may look at the below product 'DDPAI Mini 2' (also without GPS & Battery (Capacitor Based))
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...792094635.html
batman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 08:50   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
CPL fell off and rolled of somewhere.
Thinking of the hardwire kit, as that will free up my cigarette lighter point, plus the interiors will look more neater.
The CPL of Viofo attaches pretty strongly. No issues. Also the hardwire kit is definitely a better option than memory card. Get a 64 GB memory card from elsewhere.
simonkayar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 10:15   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
The CPL of Viofo attaches pretty strongly. No issues. Also the hardwire kit is definitely a better option than memory card. Get a 64 GB memory card from elsewhere.
My CPL filter too tends to fall off on bumps and it is very irritating. Have used an insulation tape as a workaround!
Old 9th June 2017, 18:15   #1540
Senior - BHPian

I purchased a Blaupunkt BP 2.0 car dashcam in August 2015. The dashcam stopped working today . It didn't turn itself on when I connected it to the car charging point . I got the attached messages when I connected it to my laptop . Anyone faced this problem ? Has the device short-circuited itself ? I've already tried the reset button on the device - anything else that I should try ?

What's the warranty period on the product ? I don't see any warranty related information in the box or the manual . I've sent a mail to their customer support.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-blaupunkt.jpg

When I click on the message this is what I get :

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-bp2.jpg

Last edited by sdp1975 : 9th June 2017 at 18:27.
Old 13th June 2017, 15:38   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
He dropped a @119s with GPS and CPL filter at my hotel! Total damage 1070 hkd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Ordered VIOFO A119S (with GPS and CPL) through AliExpress today.
Ordered one myself today. Hope to do a DIY fix.
Old 16th June 2017, 18:14   #1542
BHPian

I have newly installed Mobius dash cam with capacitor in my car which is hard wired to power ON only upon ignition. Video recording is set to 1080p 60fps with 32gb SD card. This can record max of 4hrs of video. Now my question is, what is the best practice? do you guys set it to loop recording? If yes, you would obviously loose video clips on long drives. I am set to a long picturesque monsoon highway drive this weekend (600km one way) 9-10hrs approximately. I want to retain all clips, few things which I can think of to retain all video:
  • Increase SD card to 64gb(I need to still check if my dashcam supports it)
  • Change SD card on the go(will have to keep track of how many hours you are driving)
  • Reduce 60fps to 30fps and change 720p from 1080p to accommodate larger files and take periodic backup

Would love to know fellow members opinion on these points.

Also while at it would like to know what is the preferred video settings for dashcams. I am listing few what I have been using from last 1 month or so. These options would obviously differ from cam to cam, please feel free to add/edit while replying:
  • Frame Rate: 60fps
  • Loop recording: Occ
  • File Type: MP4
  • FOV: Wide
  • Video Resolution: 1080p
  • Time Laps: Off

PS: Sorry if this has been discussed earlier.
Old 16th June 2017, 19:35   #1543
BHPian

Hi - Can someone suggest a decent Dash Cam in the price range 4-5K?

I'm not a DIY guy. So, I don't mind the cables hanging around the dashboard
Old 16th June 2017, 22:31   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
  • Change SD card on the go(will have to keep track of how many hours you are driving)
  • Reduce 60fps to 30fps and change 720p from 1080p to accommodate larger files and take periodic backup
I think you could easily do option 2 and 3. For #2, check if your dashcam displays number of minutes of recording capacity left. If it does, you simply have to check the display periodically and change the card at the right time. It might also emit a beep when the card is full (try it out) and at that time you simply stop and change the card.
Also, 30fps should be more than enough for all practical purposes. At that frame rate, video is already very smooth. 60 fps might be useful if you are taking extreme action videos and want to extract frames from the video as stills, or you want to watch videos in slow motion. There might be other uses for 60fps, but I am not aware of any.
I would keep the 1080p resolution though.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 00:50   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
I have newly installed Mobius dash cam with capacitor in my car which is hard wired to power ON only upon ignition. Video recording is set to 1080p 60fps with 32gb SD card. This can record max of 4hrs of video. Now my question is, what is the best practice? do you guys set it to loop recording? If yes, you would obviously loose video clips on long drives. I am set to a long picturesque monsoon highway drive this weekend (600km one way) 9-10hrs approximately. I want to retain all clips, few things which I can think of to retain all video:
Loop-recording should ideally be kept ON if the Mobius is being utilised as a dash cam.

Leave it at 1080p and get a higher capacity card. I'm using a 64GB, 128GB also works. Do format the card using mSetup and it should be good to go.

60 FPS is not available for 1080p, only for 720p and below.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks