Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2018, 14:50   #2506
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I have gotten interested as my wife's Lenovo K4 Note has developed a strange problem. Its wifi/ bluetooth/ hotspot etc. are not switching on. While the phone and its data connection is otherwise working fine, she might get a new phone and I am already getting some ideas

Regards,
Saket.
Just check on XDA developer's site to see if there is a tutorial to root the Lenovo K4. If there is one, you can go ahead and use it as desired.
francis_vaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 08:04   #2507
Senior - BHPian

Guy's I got a really cheap DVR system with a rear cam as well as Front Dash Cam. The Quality is pretty Decent too. Only rear Cam is a bit low on Quality due to a poorer Sensor.

In the Review I explain how to purchase it cheap too.

Since all the Rear View Camera options provided by my TATA dealership seemed to be absurdly expensive, I decided to do some research and purchase it online. The OEM rear view setup offered by the dealer costed a whopping 18,500 Rs and their cheaper after market option costed close to 9,000 Rs.

Even online on online sites like Amazon and Flipkart the price started from 4,500 Rs and upward's just for a rear camera DVR setup. But my search as usual ended with a huge surprise, in a good way !. I found this below for just 2,500 Rs !!

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-1.jpg

It's a rear screen mirror with an in-built 4.3 " TFT screen. If you turn the system OFF, the mirror can be perfectly used as a normal rear view mirror as well. It has a nice cool blue tint on the mirror. It also has golden paint on the corners and lens which looks really very nice and premium.

The front dash cam is a 1080p resolution camera and is attached to the back of the rear view mirror like this below.
Front Cam

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-4a.jpg

The rear camera is a 720P resolution camera with 4 LED lights around it. The picture quality is just average ,I guess the sensor used is cheap,but nevertheless it's still good for the price. The LED lights are really very good while reversing the car at night as it provides really good illumination for the rear camera.

Sample pics of how the DVR system looks in real life.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-6.jpg

Obviously the 4.3 inch display can separately show just the rear view or front view completely as shown below. The below pic is of the rear view camera. Clarity is not extraordinary but it's pretty decent.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-5.jpg

Also when you engage reverse gear, the camera will automatically switch to reverse camera even if it was displaying the front camera. The reverse cam in this view will show guidelines as well which do not move with the steering wheel.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-7.jpg

Obviously you can also record all your footage's from the dash as well as rear cam. For this you need to purchase a Micro SD card which is class 4 or 6 SDHC, and the max capacity should be 32 GB and not above that.

You can record up to 2 weeks with a 32 GB card and 1 week with a 16 GB card.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-3.png

Rear Cam

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-4.png

HOW TO ORDER PRODUCT CHEAPLY :

Now what is the secret to purchasing it cheaply without Incurring custom's duty on the product.

Once you go to the link provided here for the item, just before you confirm the order. Please enter the coupon code ( provided here too ) and then select Warehouse China and then most importantly select ONLY India Direct Mail Option.*Chances are 95% you won't be charged custom's duty.

LINK OF PRODUCT's BELOW

Rear Cam + Dash Cam DVR System -*https://www.banggood.in/HD-1080P-Das...21273812201805
Coupon Code for further discount :*b71c67

2. Micro SD Card 16 GB Class -https://amzn.to/2C724ky

The Video Review Can be Found

Source : http://www.wheelnmotor.in/how-to-buy...system-for-car

Last edited by GTO : 29th October 2018 at 08:05. Reason: Moving to the Dashcam thread
stanjohn123 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 09:37   #2508
Senior - BHPian

I had a lovely vacation in September via Bandipur and Masinagudi and recorded some lovely drives through the forests and some wildlife. I'd saved these using the emergency button in my viofo A119.
I'd left it for a month and when I took the SD card last week only recordings from the 3rd day of the vacation week there - after we left Bandipur.
I'm sure it was recording and saving all the selected clips as the yellow logo would come on whenever I chose to save. Not sure if this is a memory card or camera issue. Hope it doesn't recur.
It seems to be recording and saving correctly now.
Old 30th October 2018, 16:27   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I had a lovely vacation in September via Bandipur and Masinagudi and recorded some lovely drives through the forests and some wildlife. I'd saved these using the emergency button in my viofo A119.
I'd left it for a month and when I took the SD card last week only recordings from the 3rd day of the vacation week there - after we left Bandipur.
I'm sure it was recording and saving all the selected clips as the yellow logo would come on whenever I chose to save. Not sure if this is a memory card or camera issue. Hope it doesn't recur.
It seems to be recording and saving correctly now.
Did you check the RO/LOCKED folder?

Locked files will also get overwritten - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...written.30163/
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 00:40   #2510
BHPian

So I got myself an Apeman C450 dashcam on my recent trip to US. It cost me around $43 and it is a cheap dashcam. Ordered a SanDisk 32Gb class 10 sd card for my dashcam from Amazon India.
Installation was easy and I put it behind the IRVM and pulled the wires through the roof lining across the A pillar under the dashboard to the charging point.

All of this is fine and relatively easy but the problem is the video quality. Although it has a 1080p resolution yet the videos are not very clear and you can't read number plates or signboards if the car is moving. Sample videos look good on youtube but mine is nowhere near.

Adding the links to the Youtube videos.

This is the daytime video. There is a lot of reflection of my dashboard on the camera. This may be because of the higher rake angle of the front windshield of the baleno but it is clearly evident in the video. Any idea how to get rid of it, at least in the video?

This is the night time recording. Please check out the video from 1:45 - 2:05 to understand the night time issue that I am talking about. In very low light conditions where the only light source is my own, the video suddenly becomes very grainy. And the moment another light source from the other end comes in the frame, the video becomes normal. Does anybody have an idea what could be the possible solution or a workaround ?
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 10:43   #2511
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used the AKASO V1. It seems to have good reviews on Amazon.

Link
Old 11th November 2018, 19:10   #2512
BHPian

Ordered the Blueskysea B1W dashcam with a hardwire kit today for just under 3k. Was looking for one with no batteries, no screen and a discreet design and this one was quite apt. Got a nice price in todays 11.11 sale on Aliexpress. The next model i had shortlisted from Viofo was selling for 4600 so thought i'l go with this for now. Now the long wait for delivery begins.
Will need to also order a SD card for it locally so any suggestions or can i order any from a good brand like samsung who has a 32gb one retailing for Rs 519.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 00:31   #2513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Ordered the Blueskysea B1W dashcam with a hardwire kit today for just under 3k. Was looking for one with no batteries, no screen and a discreet design and this one was quite apt. Got a nice price in todays 11.11 sale on Aliexpress. The next model i had shortlisted from Viofo was selling for 4600 so thought i'l go with this for now. Now the long wait for delivery begins.
Will need to also order a SD card for it locally so any suggestions or can i order any from a good brand like samsung who has a 32gb one retailing for Rs 519.
Hey there. Do you mind sharing the link please. I do find this model with seller "shenzen ..***) around 3k. But doesn't appear with hardwire kit. Did u buy seperate?
Cheers.
Old 12th November 2018, 00:38   #2514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Hey there. Do you mind sharing the link please. I do find this model with seller "shenzen ..***) around 3k. But doesn't appear with hardwire kit. Did u buy seperate?
Cheers.
Yes, same seller. When you select before adding to cart then choose the option with hardwire kit.
Old 12th November 2018, 05:50   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post

This is the daytime video. There is a lot of reflection of my dashboard on the camera. This may be because of the higher rake angle of the front windshield of the baleno but it is clearly evident in the video. Any idea how to get rid of it, at least in the video?

Try sticking a polarizing film or glass on to dashcam lens. If oriented correctly it should eliminate the reflection.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 08:03   #2516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is a lot of reflection of my dashboard on the camera. This may be because of the higher rake angle of the front windshield of the baleno but it is clearly evident in the video. Any idea how to get rid of it, at least in the video?
You need a circular polarizing filter (CPL) to cut down reflections, although it is likely to further worsen night recordings (which you already mentioned having a problem with). See this post (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread) for an example of the difference a CPL makes.
Old 12th November 2018, 11:32   #2517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Got mine delivered on 7th and installed it on the V-cross. Installation and setup is quick and easy. Routed power cable from inside glove box (V-cross has a 12v supply inside) through A-Pillar and roof lining. Took just 5 minutes to finish the wiring. Day time video quality is good (Yet to check Night view) but I am facing issue with dash board glare need to sort that out.

Post Installation pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img8154.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-edited.png  

tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 13:24   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
You need a circular polarizing filter (CPL) to cut down reflections, although it is likely to further worsen night recordings (which you already mentioned having a problem with).
Thank Arun, any idea about the underlying problem for the night recording? Do you think there might be some setting to take care of that which I might have missed to enable/disable?
Old 12th November 2018, 13:34   #2519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank Arun, any idea about the underlying problem for the night recording? Do you think there might be some setting to take care of that which I might have missed to enable/disable?
OK, I didn't look at the night clip very closely until now. Essentially, it appears that in the absence of incoming ambient light, the sensor over-exposes itself, which is why the video becomes bright. However, since there's no actual extra light involved in brightening the scene, the quality of the video takes a toss (similar to how night shots are not as sharp as daytime shots in a cellphone camera).

Looking at the specs for the camera, I notice it mentions a feature called "Wide Dynamic Range" - can you see if there's a setting to disable it, and see how that changes night-time recording? Also check daytime performance to see that it hasn't worsened.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 21:10   #2520
Senior - BHPian

I have ordered "70mai dash cam" from aliexpress today to be used as rear dash cam. I am using Viofo A119 in the front.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks