Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2019, 05:58   #2566
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

DDPAI MINI full HD dashcam is currently available with limited seller warranty on amazon.in @ ₹4,199/- (₹5,199/- with a hardware kit). Priced almost on par with AliExpress, this appears to be a very good pick for a newbie user; or even as a rear dashcam for current users of different cameras.

Specifications

Full HD 1080P
Exmor CMOS Sensor
WDR with Night Vision
140° Wide Angle Lens
Super capacitor
G-Sensor
WiFi
Optional 24H Parking Mode
Upto 128GB

Disclaimer: No affiliations or business interests whatsoever.

PS: The ones available on amazon and Ali could actually be two different products being marketed under the same name. Kindly research a bit more before hitting that BUY NOW icon and cursing me later .

Last edited by dailydriver : 16th January 2019 at 06:00.
Old 16th January 2019, 08:06   #2567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Specifications
Full HD 1080P
Exmor CMOS Sensor
WDR with Night Vision
140° Wide Angle Lens
Super capacitor
G-Sensor
WiFi
Optional 24H Parking Mode
Upto 128GB
The ones available on amazon and Ali could actually be two different products being marketed under the same name. Kindly research a bit more before hitting that
I recently brought this camera as a replacement to my Viofo and this product is a load of bull****. Only good thing is the packaging and build which gives a false perception of its performance but it is just not worth its price.
  • Average recording quality both at day and night
  • Hardly any customization available in terms of settings
  • Wierd app behaviour
  • Average sound recording quality
  • No embedded GPS data or overlay. There is a separate GPX file generated
  • Permanent mounting point which is non removable

The specs mentioned are just on paper. My cheaper Viofo A118 was far superior in all terms except it didn't offer wifi connectivity. I am planning to sell the DDPAI for a throwaway price and switch back to Viofo.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 09:41   #2568
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I have ordered the 70Mai Pro Dash Cam from AliExpress for our Ford EcoSport. My main requirements were decent camera for day/night use, detachable and within $50. I did check out the Viofo A119 and Alfawise MB05 and found the Alfawise MB05 to be more VFM but it was out-of-stock since few days now so I went ahead with 70Mai Pro. I am not much interested in dash cams with LCD since I will mostly be using my phone/laptop to view the recordings but I could not find a decent/equivalent cam with detachable mount without a LCD. So kindly suggest any alternatives since my order is not yet shipped and I may be able to cancel and order another one!

Here are the specs and features:
Image Sensor:SONY IMX335
Camera Resolution:2592* 1944
Screen: LCM 320mm*240mm
Lens: 6-Glasses, 140° Wide angle, F=1.8
Battery: Lithium-ion Polymer Battery
Battery Capacity: 500mAh
Input: 5V /2A
Operation Temperature: -10℃ ~ 60℃
Dimension: 87.5 × 53 × 18mm

*G-Sensor: Automatic recording during collision
*Defog Algorithm: Effectively reduces distortion or degradation of images and reproduce a clear vision while driving in smoke and haze environment
*WDR: Adjusts exposure balance, enabling the camera to pick up greater detail in darkness and highlights, allowing the dash cam to process more light on the sensor and produce a more vibrant image.

The Dash Cam :
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-xiaomi70mai.jpg

P.S: Regarding battery vs capacitor, I think anything will do since our car will mostly be parked in shade and I do not think heating will be a problem because we had a Garmin Navigation stuck to our Windshield for 5 years and we never faced any issue due to heating apart from the suction cup getting released due to heat.

Last edited by Funny : 26th January 2019 at 09:46.
Funny is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 07:05   #2569
BHPian

Quote:
....Optional 24H Parking Mode.....
Hi,Can you please explain what is 24 h parking mode and how does it operate.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd May 2019 at 12:57. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 27th January 2019, 08:33   #2570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
DDPAI MINI full HD dashcam
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I recently brought this camera as a replacement to my Viofo and this product is a load of bull****.
Viddy had suggested the DDPai Mini2 and I've been using it for about six months now; been satisfied with the video quality. I haven't tinkered with the settings at all though. It's a good option, at a similar price point.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 19:03   #2571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraholic View Post
Hi,Can you please explain what is 24 h parking mode and how does it operate.
Please refer to post #2565 of this thread.

In the instant case, the camera claims to have the potential to keep recording on and on, at 1fps when parked.

24 hours is just market speak. It simply means that the camera can, if connected in a certain way, and subject to some conditions, record while the engine is not running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Viddy had suggested the DDPai Mini2 and I've been using it for about six months now; been satisfied with the video quality. I haven't tinkered with the settings at all though. It's a good option, at a similar price point.
Thanks.

I had of course read good words about this camera on the forum and even elsewhere. That's precisely why I wrote about its easy availability on amazon. However, audioholic seems to have had a bad experience with the same model. It could be a one off case of a lemon landing on his desk or the amazon seller might be passing off a sub standard item under the DDPai name even while claiming to be the sole retailer for the brand in India.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20190127185442524_com.brave.browser985x395.png

Either ways, I would go with a Bhpian's opinion and refrain from referring it to anyone until someone else comes up with a contrary, laudatory experience.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th January 2019 at 20:55. Reason: As requested
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 20:20   #2572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's precisely why I wrote about its easy availability on amazon. However, audioholic seems to have had a bad experience with the same model. It could be a one off case of a lemon landing on his desk
What landed on my desk is a Ddpai Mini, what the seller on amazon is retailing is the same Ddpai Mini what you mentioned. However Libranof1987 is referring to a Ddpai Mini2. Lets get that sorted out. The mini2 is a successor with some improvements. As an out of the box solution, its pretty decent like Libranof1987 says which a first time dashcam user will like. But if it's a change like in my case, it is a disappointment, the Mini. I guess the Mini2 would have addressed some of the drawbacks since it's obviously the successor.

Last edited by audioholic : 27th January 2019 at 20:27.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 20:52   #2573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What landed on my desk is a Ddpai Mini...I guess the Mini2 would have addressed some of the drawbacks since it's obviously the successor
And there's a Mini3 too, with an inbuilt memory of 32GB and priced four times higher than the plain Mini.
Old 9th February 2019, 11:39   #2574
BHPian

I purchased Rexing V1Pro dual dash cam in US for my Ford Endeavour. I'm not much of DIY person and would like to get some help in hardwire installation of the two cameras.

Any reliable installer in Hyderabad, preferably near Gachibowli.

Thanks.
Old 14th February 2019, 18:14   #2575
BHPian

Need help on finding a place (online or a store in Chennai) to buy the below pictured dashboard mount for my A119 dashcam.

Had to replace my broken windshield recently and lost the mount along with it and it has been surprisingly hard to find just the mounting sticker anywhere. Or maybe I'm not finding anything because I don't know the right name for it.

It has 3M sticker on one side which is fixed to the windshield and the other side the mount to attach to the dashcam as pictured in the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-26452b3ee59b4902b23623943bc45620.jpeg  

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 14th February 2019 at 18:16.
Old 14th February 2019, 18:32   #2576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Need help on finding a place (online or a store in Chennai) to buy the below pictured dashboard mount for my A119 dashcam.

Had to replace my broken windshield recently and lost the mount along with it and it has been surprisingly hard to find just the mounting sticker anywhere. Or maybe I'm not finding anything because I don't know the right name for it.

It has 3M sticker on one side which is fixed to the windshield and the other side the mount to attach to the dashcam as pictured in the attachment.
Won't find it locally as it's specific to the A119 series. Look on Aliexpress.

I have a few spare, if you can arrange a courier pickup, can keep it packed and ready. PM...
harsh79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 14:38   #2577
BHPian

I recently acquired Rexing V1P Pro Dual 1080p Full HD Front and Rear dash cam. Here is a sample from initial test .
Old 10th March 2019, 19:28   #2578

Hi Everyone,

My dashcam could have just saved me Rs.1035.

This happened in Hyderabad. Today, I received a traffic challan for overspeeding on the Outer Ring Road (ORR) and the fine amount was Rs.1035. The speed mentioned in the challan was 122KMPH and time around 4.50pm on my way to the Hyderabad Airport on 8th March 2019.

Traffic challan captured image:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U_...jymQVUKgOh971q

As I have a Transcend DP220 in the car, it captured my ride to the airport. I have uploaded the video on youtube. On watching you will note my speed is under 90KMPH and anyone can say for sure that I was certainly not doing 122kmph at all!

I have raised an objection with Cyberabad Police contesting the eChallan. Here is what I wrote.

Quote:

The E-Challan is showing my speed as 122KMPH. It is a speed I have never done in my life at all.

- My car has cruise control and I had set it to 90 Kmph max on ORR.

- In the photo evidence captured by your camera, you will see a "HAY STACK" fallen on the road - it is in front of my car. Please note it.

- I have an in-car Dash Camera which is always turned on. The camera captures time, speed, lane and also GPS coordinates of my vehicle and continuously video records the road in front of me in realtime. I have uploaded the relevant video taken from my car to youtube as proof.

I request you to please see the video.

Between 9 and 10 Seconds in the video, you will see your police officer sitting in the median on the right. A lorry is in lane-4 and my vehicle is passing it.

Exactly at 16 seconds in the video a White Scorpio with registration number AP12N6142 is overtaking my vehicle from lane-1.

At 18-20 seconds in the video you can see the 'HAY STACK' fallen on lane-3. At this point in time, my vehicle is actually doing only 83KMPH. The Scorpio would have been doing over-speeding. Since from the location where your officer was holding the speed gun it might appear that both cars are over-speeding as both the vehicles are in the police officer's camera frame.

However, I categorically state that I was not over-speeding due to the above stated reasons. As I have submitted video proof, I request you to please withdraw the eCHALLAN CYB13LG199959458 issued against my vehicle and please close the matter.

Please treat the matter urgent.

unQuote

I shall wait for the response from the Dept. But I feel that as my evidence is stronger the challan may be withdrawn. I think, the DashCam certainly proved itself after all these years. By the way, this was the first time I had to use the dashcam's video for any traffic related matter.

By the way did you guys note the [over]speed with the eChallan was dispatched in a day. I got an SMS notification too!

I shall keep eveery one posted on the developments.

Thanks
SVS
svsudhir is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 22:51   #2579
ada
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
Hey guys, I am looking to buy a dashcam and zeroed in on Xiaomi dashcam Here

But it is only available on Aliexpress. Is Aliexpress a trustworthy site to buy? Did anyone here buy from Aliexpress? Will I have any issues from customs?
How is the Xiaomi dashcam? was planning to buy the same model 70mai.
Old 13th March 2019, 23:41   #2580
BANNED

can anyone please suggest a dash cam with camera angle 130 or less? I am currently using YI dashcam with 165 angle of view which in my opinion distorts whats happening in front, after a recent incident i have decided to go for a narrower field of view, it should be under 5000 from aliexpress.

Most Viewed