Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 20:42   #226
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
An old Android ....
Any suggestions are welcome !
One quick question, won't the heat from the direct sunlight not fry the phone?
Old 31st July 2015, 21:20   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Autoguard is good and I had used it for sometime on my phone as well. It let's you loop record and restrict memory available for storing the video files. IIRC it also has a stealth mode, where you could be using navigation, and it would continue recording in the background.
Yea, it does ! But actually, I do not really need it since I would neither take any calls nor messages nor use it for music etc...

Quote:
To accomplish auto start and shutdown, root it and install Tasker. You can then trigger the app (autoguard) on a power event.
Thank you for the suggestion, Sir. I shall try this and was waiting for such advice.

Quote:
Be sure to remove the phone from the car when parking for a longer duration or at an unknown place. Would prevent the chances of vandalism to the car.
Yeah sir! I remove the whole setup when I see any imminent danger [ unless and until the place is well secured and known as you suggested]

Quote:
But, I would still recommend going for a cheap dedicated dashcam.
Lol, the budget across the corner is quite constrained and hence using this makeshift model and as the phone was lying without any purpose, I got this thought.
I'd shift ASAP !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Emergency calls go through despite no SIMs. It needs just any network to call an emergency number, maybe you should find a way to disable dialing Emergency call numbers from the app or improve on the mounting.
Thanks sir! I fed my own number to this though probably the app always asked me to confirm the call and I'd tap 'no' !

I will do as you suggested !

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
One quick question, won't the heat from the direct sunlight not fry the phone?
I have been using this since a week and in this meantime, I park it in my office, under direct sunlight , but as of now, I do not see any perceptible change in the functioning or performance of the mobile even though your point is certainly valid. I will see that the mobile is shielded from the Sunlight . Thank you Sir!

Since the whole setup is quite easy to pull or put it back and will take probably a minute or so the phone can be taken-off at any given moment !
Old 2nd August 2015, 18:52   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Does Mobius qualify as a Dash Cam? I have been under the impression that dashboard cameras usually save files in short recordings of 2-3 minutes, rather than a single long recording.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 2nd August 2015 at 19:36. Reason: fixed long quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 19:36   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbv View Post
Does Mobius qualify as a Dash Cam? I have been under the impression that dashboard cameras usually save files in short recordings of 2-3 minutes, rather than a single long recording.
Yes, your understanding is correct. Dashcams have loop recording. They record segments from 3-5 minutes depending upon settings. Mobius also does that with loop recording. So yes, its a dashcam. But of course, its your choice to switch off loop recording or whatever in the settings
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 20:45   #230
BHPian

If you are in the market for a dash cam do have a look at the unit mentioned in the link. Even if you do not want this particular unit make an attempt to buy a unit with this particular sensor and chipset. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/G90-c...963735531.html
Old 3rd August 2015, 14:06   #231
Senior - BHPian

Here are a couple more full HD dashcam (GW1-C) videos from my trip in May 2015.

Old 3rd August 2015, 17:30   #232
Team-BHP Support

Received the Blaupunkt BP 2.0 dash cam last weekend (thanks to Sunnyboi who had shared the Snapdeal link in the Online shopping thread). Got it for Rs. 1881 which includes a 10% cashback using SBI CC.

Specs and the relevant details here - Blaupunkt BP 2.0 FHD

Some unboxing snaps + contents inside:

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150801_12_54_22_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150801_12_54_33_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150801_12_54_45_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150801_12_55_40_pro.jpg

Contents - dash cam, USB to mini USB cable, 12 V socket charger, windshield mount with suction cup and a user manual.

The footprint of the device is small - it measures just 63 mm x 30 mm x 58 mm (L x B x H). To put it in perspective:

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150801_12_56_22_pro.jpg

The dash cam has a tiny 2” screen at the rear (with a scratch guard pre-applied) and 6 buttons for operation:

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150801_12_56_48_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150801_12_57_43_pro.jpg

UI is simple and it’s easy to navigate across the menus and options using the UP, DOWN and REC buttons.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150803_17_10_40_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150803_17_10_54_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150803_17_11_26_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150803_17_11_35_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150803_17_11_45_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150803_17_11_55_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150803_17_12_06_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150803_17_12_13_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150803_17_12_26_pro.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20150803_17_12_40_pro.jpg

The cam has a G sensor for detecting any abrupt change in the motion of the car which triggers a new record loop and a motion detection system that senses an object ahead and starts a recording.

We tested the cam using a 32 GB mSD card. Here’s a sample video shot in 480p:

Some observations during the course of the usage:

1. No auto-exposure setting. Evident when the car goes from a well-lit area to a darker one (say shade under the trees).

2. High space usage - a 10 minute 480p clip occupies 1 GB of space. A 720p clip occupies 1.4 GB and a 1080p clip occupied 1.7GB of space.

3. Video is captured in 10 minute clips.

4. Focus is a bit off at times and happens particularly during low-exposure areas.

5. Has 2 tiny LEDs to indicate that the dash cam is recording (blinking green LED) and charging (continuous red LED).

6. Videos can be previewed from the device based on the time stamp and can be deleted.

Here's the user manual from Blaupunkt but trimmed to remove the unwanted language content - Blaupunkt BP 2.0 User Manual.pdf

Looks like a very VFM device for the price paid. We will be needing an additional 32 GB mSD card for long'ish trips.
Gannu_1 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:45   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Looks like a very VFM device for the price paid. We will be needing an additional 32 GB mSD card for long'ish trips.
For the specs that this one carries and the price, it is indeed a very VFM product and there should be no doubt about that.

More than 6 months before a Bhpian friend had shared with me the URL when it featured in NDTV Gadgets and I was impressed with the features and the price tag (~4000 INR then).

Indeed worth than the typical Chinese DVRs which have no name.

Regarding the size of the clips - Well, what I have have (Transcend DP 200) is the 3rd Dashcam and I am not really happy with the size of the clips too. 720p mode records up to 8H20M whiile 1080p records uo to 4H10M but I get to opt between 1, 2 and 5 minute clip duration (Makes life easier when uploading 1m clips).

The Exposure settings: With the DP200, I usually keep the exposure to 0 (Default setting) for day time and make it +1 for nights. I have noticed that the night recording gets more clearer with this setting and is easy to read signages/ milestones & Licence plates too.

Would love to see sample clips from Day and Night.
Old 5th August 2015, 09:29   #234
Senior - BHPian

Those looking for the SJ4000 can also order it from NH4 motorheads website instead of Aliexpress.

http://nh4motorheads.com/store/index...pre-order.html

PS-I am in no way associated with NH4 motorheads. Had got a notification today morning on FB and thought of sharing for the needy .
Old 7th August 2015, 09:05   #235
Team-BHP Support

Re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I have to somehow figure out how to conceal the wire in the car, since they have thoughtfully provided an extra long connecting wire.
Route the cable through the co-driver side A-pillar (pry open the trim) and through the gap between the ceiling and the headliner, pull out the mini-USB end near the IRVM.

If your Rapid has a square hole covered adjacent to the 12V cigarette lighter receptacle, route it through that way and pull it out below the central tunnel trim. Else you may have to cut a small hole large enough for the mini-USB connector to pass through.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th August 2015 at 13:57.
Old 7th August 2015, 11:24   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Received the Blaupunkt BP 2.0 dash cam
thanks for update here , ordered today in snapdeal available for 2300 + 10% off on app , nett 2070..
Old 7th August 2015, 12:08   #237
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday used the Blaupunkt BP 2.0 for the first time, this segment was from yesterday's drive through rains. I remember a BHPian asking the performance of the camera during rains, so here you go :

SunnyBoi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 13:46   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday used the Blaupunkt BP 2.0 for the first time, this segment was from yesterday's drive through rains. I remember a BHPian asking the performance of the camera during rains, so here you go :
Thanks. Ordered one as well today
Old 7th August 2015, 14:11   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At that price the dashcam looks VFM and the beading effect is simply .
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 15:02   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Would love to see sample clips from Day and Night.
Here is short clip taken at night. Good enough I would say.

The sound quality is also very good . The dim/bright and indicator activation and clicking can be heard clearly. All this can add up as valuable proof as and when required.

Thanks to SunnyBoi for the heads up on the sale.

tharian is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks