Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2018, 12:40   #2521
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Got mine delivered on 7th and installed it on the V-cross. Installation and setup is quick and easy. Routed power cable from inside glove box (V-cross has a 12v supply inside) through A-Pillar and roof lining. Took just 5 minutes to finish the wiring. Day time video quality is good (Yet to check Night view) but I am facing issue with dash board glare need to sort that out.

Post Installation pictures.
Nice to see someone who has the same model. You can try the CPL filters as i heard they supposedly cut the glare. However on using them the nighttime quality suffers so you will need to keep putting the filter on and off. Its retailing for around Rs 560 and seems to fit the exact model we have.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Blue...8-1e9b4e456e30
Mr. Nobody is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 13:46   #2522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Ordered the Blueskysea B1W dashcam with a hardwire kit today for just under 3k.
That's a good price with the hardwire kit included. I ordered the same dashcam too during the 11/11 sale, but added a CPL. Now waiting for the thing to show up.

Thought I'd give a heads-up that one of the 3 star reviews on the seller page at aliexpress indicated that the hardwire kit didn't have voltage protection.
LeadFoot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 17:45   #2523
BHPian

What is the advantage of hardwire kit over a simple USB-A to Mini-B cable connected to the 12V socket/USB Socket and routed underneath the A-Pillar?

Why does the kit say, that it protects the car battery from being drained?
Old 15th November 2018, 18:07   #2524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
What is the advantage of hardwire kit over a simple USB-A to Mini-B cable connected to the 12V socket/USB Socket and routed underneath the A-Pillar?

Why does the kit say, that it protects the car battery from being drained?
Hardwiring kits usually have a controller that monitors the battery voltage and turns off the power supply to the connected device if the voltage drops below a certain level. Some kits are versatile enough to allow the user to select this level, as well as the duration for which the device should be powered, after ignition off. The latter is needed to keep dash cams powered on while the vehicle is parked. The 12V socket in many cars are powered down if key is not in ACC or ON positions. In those vehicles that have an always on 12V socket, the device plugged into the socket can draw current till the battery goes dead. Not a good thing if one ends up with a dead battery after leaving the car parked for a while.
silversteed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 21:56   #2525
BHPian

Hi, my dad has a Transcend Drive Pro 220 Dash Cam for his Scorpio Auto S10. I want to hardwire it for him, but not sure of any good available hardwire kits that I can buy quickly. Can anyone recommend a good one from Amazon or somewhere similar which I can get my hands on asap? Don't really want to go through the AliExpress route if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st November 2018, 04:30   #2526
BHPian

Received the Blueskysea B1W from Aliexpress in 9 days flat. Ordered during 11.11 sale. Now waiting for the SD card to install. Here are the pics.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1542754735.219370.jpgThe Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1542754775.806325.jpgThe Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1542754795.855211.jpgThe Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1542754806.693536.jpg
fast_elegance is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 06:37   #2527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Got mine delivered on 7th and installed it on the V-cross. Installation and setup is quick and easy.

Post Installation pictures.
Hi tazmaan, looking at the pics of your installation, you have the emergency button on the right. I looked at many videos and they have it on the left. Also, the blueskysea written on the cam will be flipped when you do this. Is this correct? I am guessing the videos will also be upside down. Am I missing something?
Old 21st November 2018, 07:45   #2528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Hi tazmaan, looking at the pics of your installation, you have the emergency button on the right. I looked at many videos and they have it on the left. Also, the blueskysea written on the cam will be flipped when you do this. Is this correct? I am guessing the videos will also be upside down. Am I missing something?

You are right I kept the button on driver side and the device is installed upside down. But the videos are not upside down I guess it self adjusts.
tazmaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 14:05   #2529
BHPian

So the black friday sale is on and I can see some tempting prices on Aliexpress and Gearbest. I am on the lookout for an inexpensive dashcam and currently confused between the Yi Compact and the Xiaomi 70Mai. Anyon who will be able to help with deciding between the two ?

Posting the links for the same. Both the links contain free shipping !

70 MAI going for 30$
https://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_...ml?wid=1349303

Yi Compact going for 33$
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/YI-C...8-ef843ded11bd
Old 23rd November 2018, 20:09   #2530
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for user reviews of Viofo A129 Duo. Any first hand account would really be helpful. Couple of my friends are considering this camera.
Old 3rd December 2018, 18:33   #2531
BHPian

Got the Yi Smart Dash Camera from Aliexpress during their 11.11 sale. I had a very limited budget and only wanted the basic features covered and boy oh boy this unit managed to impress. I have set it to 1080p 60 fps and the video quality is very impressive during daytime with number plates clearly legible and fairly good during night time too. Had asked the seller to ship it with an extra suction cup mount and a 64 GB TF card from Sandisk. It came to Kochi within 20 days via Singapore post. The unit was priced at $71 (5400 INR) inclusive of all charges. Extremely satisfied with the purchase.
I will let the pics do the talking.

PS: More info at https://www.yitechnology.com/yi-smart-dash-camera
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20181130wa0029.jpeg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20181130wa0032.jpeg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20181130wa0035.jpeg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20181201wa0028.jpeg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20181201wa0030.jpeg  

Last edited by aswin ajith : 3rd December 2018 at 18:35. Reason: Product Link
aswin ajith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 20:57   #2532
BHPian

I received my Blueseasky B1W dashcam and installed it after the card too arrived from amazon last weekend. For Rs 3000 for the camera with hardwire kit + 400 for a 32 gb memory card it feels like a nice VFM option. The hardwire kit that came along with it does not have battery drain protection like some wiring kits where the camera is auto shut down post battery level going a certain volts. Currently it's installed using the supplied charger kit that plugs into the cigarette port.

I am in a dilemma if i should get a new better hardwire kit or use the current one as is as there is hardly more than a 3 day gap ever when my car is not driven. The hardwire kit did not come with a fuse tap and searching online on indian sites it seems to be more expensive here than ordering one from china 3000 miles away

Anyway i loved the discreet nature of this camera and one can't even see it while driving as i installed it just behind the mirror on the edges of the middle sunguard dotted area. It also has a feature where when hardwired with a constant power source it can auto record during a parking collision with its motion sensor inside. The app interface is easy to use and one can view the videos recorded using the app without disconnecting the camera. However once can only view the videos using wifi and to transfer any to a phone one will still need to either plugin a usb cable to the cam or unplug the card from camera and connect it in a card slot. The videos using the app also play slightly laggy and jerky as i guess the wifi interface bandwidth isn't fast enough for the Full HD videos. Using the supplied usb cable the videos play lag free though.

Here is a short video i took at dusk from the camera, the day videos are expectedly much clearer. Do watch in full HD.

Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_2.png  

Mr. Nobody is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 15:50   #2533
Senior - BHPian

I've been using the same Blueskysea B1W which I bought for $46 with the hardwire kit off Aliexpress. I have installed it using the 12V cable though and I find this quite convenient in my Ecosport. The video is nice and clear even at night and I would definitely recommend this as it is a capacitor based camera at a good price.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 16:28   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I've been using the same Blueskysea B1W which I bought for $46 with the hardwire kit off Aliexpress. I have installed it using the 12V cable though and I find this quite convenient in my Ecosport. The video is nice and clear even at night and I would definitely recommend this as it is a capacitor based camera at a good price.
Yes the main reason i went for it was the no battery inside feature as i was uncomfortable with a battery based one in our NCR heat.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 19:47   #2535
Senior - BHPian

This post is a mix of my Dash Cam and a newly experimenting Security Cam which I found worth sharing here.

Dashcam : Viofo A119 V2, working excellent to the 13th month on 64 GB card, powered through the cigar lighter point only from starting the engine to parking. I manually plug the power in and out. If left unattended, it goes OFF after 3 minutes of locking the door from outside, which is still perfect.

Security Camera (experimenting from Today 6th Dec 2018) : D3D, HD cam from Amazon (Rs.3000). Kept on the tray behind the back seat headrest. I find it very interesting and useful. It can support upto 128GB card, has tilt and pan function, motion sensor, night vision, talk function etc. Best part I like is the accessibility of the LIVE view on your mobile from anywhere in the world. To achieve this, my present set up is (total under 6000) :
1. D3D Littlelf, WiFi, IP, HD camera with a 32 GB card (picture attached below)
2. Jio Fi 4G Hotspot
3. PNY 10400 mAh powerbank (single output)

Its been running LIVE from 10am today, at 7pm (8 hours down), the battery on the Jio Fi (on built in battery) and Powerbank are still 50%. I am assuming a total of 16+ hours of power without connecting anything to the car battery. I have ordered a Syska 20000 mAh power bank with dual output that can power the JioFi and D3D same time. I can charge the power bank whenever I drive (from the 12 volt socket in the boot) or just swap between PNY and Syska charged from home.

I was checking the Owl camera set up for my car which has an HD front and rear camera, built-in 4G LTE, accessibility and alert on mobile etc. but even if bought from US, it goes above 25k. It has a flashing green beacon which alerts anyone around the car of the recording. D3D has the same green thing, which I loved so much

Any suggestions on the alternate power source for the JioFi and D3D is welcome
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-d3d.jpg
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks