Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2019, 21:46   #2641
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Received my YI smart dash camera today. It took about 18 days to arrive through Indiapost and thankfully without any customs. The seller had marked it as gift (which I don't think really helps or even matters) and had marked it as a USD18 item.

Ordered the cam with an extra suction mount so that I can use the cam on both cars. Here's it:

Attachment 1831227

Attachment 1831226
Hello Saket77, wanted to know your feedback on this product and also it would be helpful if you can share the installation pics and tips.

thank you
Old 4th June 2019, 22:14   #2642
BHPian

I am new to dash cam's and have been following this thread for a long time. So finally thought of buying one and get my hands on it. Since it will be my first experience I didn't wanted to buy an expensive one. So I went ahead and bought XIAOMI 70MAI Smart Car Dvr (EU Version). And the amount I paid was Rs 2661.78/-. I bought it from www.banggood.in.

Will update more on that once I install it and start using it.

https://www.banggood.in/XIAOMI-70MAI...warehouse=GWTR

Last edited by Singh09 : 4th June 2019 at 22:19.
Singh09 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 23:33   #2643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Hello Saket77, wanted to know your feedback on this product and also it would be helpful if you can share the installation pics and tips.

thank you
Hi. The cam is a good balance between price and quality. The video quality in day light is good. Satisfactory at night. Operating and setting up is really easy. Since, I keep it moving around on both my cars, I got two mounts which are fixed on each car. I arranged one USB cable for the other car while I got one with the cam itself.
I'll share pictures of both installations.
I have tried to keep it discrete hence routed the wires through the A pillars.
Here's a good review of the same cam by BHPian Samrat and Samba. Trust these help.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...sh-camera.html (Review: YI Dash Camera)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4509620 (Review: YI Dash Camera)

Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 4th June 2019 at 23:41.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 15:32   #2644
BHPian

Dear All,

I've ordered the Viofo a119 V2 (with GPS and CPL filter) from Ali express yesterday during the mid year sale. The a129 duo was costing around 11.5k with the GPS. The a119 V2 cost me less than half the price of the a129. So I was thinking of purchasing the Blueskysea b1w as my rear camera which costs around 3k. Now, the 12v plug of the a119 has got two USB ports. One will have the wire to the a119. Can I connect the b1w wire to the other USB port?

Also, for the b1w, I was thinking of running the cable along the floor from the rear (due to the side airbags). Kindly suggest if there are any alternatives. I wouldn't be ordering the b1w immediately.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 21:00   #2645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
I am new to dash cam's and have been following this thread for a long time. So finally thought of buying one and get my hands on it. Since it will be my first experience I didn't wanted to buy an expensive one. So I went ahead and bought XIAOMI 70MAI Smart Car Dvr (EU Version). And the amount I paid was Rs 2661.78/-. I bought it from www.banggood.in.

Will update more on that once I install it and start using it.

https://www.banggood.in/XIAOMI-70MAI...warehouse=GWTR
Singh09,You should have gone for Bluskysea B1W for Rs.500 Extra you would have got a capacitor based dash cam and a better video quality compared to 70MAI.Incase you are considering to buy another for rear,give B1W a thought.Cheers for the dash cam!
Ronak_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 00:46   #2646
BHPian

Folks, need a suggestion. I bought a new car recently and want to install a dashcam. I drive on the highways, mostly during the night. Here is the list of cams i have shortlisted:

1. XIAOMI 70MAI Smart Car Dvr (EU Version) : Rs. 3335.72/- on banggood

2. Bluskysea B1W - Rs. 4755.60 on banggood

3. YI Ultra Dash Camera - Rs.4035 ($58) on Aliexpress

Can you guys suggest the best one? Also, are these sites reliable for buying
Old 24th June 2019, 02:02   #2647

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Folks, need a suggestion. I bought a new car recently and want to install a dashcam. I drive on the highways, mostly during the night. Here is the list of cams i have shortlisted:

1. XIAOMI 70MAI Smart Car Dvr (EU Version) : Rs. 3335.72/- on banggood

2. Bluskysea B1W - Rs. 4755.60 on banggood

3. YI Ultra Dash Camera - Rs.4035 ($58) on Aliexpress

Can you guys suggest the best one? Also, are these sites reliable for buying
You should go with capacitor based dashcams for better reliability.From the ones you listed out,I would suggest you to go for B1W which you will get on AliExpress for cheaper price compared to Banggood.

Also if you budget permits do give Viofo Series a thought.
Ronak_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 16:38   #2648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronak_7 View Post
You should go with capacitor based dashcams for better reliability.From the ones you listed out,I would suggest you to go for B1W which you will get on AliExpress for cheaper price compared to Banggood.

Also if you budget permits do give Viofo Series a thought.

Thanks Ronak. Looked at Viofo Series. Like it a lot. Will get it. Should i get the one with CPL remote and hardware kit or just the camera set is enough? How easy is the installation?
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 17:20   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Thanks Ronak. Looked at Viofo Series. Like it a lot. Will get it. Should i get the one with CPL remote and hardware kit or just the camera set is enough? How easy is the installation?

I have the Viofo a119 v2 with CPL and hard-wire kit and its worth it. I did not see any benefit of getting the GPS module. I did not do the installation but one of my friend did it for me and the entire installation and set up was done in 30 mins, main part is alignment of the camera on the front glass, once that is sorted out, rest is easy and the instruction manual is decent enough as well.
Old 24th June 2019, 18:24   #2650
Senior - BHPian

The GPS module may make or break your day by having the vehicle speed (GPS tracked speed is considered to be accurate) and lat / long location in case of any mishaps / accidents / required alibi.
Old 24th June 2019, 18:32   #2651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I have the Viofo a119 v2 with CPL and hard-wire kit and its worth it. I did not see any benefit of getting the GPS module. I did not do the installation but one of my friend did it for me and the entire installation and set up was done in 30 mins, main part is alignment of the camera on the front glass, once that is sorted out, rest is easy and the instruction manual is decent enough as well.
+1 to Viofo. I'm using it from last 2 weeks. While searching online for viofo firmware upgrade, I stumble upon this thread on Dashcamtalk re modified Firmware. I took the risk and went ahead with the installation. I liked the clarity of the videos. It is better than the stock firmware for sure.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...archive.35602/

In the above link you have all the information and it is super easy to upgrade or to downgrade to original firmware.

Last edited by atulsian : 24th June 2019 at 18:34.
atulsian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 09:14   #2652
BHPian

Don't know if this was posted already, but Kent (yes, the water purifier company) has launched a dashcam! And they star Shah Rukh Khan as the ambassador!

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...s-17999-412282

Anyone come across any reviews on this cam?
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 21:33   #2653
BHPian

After giving great service for the last 6 years my DOD S1 finally gave up on me. Actually the cam still works, but the mount broke, and the cam is also long in the tooth now. I'm looking for a new cam in the range of 7.5k.

I'm preferably looking for a capacitor based cam that has a suction mount, or if its a 3M one, at least it has an option to take the camera out without removing the 3M mount while giving the car for servicing etc.

After going through this thread I have zeroed in on two options: DDPAI Mini2P and Blueskysea B1W, but it looks like they have the fixed 3M mounts. Are there any other options? If not then I'll have to chose from either of these 2.

- Need App controlled cam, don't need a camera screen
- I wont be hard wiring the cam
- Don't need parking sensor, collision alert and other high tech features.

Thanks!
Old 26th June 2019, 11:27   #2654
BHPian

I ordered a Viofo A129 Duo with GPS from AliExpress on 7th June 2019 for 141.99 USD. Received the package today from local post office. I paid them Rs.4094 as customs duty(IGST) and Rs.30 as postal charges. I have given the breakage of amount. It would be useful for someone.

Name:  Viofo A129.png
Views: 2477
Size:  5.1 KB

When browsing through banggood.in I noticed they include the customs duty in the price (₹15,281.53). But i still saved a few bucks when I ordered from AliExpress.
TorqueKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 18:39   #2655
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to buy the 70Mai Pro which seems pretty good to me at the price point and it comes with a screen which is my requirement. What is your opinion folks?

On Banggood its available for around INR 4000 and the same piece on Amazon.in is for 6990. Why the huge price difference? Will I get charged duty on a Banggood shipment which may make it equivalent to the price on Amazon?

I have never bought anything from either Banggood or Aliexpress, hence the confusion.

I am very bad with any DIY stuff, are there any shops in Mumbai where I may get a good choice of dashcams?

Please chip in with your experience folks.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks