Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2017, 13:28   #1816
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
...I am forced to redeem amazon vouchers worth 4-5k by the end of this month that I received as a recognition...
Is it to be used only for automobile section ? SJCam4000 wifi is an all in one cam which has made its own reputation over the years. Lot of quality comparisons have been close to the Hero variants. I have 2 of them, both from Amazon, right now in the 6k range. It is 170 wide angle, supports upto 64 GB (around 9 hours high res recording). Has a built-in dash cam mode. Also acts as an action cam on your bike, helmet, under water etc. Have a check on the reviews and sample videos. Its worth the money
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:34   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Is it to be used only for automobile section ? SJCam4000 wifi is an all in one cam which has made its own reputation over the years. Lot of quality comparisons have been close to the Hero variants. I have 2 of them, both from Amazon, right now in the 6k range. It is 170 wide angle, supports upto 64 GB (around 9 hours high res recording). Has a built-in dash cam mode. Also acts as an action cam on your bike, helmet, under water etc. Have a check on the reviews and sample videos. Its worth the money
No. The vouchers need not be used only for automotive section. I just put it that way to my wife
I searched for the model in amazon but lots of it seems replicas or am I missing something?
Could you please post a snap of it in your car and any snaps from the cam? It certainly will help.
Old 9th November 2017, 14:51   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here using Lukas dashcam? How good are these dashcams with regard to lowlight video quality. I am planning an upgrade from Transcend DP220.
Old 9th November 2017, 15:00   #1819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...please post a snap of it in your car and any snaps from the cam?
Amazon seller is SJCAM itself, so it's through the official dealer. Here is how it looks behind the mirror, very compact, connected to the 12v socket, cable running through the roof, A pillar and below dash. Goes off in 3 mts after the engine is off and doors are locked. I have set it as 10 mts loop mode. I bought the Amazonbasics 10 feet Micro-USB to USB cable and a Magideal suction mount as accessories. Every other accessory comes with the SJcam box.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-tag.jpeg

Here is one of my videos posted many pages back:
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 23:13   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Amazon seller is SJCAM itself,

That looks good enough. The day time video is great too. I am sure the original video must be better. Thank you for the details.
Old 10th November 2017, 11:00   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
That looks good enough. The day time video is great too. I am sure the original video must be better. Thank you for the details.
Careful. This model overheats. Buy viofo 119s as it is a capacitor based model and no fakes have been made yet. But the WiFi is great. I use it as a parking aid!
proton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 19:38   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
Careful. This model overheats. Buy viofo 119s as it is a capacitor based model and no fakes have been made yet. But the WiFi is great. I use it as a parking aid!
I have added that to the cart in aliexpress and waiting for 11.11
But I see that this model has to be hard wired instead of using the charger. IF that is the case I may not be able to get any of such model due to warranty reasons
Old 10th November 2017, 20:05   #1823
BHPian

Hope this post doesn't violate the guidelines. If it does, I request you to delete it.
I was using a cheap dash-cam that costed something around Rs. 1400. The mount broke and I noticed that the video quality was atrocious. Hence, I ordered the Junsun S30 camera from a site called Banggood.com. It is cheaper right now on Banggood than on Aliexpress, even at their 11-11 sale price. The product costed me about Rs. 1129. It has wifi and the video quality seems acceptable. (it's in Russian but you can gauge the quality).

I've ordered from Banggood in the past and the products arrive in India after a month. The customs clearance takes 1 week in Kolkata while their delivery takes about 3 weeks.

I'm posting this because I found a cheaper price on Banggood for a good product and members might benefit from it. No affiliation to either the company or the e-commerce site.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 10th November 2017 at 20:09. Reason: Added a line.
Nissan1180 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 20:35   #1824
BHPian

Guys, I am planning to get DDPAI M6 plus on 11.11 sale from AliExpress. It would be around 110$. This is first time ordering something of this value from AliExpress, so what would be the customs amount ? And will I get notified in someway that it has arrived and awaiting payment?
Thanks in advance
Old 11th November 2017, 11:55   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifier View Post
Guys, I am planning to get DDPAI M6 plus on 11.11 sale from AliExpress. It would be around 110$. This is first time ordering something of this value from AliExpress, so what would be the customs amount ? And will I get notified in someway that it has arrived and awaiting payment?
Thanks in advance
The customs will surely notify you via sms, email or phone about your item that it has arrived and awaiting clearance (if they have levied duty on your item).
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 12:30   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Amazon seller is SJCAM itself, so it's through the official dealer. Here is how it looks behind the mirror, very compact, connected to the 12v socket, cable running through the roof, A pillar and below dash. Goes off in 3 mts after the engine is off and doors are locked. I have set it as 10 mts loop mode. I bought the Amazonbasics 10 feet Micro-USB to USB cable and a Magideal suction mount as accessories. Every other accessory comes with the SJcam box.
It is difficult to make out the number plates..? Is it due to motion, or the resolution captured is not high enough.?
Old 11th November 2017, 19:36   #1827
BHPian

After placing an order at AliExpress and payment done with virtual credit card, I receive a mail saying the payment is being verified by seller and the shipment will be processed thereafter. Is this normal?
Old 11th November 2017, 21:00   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
After placing an order at AliExpress and payment done with virtual credit card, I receive a mail saying the payment is being verified by seller and the shipment will be processed thereafter. Is this normal?
Yes, next step is shipment notification. Consider posting such queries here.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 19:25   #1829
Senior - BHPian

I finally ordered the viofo a119 via AliExpress on heir 11.11 sale. Cost 82$ for CPL, GPS and the camera. Now the waiting game for the delivery. I hope it comes by this month.
I had ordered a small 10$ item about 3 weeks ago and it's still to reach.
Old 13th November 2017, 05:27   #1830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I finally ordered the viofo a119 via AliExpress on heir 11.11 sale. Cost 82$ for CPL, GPS and the camera. Now the waiting game for the delivery. I hope it comes by this month.
I had ordered a small 10$ item about 3 weeks ago and it's still to reach.

Let us know how it goes. Also do you need to purchase any other accessories with the camera?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks